• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration to be Livestreamed, April 16th-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's an even more interesting question. Let's say you decide to show your kids the Saga in 1-6 order order, do watch the whole Clone Wars series in between AotC and RotS? It's a lot of material to get through, but it really adds a lot of depth.

Yeah I think that would be way too big of a pause but it's definitely worth checking out later. I'm actually glad that the movies focused on Anakin and that they gave the Clone Wars an entire TV series. That's more satisfying to me.

Cheebo

Banned
FYI, the Smuggler's Gambit panel will stream at 4. It's a must watch, the last one was fantastic. Original radio play about Han Solo set during the OT from Kyle Newman.

Rootbeer

Banned
the audio drama was a lot of fun.

Does anyone own this Star Wars Costumes book, which I know came out a while back? I have been thinking about getting it for months. The author is on the stream now.

I do have Ultimate Star Wars on pre-order, doubling down on it after yesterday's Canon panel where they mentioned it multiple times.

*edit*
oh wait there are TWO Ultimate Star Wars books releasing this year?
There is this one: http://amzn.com/1465436014
Become an expert on the Star Wars galaxy!

Ultimate Star Wars® is an in-depth visual feast exploring the characters and storylines from the Star Wars galaxy. This is a beautifully illustrated guide that is structured chronologically and packed full of information about key characters and storylines from the Star Wars movie saga, The Clone Wars, and Rebels™. Ultimate Star Wars will get new and old fans caught up and knowledgeable on all things Star Wars.

© & TM 2015 LUCASFILM LTD.

And this one
http://amzn.com/0241007909

This is your ultimate guide to the Star Wars universe. Open this ultimate visual feast and explore the iconic characters and story lines from the Star Wars galaxy. Beautifully illustrated, Ultimate Star Wars is packed with information about every single character from Mace Windu to Darth Maul through detailed analyses of their stories throughout the saga. You can explore the Star Wars universe in chronological order to follow the whole story or dive in and out to relive your favourite moments, key battles and iconic characters. A must-have for Star Wars fans, Ultimate Star Wars will enhance your knowledge of the characters and story lines before the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Including characters from the Star Wars movie saga, Star Wars Rebels and the Clone Wars, this is the only guide that explores the entire Star Wars universe in such detail. Includes concept art, wire frame images, props and behind-the-scenes shots of cast and crew from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus two beautiful behind-the-scenes prints. (copyright) & T 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd.

Both are 320 page harcovers... the later one releases in Sept and includes The Force Awakens content... o_O

Paul S. Kemp, author of a few Star Wars books, including the canonical Lords of the Sith, says on Twitter that Alan Dean Foster is doing the novelization of The Force Awakens.

(If you didn't know, Foster did the original novelization of Star Wars back in '77)

Eggbok

The guy interviewing the little girl cosplaying as Sabine from Rebels was hilarious:

"What is your name and what character are you?"
- Sabine
"And what is your name?"
- Sabine
"I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. What is your real name?"
- .....Sabine
lol.

ED Cantu

So Mark Hamill did record the narration for the trailer, he sounded young so I though they just used that part directly from Jedi.

I tuned in late. Did Mark just confirm he read the lines for the new trailer and they weren't just pulled from ROTJ? I knew it. It sounded different.

Number_6

Listen again. He said they mainly used the recording from Jedi, and used his new re-recording as a reverb effect. Watch the trailer with headphones, you can hear the echo...the echo is the new recording.

DrBo42

Listen again. He said they mainly used the recording from Jedi, and used his new re-recording as a reverb effect. Watch the trailer with headphones, you can hear the echo...the echo is the new recording.

Makes sense.

And Hamill is gone :( I could listen to the original cast members talk all day.

they cut to an old part of the stream. must be some tech issues.

Also man, did James Arnold Taylor host EVERYTHING?

Everything on the main stage, yes, although he was helped a couple of times.

It's funny for me to hear his normal speaking voice because it's so dopey and adorable, compared to the bravado he does with a lot of characters and commercials. Also because it's basically just Ratchet's voice.

Xamdou

Man Mark Hamill interview was Golden! My main highlights:

1. Talking about that "Star Trek" guy

2. His return as the Trickster in the new Flash series!

3. His VO work!

4. The entire TFA bit!

Rootbeer

Banned
Man Mark Hamill interview was Golden! My main highlights:

1. Talking about that "Star Trek" guy

2. His return as the Trickster in the new Flash series!

3. His VO work!

4. The entire TFA bit!
Tomorrow we have an Anthony Daniels panel and a Billy D Williams panel, good times!

Mark was great. It's always fun to get them alone.

I think it would be fun to do an interview with a pair and let them play off each-other. A Mark/Fisher duo interview could be fun. Could work for a lot of pairs.

If only Harrison were able to attend this year... assuming he even would have if he weren't recovering. Would really have completed the circle and made this a really great farewell celebration in a lot of ways... since I doubt we'll ever get them all together in this way again.

Cheebo

Banned
Dont forget we have the huge panel tomorrow with Gareth Edwards & Kathleen Kennedy. By far the biggest thing going on tomorrow. Word is we are going to be getting some huge Rogue One news tomorrow.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dont forget we have the huge panel tomorrow with Gareth Edwards & Kathleen Kennedy. By far the biggest thing going on tomorrow. Word is we are going to be getting some huge Rogue One news tomorrow.

oh shit, i hope so. i'm looking forward to that more than TFA even.

Eggbok

yaaaas.gif

Xamdou

Tomorrow we have an Anthony Daniels panel and a Billy D Williams panel, good times!

Mark was great. It's always fun to get them alone.

I think it would be fun to do an interview with a pair and let them play off each-other. A Mark/Fisher duo interview could be fun. Could work for a lot of pairs.

If only Harrison were able to attend this year... assuming he even would have if he weren't recovering. Would really have completed the circle and made this a really great farewell celebration in a lot of ways... since I doubt we'll ever get them all together in this way again.

Yea really wanted Harrison attend year but since he got injured he didn't make it, hopefully hes ok. What kind of dangerous stunts are they doing while filming?

So the Rogue One is Ep 8?

Cheebo

Banned
Yea really wanted Harrison attend year but since he got injured he didn't make it, hopefully hes ok. What kind of dangerous stunts are they doing while filming?

So the Rogue One is Ep 8?
Rogue one isn't episode 8. Rogue One is out in 2016. Episode 8 is out in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom