• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Yerd

My game keeps crashing trying to kill these 3 legendary beasts.

I switched from my 4k tv to my ultrawide monitor and it looks like blurry garbage on the 1440p setting.

I will have to go back.

Edit: As I typed this I was restarting the game 4th time and hit continue and crash.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Merrin is such a cool character. Wish they did a spin-off with her.

However why does she sound like a Russian comrade this time around?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just got a game breaking glitch on one of the boss fights. Apparently it’s a known issue in the community. If you die right when the cutscene triggers after the boss. The boss will not die, but he will have infinite health. Even dying , rinse , and repeat he will have no actual death. I’ve shut the game down, exited, and now I’m going to just reload my cloud save.

Rayvis - there is no cutscene. He will just keep pursuing you

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Wait a minute

Eno Cordova is alive? Did they pull this out of nowhere or during Fallen Order it seems like he is dead but he isn't? Because I honestly thought he was dead.

Last edited:

SCB3

Merrin is such a cool character. Wish they did a spin-off with her.

However why does she sound like a Russian comrade this time around?
She did in the first game as well, I like her, I also want a spin off and to delve inot that lore, Dark Star Wars lore is fantastic at times, we need more horror SW stuff

I just got the Shock Dart for BD-1, and discovered how strong the Crossguard stance is, I just do not know what to pair it with as Doubleblade matches with Dual blade so well

TheMan

After I find a force tear and get tired of trying to beat it, is there a fast way to come back to it or do I have to travel to its location again?

Nydius

Gamefly got me a new release in a reasonable time. I put both console versions on my queue, got the Series X one.

I don’t know why I believed the people saying 30fps quality mode runs decent enough to be playable because once I got through Coruscant and landed on Koboh, the massive problem with input lag reared it’s ugiy head. In wide open areas, like just before entering the rambler’s settlement, I could count 1-1.5 seconds between pressing LB to block and actually having the animation appear on screen. In quality mode, I died almost solely due to input lag throwing off the timing of parries and dodges.

Putting the game in performance mode practically fixed all issues with input lag but made everything a blurry mess with a roller coaster framerate that was making me nauseated. In performance mode, I died exclusively to frame stutters and hitching that would cause me to miss jumps and fall to my death.

There‘s a solid game here that’s a proper successor to the first one but I’m putting this back in the mail tomorrow. I’ll revisit it in 3-6 months once it’s gotten several more patches. I hope like hell they iron out the problems because I want to play this… just not in this state.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So despite what they said earlier about having multiple patches coming, its been radio silence since the pc and console patch a few days ago right?

Elog

I don’t know why I believed the people saying 30fps quality mode runs decent enough to be playable because once I got through Coruscant and landed on Koboh, the massive problem with input lag reared it’s ugiy head. In wide open areas, like just before entering the rambler’s settlement, I could count 1-1.5 seconds between pressing LB to block and actually having the animation appear on screen. In quality mode, I died almost solely due to input lag throwing off the timing of parries and dodges.
Did not know that there is such a difference between the XSX and PS5? Is that right? I have almost finished the game on the PS5 in quality mode and it runs fine tbh unless you are sensitive to 30 FPS as such.

Nydius

Did not know that there is such a difference between the XSX and PS5? Is that right?
We know there’s a quantifiable performance difference between the two based on various technical analysis outlets like DF. Unfortunately I can’t compare as I’ve only been able to play the Series X version and can only speak to my experience.

For a game built around timing, the input lag in quality mode almost ruins the entire experience. I can fix that by turning on performance mode, but then it tears, stutters, and drops frames constantly. Turning off (or on) the other graphical options and fiddling with FOV doesn’t help fix it either.

I’m going to leave the PS5 version in my queue and hopefully that’ll get sent soon so I can give it a try there.

SCB3

We know there’s a quantifiable performance difference between the two based on various technical analysis outlets like DF. Unfortunately I can’t compare as I’ve only been able to play the Series X version and can only speak to my experience.

For a game built around timing, the input lag in quality mode almost ruins the entire experience. I can fix that by turning on performance mode, but then it tears, stutters, and drops frames constantly. Turning off (or on) the other graphical options and fiddling with FOV doesn’t help fix it either.

I’m going to leave the PS5 version in my queue and hopefully that’ll get sent soon so I can give it a try there.
I've played now well over 20 hours on PS5 in Performance mode and its been 90% fine, a few screen tearing and the odd frame drop but the last patch fixed a lot of this, it does suck that these issues exist and when fixed (and when I finally finish upgrading my PC) I'll replay it there as well, its a great game so far just with performance issues

Hot5pur

Is the PC version in a better state yet?
I have a 3080 and hoping for 4k 60, but without DLSS can't see it happening, how is FSR? Perhaps with raytracing off I can get there?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
EnOrHo.png

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I have a 3080 and hoping for 4k 60, but without DLSS can't see it happening, how is FSR? Perhaps with raytracing off I can get there?
FSR is not really good. Not terrible but still full of artifacts in certain scenes with certain materials.
Game is performing better, but without ray tracing. With ray tracing it's still all over the place especially in the second half of the game without spoiling.

There is a dude making a DLSS mode but it is behind a Patreon for now.

GymWolf

Forget about it.

I have a 4080 and i can't do it, especially locked 60.

Wait a couple of months.

Exentryk

You'll get around 45-50+ fps mostly, but some areas in Koboh will get down to 30 odd fps. No Ray Tracing, but everything else max (epic).

It's very playable if you have VRR on OLED tv.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I started a newgame+ on story difficulty. Any of you who played through this game on that difficulty should feel ashamed. lol you literally cant die.

yamaci17

Now go make a visit to Doma's.

I'm working on the 3 legendary beasts tear right now and it's driving me nuts. It's the one under the elevator near the tar dams.
i've
beaten the double oggdos. took me around 1 hrs. but had 11 stims and dash. + i think what i did could be considered cheese or not depending on how you look at it. i used saber throw a lot, which uses force, but i also have the upgrade that refills some force back with stim.

it still was a challenge, I believe I mastered their moves so I could most likely beat them without cheese too but for now I'm done with them :D

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I started a newgame+ on story difficulty. Any of you who played through this game on that difficulty should feel ashamed. lol you literally cant die.
The following table shows how many non-heavy hits players can take in each difficulty setting:
DifficultyDurability
Jedi Grand Master5 hits
Jedi Master8 hits
Jedi Knight10 hits
Jedi Padawan12 hits
Story Mode80 hits

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Depends on your CPU. If you have a really fast 5.5 ghz+ CPU then it might be possible with ray tracing off and FSR set to quality but if you have a regular sub 5.0 Ghz CPU then you will see drops in CPU heavy areas pretty much making 4k 60 fps impossible even at high settings with FSR on at quality. let alone Epic settings.

RT off also adds a lot of visual noise and bugs so i wont recommend it unless you are ok with seeing giant cones in reflections, hair looking orange instead and bizarre ghosting around characters.

I am playing at 4k 40 fps Epic locked with RT on at FSR quality. Can go up to 55 FPS in GPU bound areas but it drops way too much in the CPU bound areas and there are A LOT of them in this game. the game doesnt look good in native 4k tbh. it has a rather muddy look to it that FSR cleans up but FSR itself isnt really as good as DLSS so its a compromised experience so far.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

he needs to test more than one area. The PC performance patch did nothing in Koboh but increased performance by 20% in Jeddah.

That is the most linear level in the game. Shouldnt be tested for CPU performance imo.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finished the campaign. I really liked exploring and the level design satisfied all my Star Wars needs. All I needed was the Death Star and I’d be good on Star Wars for a while.

The characters were my biggest gripe.
Bode was a terrible villain. I dislike how much attention he got. I thought Dagan was going to have more to his character. His awakening from the tank and his boss battle were cooler than anything he did during the game. The final boss fight felt like fighting the rocketeer. The level design before the final area was cooler than what was actually going to happen. I thought the story dragged on. I don’t know how I could have finished this game in sub 20. It felt long for the sake of being long. I think it’s because I didn’t utilize fast travel when I revisited planets.

Overall I’d give it a 8.5/10. It’s amazing in a lot of ways, but the game breaking bugs with a so-so plot did me in. I agree that the villains felt cooler in Fallen Order.

shubik

he needs to test more than one area. The PC performance patch did nothing in Koboh but increased performance by 20% in Jeddah.

That is the most linear level in the game. Shouldnt be tested for CPU performance imo.
Yeah I was on a business’s trip the last couple of days and played yesterday with the new patch for the first time and it is clearly improved. It’s less blurry, I had no ps5 crashes, the framerate hits 60 fps way more often and the visuals overall look much crisper now. Is it perfectly locked at 60? No, but it is now in a much better state

SCB3

I just got past the boss fight with
Darth Vader
as cool as his entrance is (and predictable) I though that Cere should've had a harder time with him, he should've destroyed anyone in his path

Also, I'm slightly confused on the Lore timeline here, doesn't Jeddah get destroyed by the Death Star by this point? We're only a few years from A New Hope right?

Yeah I was on a business’s trip the last couple of days and played yesterday with the new patch for the first time and it is clearly improved. It’s less blurry, I had no ps5 crashes, the framerate hits 60 fps way more often and the visuals overall look much crisper now. Is it perfectly locked at 60? No, but it is now in a much better state

How come nobody else has mentioned it looking crisper?

thatJohann

Why can’t I see my custom holomap beacon in the game world after I close the holomap? How am I supposed to find the beacon unless I obsessively open and close the holomap every 3 seconds? Am I missing something?

DelireMan7

Story difficulty is for those who want to enjoy the story without caring about challenge or trying not to die. So that's make sense.

In Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, it's clearly stated that in Story difficulty, you can't die. It's not a new thing and neither a bad thing.

Different people, different taste...

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Story difficulty is for those who want to enjoy the story without caring about challenge or trying not to die. So that's make sense.

In Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, it's clearly stated that in Story difficulty, you can't die. It's not a new thing and neither a bad thing.

Different people, different taste...
And that’s fine but in this case the difference is so grandiose that it completely changes the game to an almost kindergarten level akin to a game where you have to count the farm animals. 😱🤣

DelireMan7

And that’s fine but in this case the difference is so grandiose that it completely changes the game to an almost kindergarten level akin to a game where you have to count the farm animals. 😱🤣
Yes the difference of experience is something that disturb me. I usually prefer when there is no difficulty setting. Like that I know I play on the difficulty the dev designed their game.

That being said, some people enjoy super easy story mode like others enjoy super hard mode (which in some games sounds as weird as playing in story mode for me)

SCB3

Yes the difference of experience is something that disturb me. I usually prefer when there is no difficulty setting. Like that I know I play on the difficulty the dev designed their game.

That being said, some people enjoy super easy story mode like others enjoy super hard mode (which in some games sounds as weird as playing in story mode for me)

Why are we gatekeeping difficulty? Who cares

Though you're example of Dev intended difficulty can be great or work against the game, for example Control is really hard are the beginning, compare that to a Souls game where you can in fact grind out levels to make it easier, you hit a wall in Control and it never lets up

DelireMan7

Why are we gatekeeping difficulty? Who cares

Though you're example of Dev intended difficulty can be great or work against the game, for example Control is really hard are the beginning, compare that to a Souls game where you can in fact grind out levels to make it easier, you hit a wall in Control and it never lets up
I am not gatekeeping. I am just personally overwhelm when there is too different options to choose from.

If there is a difficulty option, I prefer if the game let me change during my run. Recently had to restart Resident Evil 2 Remake after several hours because I choose Hardcore and it was too much for me but I couldn't change without restarting a run.

Fair point for fixed difficulty. But if dev makes a good job it should not be a problem, but of course it will prevents some people to play it (I personally don't think it's a bad thing with the huge choice of games there is nowaday).

Top Bottom