• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode IX teaser trailer

Tritroid

Well...
... TLJ made a big dump on Rey's past already, so...
RIght, but
even TLJ wouldn't have had KYLO of all people tell her that her parents were 'nobody' if they had the same father. That would make zero sense. This rumor is dumb.

sol_bad

Yeah, I don't buy this one. Still going with Rey not being traditionally born, and being the "Contingency" mentioned in the novels. It just seems so clear-cut to me.

Just don't get upset when you're wrong. That's the problem. Fan theories. Stop making fan theories y'all.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
even TLJ wouldn't have had KYLO of all people tell her that her parents were 'nobody' if they had the same father. That would make zero sense. This rumor is dumb.

they don't give a crap about continuity or making sense in these movies. it made zero sense to fly a kamikaze spaceship into your three main leads as well but they did that.

Last edited:

Tritroid

they don't give a crap about continuity or making sense in these movies. it made zero sense to fly a kamikaze spaceship into your three main leads as well but they did that.
Nahhhhh that's not a solid comparison (unless you were joking). If one thing is usually consistent in Star Wars, it's lineage/family descendants/etc., mostly due to the force ability implication. Which is why I have a really hard time believing this rumor is anything other than just that.

But I have zero faith in Rian Johnson that he attempted to keep any previous SW consistencies in tact, so you may be right...

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If one thing is usually consistent in Star Wars, it's lineage/family descendants/etc., mostly due to the force ability implication.

eh, all that was retconned into it. Leia wasn't his sister until ROTJ. Vader wasn't the father until ESB. people still make fun of the Luke-Leia kiss at the start of that film. when the first Star Wars released, and for several years after, Vader and Anakin were separate people, in fact they appeared as such in an early draft of ESB. Obi Wan himself has to explain away the Vader retcon in one of the lamest scenes of ROTJ. not so consistent. Leia being Luke's sister was a last minute patch to cover up Yoda's "There is another" which was originally going to be followed up in Lucas's ST. IMO family lineage was not really the main driving force behind the OT, and only barely for the PT.

Last edited:

Tritroid

eh, all that was retconned into it. Leia wasn't his sister until ROTJ. Vader wasn't the father until ESB. people still make fun of the Luke-Leia kiss at the start of that film. when the first Star Wars released, and for several years after, Vader and Anakin were separate people, in fact they appeared as such in an early draft of ESB. Obi Wan himself has to explain away the Vader retcon in one of the lamest scenes of ROTJ. not so consistent. IMO lineage was not really the main driving force behind the OT, and only barely for the PT.
Well I agree it wasn't at first, but it definitely was in the OT by the time it closed. And 'barely' in the prequels? Hell the whole trilogy was setup so we could see the back-history of the Skywalker family.

I still have faith that JJ wouldn't fuck that up so much as to have a rumor like that be true.

And honestly with a title that has 'Skywalker' in it, I highly doubt that's the route he's going.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

What if luke was never on the island at the end? He kissed and gave leia the dice, maybe he was on Crait after all and just had a lingering projection on that rock, that turned off when he was done? 🤔

Top Bottom