• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Exclusive for Wii

Rocked

It was Factor 5 who were said to have fallen out with Nintendo, not Lucasarts on the whole.

What went wrong with Factor 5 anyway? I remember there was talk of them doing the next Pilotwings and everything.

Mallrat83

Banned
ManaByte said:
Super fake.
captain.obvious.jpg

Cronox

Banned
That's the only Nintendo blog I follow, and very reliable. When he posts speculation he is very good about making it clear. And clearly he isn't speculating.

Scrow said:
GAF would be lost without him.
Yeah on Saturday I was asking myself "I wonder what's going on with Disney these days" and lo and behold I check the OT forum

It's like the guy's psychic!

lancubap

Netrunner2k2 said:
Why don't you ask your crab friends? :p

Ok. Wait a moment please.

Shorecb3.jpg

"Ehi guys, what do you think about this rumeur ?"

mittens.jpg

"Nothing concrete. This is only speculation"

crab-multi-color-spotted-f436.jpg

"Yep, I think the same. But, why don't ask you your friend ? It is a Crayfish, isn't ? He knows sure much more about this history"

Shorecb3.jpg

"Thanks guys. I will"

eLGee

Bufbaf said:
Whoever made that should briefly explain his theoretical reason for lightsabers throwing shadows on each other. Thanks.

While lightsabres don't usually throw shadows on each other, it does throw shadows. See original trilogy.

aoi tsuki

Polari said:
Keep this shit in the speculation thread, christ.
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:
Polari said:

Mojojo

replacing Darth Maul's head with the spiky haired goth girl (from Ubi 's promotional pic)and kit fisto's with her retard companion would make an awesome photoshop :D .. but i lack the skills !( (and i have only MS Paint on this pc :p)

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
lancubap said:
Ok. Wait a moment please.

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Shorecb3.jpg[/
"Ehi guys, what do you think about this rumeur ?"

http://www.delta.dfg.ca.gov/nis/photos/mittens.jpg[
"Nothing concrete. This is only speculation"

http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts/friends/aquatic/crab-multi-color-spotted-f436.jpg
"Yep, I think the same. But, why don't ask you your friend ? It is a Crayfish, isn't ? He knows sure much more about this history"

http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Shorecb3.jpg
"Thanks guys. I will"
I hope you haven't been waiting too long to do this crab bit.

_PsiFire_

A buddy of mine who is on the Indiana Jones team told me about a month, there are NO in-house LucasArts Wii titles in production (although he used the word Revolution - a month ago remember)..

Unless another developer is getting a game published - that'd be my only guess as to how it's getting made.

_PsiFire_ said:
A buddy of mine who is on the Indiana Jones team told me about a month, there are NO in-house LucasArts Wii titles in production (although he used the word Revolution - a month ago remember)..

Unless another developer is getting a game published - that'd be my only guess as to how it's getting made.

Yeah, I could see an external developer doing this game, if it exists. (Like the Factor 5 Rogue Squadron series... man, I haven't played those games in ages)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I remember when the wiimote was revealed, a good friend said `I will get one when a lightsaber game is announced. It has to happen.`

Well, there you go Rob. Get a fucking Wii.

SyNapSe

If there is no light saber game then somebody should be fired.. maybe even two people. It could be a shitty ass game and it would still make tons of money.

edit: put it online so people could have light saber battles :lol I'd love to hear the conversations

jarosh

SyNapSe said:
If there is no light saber game then somebody should be fired.. maybe even two people. It could be a shitty ass game and it would still make tons of money.

edit: put it online so people could have light saber battles :lol I'd love to hear the conversations
conversations? you mean one-word monologues. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

bengraven

All I know about Stars Wars Wii is that there has to be a "lightsaber power button" on the controller. Because I want to walk up to the game, push the A button and hear the familiar sound of a lightsaber turning on. Then I can lift it in front of my face and watch a red lightsaber doing the very same thing.

I'll die in a fit of fanboy geekgasms.

Well, I'm sure you guys remember Bioware/Pandemic's positive comments about the controller.. given their repeated association with the Star Wars franchise.. and the rumor that a well-known rpg developer is developing a unique title for the Wii... it would make sense :)

Just something to think about :D

The problem will still be force feedback imo. How is it going to be when you're hitting other lightsabers and not feeling any resistance? O_O

ManaByte said:
Super fake.

Lucasarts' new focus is on the classic trilogy. They're under new management and Jim Ward feels that the classic trilogy is what people really identify with; so most (if not all) Star Wars games from here on out will focus on the OT as opposed to the PT.
A wise man. We are all in agreement the new films suck.

Robobandit said:
Well, I'm sure you guys remember Bioware/Pandemic's positive comments about the controller.. given their repeated association with the Star Wars franchise.. and the rumor that a well-known rpg developer is developing a unique title for the Wii... it would make sense :)

Just something to think about :D

ha
[Insert nintendo64kid.jpg]

PhoenixDark said:
The problem will still be force feedback imo. How is it going to be when you're hitting other lightsabers and not feeling any resistance? O_O

Maybe they won't have saber locking.. they had saber duels in Jedi Knight for the pc and it didn't have this problem.

All they would need would be rumble when saber blades touch, then they could avoid the resistance problem

Robobandit said:
Maybe they won't have saber locking.. they had saber duels in Jedi Knight for the pc and it didn't have this problem.

All they would need would be rumble when saber blades touch, then they could avoid the resistance problem

Its an easy problem to solve if you have any imagination. You would have to punish the player for not having their sabers in teh correct place, a slip up leaving them open for attack. Things like this would need to be implimented to stop players waving there sabers around at a million miles per hour and creating helicopter blades of lightsaber death.

Even the pressing of a button that would allow the sabers to lock could be used, and with the physics bending gyros in the wand to will totaly be ablr to feel it :p

E-phonk

Banned
Chittagong said:
What's this blog, the Osoko Tanaka one?

No, like mentioned, Falafelkid of nintendo-revolution.blogspot.com. He interviewed Jim Merrick, Miyamoto, Molyneux etc... Works for a few German newspapers and a (game) tv show.

Top Bottom