• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration to be Livestreamed, April 16th-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
He crashed a plane a couple weeks ago.
It really would have been something for him to be there this year...

Of all the main cast he feels the most disconnected from the fandom, it would have been a big moment. Really sucks!

Oh well, tomorrow is another big day for panels... Celebration has been outstanding this year, and the free steaming coverage is more than we deserve, they really didn't have to spend all the resources to organize this, yet here it is... really thankful that they have done this.

Xamdou

Stand alone movie. We are getting a Star Wars movie ever single year now. So far two stand alone films have been announced.

Wow Star Wars is yearly franchise now? So JJ Abrams will jump start the new saga with ep 7 and then others will do the other movies?

ghostmind

Wow Star Wars is yearly franchise now? So JJ Abrams will jump start the new saga with ep 7 and then others will do the other movies?

At least until Episode IX, and then...?

I'm sure Disney won't be looking to stop this train once it gets going though.

Yes. There has been rumors that LucasFilm/Disney want JJ back for Episode 9 after seeing footage of TFA. Initially, it was thought that Rian Johnson would be doing both 8 and 9. He's only been officially confirmed for 8.

Xamdou

Still though a new Star Wars film every year, that's like a SW fan's dream come true!

Yes. There has been rumors that LucasFilm/Disney want JJ back for Episode 9 after seeing footage of TFA. Initially, it was thought that Rian Johnson would be doing both 8 and 9. He's only been officially confirmed for 8.

I am a big fan of JJ because of the Fringe, Star Trek reboot, and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol so I was extremely excited when I heard he was going to produce the new SW films. I just checked his IMDB and he's going to produce the upcoming Half-Life and Portal films also?

Rootbeer

Banned

Being both a Marvel and a Star Wars fan never felt better. We have some really good years ahead of us. Please keep the quality up there, Disney!
Still though a new Star Wars film every year, that's like a SW fan's dream come true!
Maybe more than one a year if the first couple turn out really well.

Don't forget about the books, comics, games, animated shows and (it's inevitable) live action tv shows!

It's working for DC and Marvel... Star Wars will be in that arena soon enough.

Yeah, I'm wondering if we'll get a title for the 2nd spinoff, as well as a general idea of what Rogue One is going to be about.

And whether Ben Mendelssohn is cast.

injurai

Banned
I was checking some of the deleted scenes from episode 3....wow, really good material was cut ):

It's been a really long time since I watched through that, but I remember thinking the same. Episode 2 I thought the same as well. Don't think I ever saw it for the first movie though.

I am a big fan of JJ because of the Fringe, Star Trek reboot, and Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol so I was extremely excited when I heard he was going to produce the new SW films. I just checked his IMDB and he's going to produce the upcoming Half-Life and Portal films also?
Don't go by IMDB. IMDB is notoriously wrong. Almost anyone can edit it I guess.

Can you believe we're gonna get a Star Wars movie on the 40th anniversary of ANH. I guess I'm still shocked we're getting new films.

Even more exciting knowing they're going back to summer releases for that anniversary too. GOOD LORD.

Can you believe we're gonna get a Star Wars movie on the 40th anniversary of ANH. I guess I'm still shocked we're getting new films.

Even more exciting knowing they're going back to summer releases for that anniversary too. GOOD LORD.

Yeah I am so happy that they went back to the May release starting with Episode 8.

Metalmarc

I'm not going to read too much into the below info i took from the stream, because most of it seemed in Jest, but i thought i'd share because some of the stuff we have heard from rumours from various sources already.

Did anyone else catch the Costume contest?, the costume was "boba fett escapes the Sarlacc pit costume" and James Arnold Taylor (or was it dee?) said Just in time for his Spin Off movie, of course it was probably said in jest, but i'm hoping it's true.

And then there was Sam Witwers Tweet

Sam Witwer ‏@SamWitwer
Goal : play all Star Wars villains ever. You're next, Adam Driver.

But then

Sam Witwer ‏@SamWitwer
Guys, before you think I know something..? I don't. Assuming Adam Driver is this guy cuz #tall
#verytall

Again either all in fun or almost a slip up

Also whilst being interviewed, someone mentioned Episode 8 and the expression on Sams face (almost a knowing smirk) made me think he knows stuff about Episode 8 already or he is going to be in it. If he is, i'd like to see him as a new Character, obviously it has to be a Sith

Cheebo

Banned
I'm not going to read too much into the below info i took from the stream, because most of it seemed in Jest, but i thought i'd share because some of the stuff we have heard from rumours from various sources already.

Did anyone else catch the Costume contest?, the costume was "boba fett escapes the Sarlacc pit costume" and James Arnold Taylor (or was it dee?) said Just in time for his Spin Off movie, of course it was probably said in jest, but i'm hoping it's true.

And then there was Sam Witwers Tweet

Again either all in fun or almost a slip up

Also whilst being interviewed, someone mentioned Episode 8 and the expression on Sams face (almost a knowing smirk) made me think he knows stuff about Episode 8 already or he is going to be in it. If he is, i'd like to see him as a new Character, obviously it has to be a Sith
That doesn't mean he he has inside info. If you follow the spoilers you know exactly who Driver is playing.

Ohwiseone

Sounding like the Edwards Trank panel is not going to be streaming today.

Via Slashfilm:
Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier 3h3 hours ago

As far as I can tell, today’s @joshuatrank/ Gareth Edwards panel at #SWCA is NOT streaming.

Via Slashfilm:

As far as I can tell, today’s @joshuatrank/ Gareth Edwards panel at #SWCA is NOT streaming.

Darn it, some one get in there and record it!

Via Slashfilm:

Darn it, some one get in there and record it!

Booooo.
AFeZraO.jpg

I wonder if this has to do with the agreement they had to reach with Paramount over Rogue One marketing.

Ohwiseone

Aww shit.

They are showing something. A teaser probably but still.

EDIT:
Sound like the full title is Star Wars Anthology: Rouge One...Which I don't like

Using Obi-Wan "Before the Dark Times" speech as a V.O., a TIE fighter flies over a jungle. The camera pans up, and we see the Death Star. Pilot chatter is heard on the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom