• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Aiii

So not worth it
I started the Tarkin Audiobook today and it is amazing. Great narration, enhanced by the use of sound effects, a soundtrack and even voice modifications for droids and holograms and such. A great experience all around, definitely enhances the audiobook experience to regular narration.

If you haven't "read" it yet, definitely give it a go if you can!

Rootbeer

Banned
New vintage card in 10 mins...

1:75 chance... if I end up blowing my entire 132k and not get a single one I'm gonna be fuming :(

*edit* well I got one after 4 packs... tried my luck to see if I could get another for trading, after 100,000 credits I couldn't do it. don't want to use all my credits... ugh the odds are so terrible frustrating.

ghostmind

New vintage card in 10 mins...

1:75 chance... if I end up blowing my entire 132k and not get a single one I'm gonna be fuming :(

*edit* well I got one after 4 packs... tried my luck to see if I could get another for trading, after 100,000 credits I couldn't do it. don't want to use all my credits... ugh the odds are so terrible frustrating.

4 packs? Congrats! I wish I had that luck today. I ended up with two of them, but it took a lot of work to get them.

The award card for the first Vintage set went out today as well - 661 of them, which is more than I thought there would be, with many Vintage Han cards stuck in "dead" accounts. Anyway, the award looks sweet.

1TO26pG.jpg

Lots of sets ending in recent days too: Quotes, Shreds, Mint Press. We've had one new set start (Firebrand), but should be seeing some others very soon.

ghostmind

I started the Tarkin Audiobook today and it is amazing. Great narration, enhanced by the use of sound effects, a soundtrack and even voice modifications for droids and holograms and such. A great experience all around, definitely enhances the audiobook experience to regular narration.

If you haven't "read" it yet, definitely give it a go if you can!

Listened to the sample, and it sounds great. Going to pick this up - thanks!

Rootbeer

Banned
Are the posters only found in the new Star Wars cereal?

I haven't found it on the shelf anywhere yet

*edit* oh I just found out the SW cereal officially isn't hitting till June... no wonder.

I guess you mean these? I just bought some cheerio's Thursday and didn't see this yet

Cheerios-SW-posters.jpg

JDHarbs

*edit* oh I just found out the SW cereal officially isn't hitting till June... no wonder.

I guess you mean these? I just bought some cheerio's Thursday and didn't see this yet
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. Each of the main GM cereals have them I think. There's 6 posters total, 1 for each film.

Cheerios-SW-posters.jpg

Why the hell don't I get Star Wars posters with my Cheerios in the UK?

Rootbeer

Banned
Star Wars #6 is legit.

If you like Star Wars, you better be reading this. Pretty big stuff this issue.

Haven't read the new Vader & Leia yet.

Marvel is doing a great job with this stuff.

Star Wars #6 is legit.

Good to hear. Looking forward to reading mine on Friday.

The first Force Awakens LEGO sets for those interested:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-03-at-10.38.27-AM.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Good to hear. Looking forward to reading mine on Friday.

The first Force Awakens LEGO sets for those interested:

Screen-Shot-2015-06-03-at-10.38.27-AM.png

Of course I'm interested :3 I'll be buying all of them on day 1 probably. I don't always get entire waves of LEGO sets, but I will be this time.

That falcon is roughly the size of the 2011 model. Curious how it will compare. I am rather fond of the 2011 version.

Sight unseen I'm probably most excited about Poe's X-Wing.

ghostmind

Star Wars #6 is legit.

The Vader series is my favorite of the line so far, though the main SW comic is seriously great too, and Kanan is showing promise.

JDHarbs

So this is the RotJ cereal poster. I need to confirm that I'm not going crazy and that is actually a scene from ESB in the center. I don't remember Luke having a blaster on his hip in RotJ and that looks a lot like a step from the carbon freezing chamber under his feet.

tumblr_noma5ktDoP1t0i8wxo1_1280.jpg

ghostmind

Darth Vader #6... its all coming together.

I am amazed at the amount of canon they are creating in both this series, and the core book.

Cheebo

Banned
Taret had cereal buy 1 get 1 50% off so I bought one box of trix and one box of cheerios with the poster promo.

I don't know if it matters, but I got ESB inside Trix and TPM inside Cheerios :p Pretty cool for freebies.

Still haven't found the new Star Wars cereal on shelves. It's supposed to launch this month.

Anyway check this out!

HBWQKET.jpg

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/06/the-red-scare-new-see-threepio-design-found-on-mexican-soda-can/
Since we have known for a few months (well those who follow the spoilers at least!) that Threepio has a red arm this go round looks like that piece of merchandise is using an actual shot of Threepio from TFA.

Rootbeer

Banned
Let's give 3PO a random red arm so he'll look different and hopefully boost merch sales for things that feature him!

I mean... I guess. I don't dislike it. Just doesn't feel that interesting. I hope they have a good reason for it.

Cheebo

Banned
Let's give 3PO a random red arm so he'll look different and hopefully boost merch sales for things that feature him!

I mean... I guess. I don't dislike it. Just doesn't feel that interesting. I hope they have a good reason for it.

I highly highly doubt they are going to waste screen time to explain why Threepio has a red arm now. If anything it's a call-back to when he randomly had a silver leg.

Rootbeer

Banned
I highly highly doubt they are going to waste screen time to explain why Threepio has a red arm now. If anything it's a call-back to when he randomly had a silver leg.
I don't expect that either. But it feels like the sort of thing that would come up in a future novel, comic or other companion material. Maybe it will take years for them to get around to how it happened, but considering how attention-grabbing the change is I think it will be something people ask about a lot and as such will probably be answered.

Yeah I immediately thought about the silver leg too but that stuck out far less. For years I didn't even know he had a silver leg. Thanks, VHS quality!

Top Bottom