• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration to be Livestreamed, April 16th-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like the first post-ROTJ book we have coming is Aftermath in September. I wish we got something sooner. Can't wait to dig into all of them.

Oh it doesn't matter when they are, as long as they're canon with the movies. But that will be really cool.

Honestly I think overall the canon comics so far might even be better than the canon novels.

Didn't even know there were comics. I have work to do.

edit: oh shit I meant to ask this in the EU thread lol

Anthony Daniels is great.

Did anyone catch the breakdown of Lego episodes to movie episodes. 5 episodes of the show but 6 movies... which 2 movies are crammed into a single episode of the show?

Rootbeer

Banned
Anthony Daniels is great.

Did anyone catch the breakdown of Lego episodes to movie episodes. 5 episodes of the show but 6 movies... which 2 movies are crammed into a single episode of the show?

1: ep 1 & 2
2: ep 3 and some clone wars
3: ep 4 and some rebels
4: all 5
5: all 6

Cheebo

Banned
When are they set?

Is it just filler between Star Wars and Empire?
So far we have Star Wars, Vader, and Leia that's set in that time period.

4th series Kanan is set during The Clone Wars.

5th series, Lando (out in July) is set between A New Hope and Empire.

6th series Shattered Empire is set post-ROTJ and that one is out in September.

We are also getting a post-ROTJ one off about Threepio in September as well.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Before I head back to sleep, which GAF was responsible for typing this? Spotted this on my own and screencapped it myself.

gAvYcX0.png

Link with timestamp: https://youtu.be/brNTpnUR61g?t=5h54m36s

kaiju

Please tell me Fisher's panel was archived.

Here you go: https://youtu.be/brNTpnUR61g?t=3h43m9s

My heart sort of breaks for Carrie. She looks much older than 58. Years of addiction has taken it's toll on her body. She once said she partied as hard as John Belushi back in the day. I believe she suffered a drug related stroke as well. Very sad, but I'm glad she's alive.

She does look happy now, and I love her affection with the fans. Can't believe she kissed a fan like that, he was all wanting more too haha. Go Carrie!

My heart sort of breaks for Carrie. She looks much older than 58. Years of addiction has taken it's toll on her body. She once said she partied as hard as John Belushi back in the day. I believe she suffered a drug related stroke as well. Very sad, but I'm glad she's alive.

She does look happy now, and I love her affection with the fans. Can't believe she kissed a fan like that, he was all wanting more too haha. Go Carrie!
She is the crazy aunt of Star Wars and I love it.

Prompto

Banned

lol Carrie Fisher is amazing

crazy good

I wish I was this hyped.

I have never seen a star wars movies. Going to do marathon in couple of days.

I hope I like it so I get on the hype train too

Might want to skip the prequels (episodes 1 - 3) or at least watch them after the original trilogy or you will get a very bad first impression

Might want to skip the prequels (episodes 1 - 3) or at least watch them after the original trilogy or you will get a very bad first impression

Whatever one thinks of the prequels, I think the actual story is fine and important to the overall saga. I'm not sure why someone would just watch four through nine. The prequels are more like a mixed reaction season of an otherwise good TV show. Some like, some hate, but they're still worth watching just to know the full story.

Watch the prequels and make your own decisions on whether you like them or not.

Never bought into this "Pretend they don't exist!" nonsense

To me it's all pretty interchangeable in terms of quality. I don't think the prequels suck and the originals are great. It's not that clear-cut to me. My personal ranking would probably look something like this: 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 1. I think Phantom Menace and Clones are the worst two but I don't think that they're too much worse, enjoyment wise, than Jedi, but Revenge of the Sith is the most enjoyable to me personally. I rewatched Empire last night and I think it's pretty overrated. Great, but I think it's kind of slow at times with the standouts being Hoth and Escapism City. I think New Hope is better overall than Empire and Jedi, with the prequels kind of interspersed around them.

So yeah, not that cut and dry, at least not to me. I love the originals and grew up with them too but I guess I don't put them on the pedestal that some do-- which is sad because I fucking love those movies. I just think that they share some of the same positives and negatives with the prequels.

Rootbeer

Banned
The tradition continues! I'd be doing the same thing.
crazy good

I wish I was this hyped.

I have never seen a star wars movies. Going to do marathon in couple of days.

I hope I like it so I get on the hype train too

Grats... make sure to watch them IV, V, VI, I, II, III :p
Naa... either way is fine. But you'll see most people suggesting this order.
Numbered order might be best for maximum hype buildup for VII, especially if you watched all of The Clone Wars and SW Rebels before you started IV, V, VI. That would take a lot of dedication though :)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

The tradition continues! I'd be doing the same thing.

Grats... make sure to watch them IV, V, VI, I, II, III :p

Okay I am so fucking confuse now. I was going to watch in order/release date wise. All 6 episodes. but I should be watching 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3. Right?

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay I am so fucking confuse now. I was going to watch in order/release date wise. All 6 episodes. but I should be watching 4,5,6 and then 1,2,3. Right?

Yes that is right, assuming you wanted to watch in released order.

Clearly GJ's goal was for new fans to watch them in 1,2,3,4,5,6 order but that's usually not how you'll usually see it suggested.

Who cares! Just watch all 6 and come up with your own thoughts on the matter

I would watch them in the order of release. The originals came out first and have surprises that are admittedly squashed by the prequels but unless you don't know that Leia is Chewbacca's father it doesn't really matter. I do think the originals should be seen first though.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't think I'd let my kids watch them 1-6 the first time but hey, lots of younger people have been introduced to them that way... it's unavoidable.

If you know NOTHING about star wars go release order. If you have already been spoiled on some of the reveals from episode V and VI then watch them however you want.

Yeah, you're only going to get a full appreciation for the bombshells dropped in Empire and Jedi if you watch them in release order (4,5,6,1,2,3) the first go-around.

An entire generation of Star Wars fans watched them 1,2,3,4,5,6 though

If you happen to be completely Star Wars ignorant, watching them in 1-6 order should still be very interesting. Seeing Anakin fall to the Dark Side, and do some awful things, would be a tremendous shock. And seeing how he fell, adds more tension to all the OT duels. If Anakin can be turned by appealing to familial lose, you worry more about Luke. But I imagine most people know Darth Vader is Luke's father so basically the options are open.

I loved the OT growing up (born in 1985), but I honestly have no memory of the Darth Vader reveal in TESB. That has in no way diminished my love of that film. The reveal of Luke and Leia's relationship is a far worse thing to be spoiled by the PT.

I think there's an even more interesting question. Let's say you decide to show your kids the Saga in 1-6 order order, do watch the whole Clone Wars series in between AotC and RotS? It's a lot of material to get through, but it really adds a lot of depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom