• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration to be Livestreamed, April 16th-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebration is in London next year. Tickets go on sale tomorrow 4/20.

Welp guess I'm not attending haha. Was very fortunate to have it not far from where I live in the year of the new movie.

Rootbeer

Banned
Congrats London!

That's way too far away for me to even consider :p

Hope lots of GAF can attend

Looking forward to the next NA Celebration. It would be a real joy to attend... if only I could convince anyone I knew to go with me :p

Rootbeer

Banned
Same! I'm so cheap and lazy, I live about twenty minutes from where it went down this year and still didn't go for any of it.

Wow seriously... I used to live within walking distance of Wondercon... it was incredible to just be able to walk home after each day... so much fun. You're crazy! Could have at least bought a 1 day pass and spotted some of the celebs.

Hope they stream it every year though.

Wow seriously... I used to live within walking distance of Wondercon... it was incredible to just be able to walk home after each day... so much fun. You're crazy! Could have at least bought a 1 day pass and spotted some of the celebs.

Hope they stream it every year though.

I don't really get starstruck; I just like panels and interviews, and for that streaming usually has the best seat in the house. If I'd had a costume to debut I would have gone, though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Cons are frustrating because you can never attend all the panels you'd like to. But I've still been able to attend some great ones and witness some big moments in person. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything!

But I'm also a bit of a merch whore so it's great to attend cons for that purpose as well.

DaveH

So cool. BB8 is real.

Until now I still thought there was some puppetry going on, even if you could remotely control it. I shouldn't have doubted.

Love love love.
Nevermind, I guess I was right.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/business/media/start-up-solves-star-wars-droid-puzzle.html

One in particular stood out: BB-8, a beeping, free-rolling, orange and white ball with a little half-sphere hat.

But BB-8 was complicated. During the filming of the movie, it was a prop built on rollers and controlled by a puppeteer, he said.

“You would see this guy pushing BB-8 around, actually controlling BB-8, but he gets the equivalent of airbrushed out,” Mr. Iger said.
So what you see in the movie isn't the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom