• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, I know Star Wars has a tradition of troubled productions, but this time it sounds pretty rough. Not espacially for this movie, but more for this whole era.

Man, I know Star Wars has a tradition of troubled productions, but this time it sounds pretty rough. Not espacially for this movie, but more for this whole era.

It's definitely been a mixed bag. Han Solo's production has been a right cock-up by the sound of it but The Last Jedi's production seems to have gone very smoothly.

They don't start shooting IX until January so refining the story at this stage is a good thing really. At least Kathy and co. are reacting when they feel things need improvement.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We're now 8 months away from Han Solo releasing and we still don't know what it's called. Or have seen a single second of footage.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I just don't know how you can't care about the movie with all the amazingly talented people around it. Maybe not as a Han Solo movie, but just as a movie.

Then, I mean, the directors got fired so maybe all that amazing talent will go to waste or maybe not, I dunno. But at first, though? Goddamn, that was an impressive list of people.

Toa TAK

Banned
Eh.

I just want to get away from these OT characters already. We could do a lot more even within that time frame, as Rogue One proved.

We're now 8 months away from Han Solo releasing and we still don't know what it's called. Or have seen a single second of footage.

I have a feeling it'll be pushed back.

I just don't know how you can't care about the movie with all the amazingly talented people around it. Maybe not as a Han Solo movie, but just as a movie.

Then, I mean, the directors got fired so maybe all that amazing talent will go to waste or maybe not, I dunno. But at first, though? Goddamn, that was an impressive list of people.

I'm still pretty confident in it. Howard's a safe pair of hands, I'm still really excited about Glover as Lando and it's a Han Solo film written by Lawrence Kasdan. Seeing that Bradford Young is still on board was another boost.

Eh.

I just want to get away from these OT characters already. We could do a lot more even within that time frame, as Rogue One proved.

Kathy Kennedy hinted in that EW article a while back that if Rogue One performed well they'd be more likely to start moving the focus of the spin-off films away from the existing movies.

If all goes according to Rogue One’s plan, future standalones won’t have to lean against events from previous films. “I think that that’s exciting for fans,” Kennedy adds. “It’s certainly exciting as a filmmaker, the notion that we can explore these stories that genuinely have a beginning, middle and an end, and don’t necessarily have to tie into something specific.”

In other words, the Star Wars films could be venturing very far from home.

Toa TAK

Banned
Kathy Kennedy hinted in that EW article a while back that if Rogue One performed well they'd be more likely to start moving the focus of the spin-off films away from the existing movies.

That would be fantastic.

Star Wars is bigger than.... Han Solo, or the lameass Boba Fett. Sweet Jesus.

I find it really odd that not many of the star wars audiobooks are easily available in the UK, my daughters are ahsoka fanboys so I thought i'd pick up the audiobook for them to listen to over the school holidays but there doesn't seem to be a legal way to obtain it.

I find it really odd that not many of the star wars audiobooks are easily available in the UK, my daughters are ahsoka fanboys so I thought i'd pick up the audiobook for them to listen to over the school holidays but there doesn't seem to be a legal way to obtain it.

Oh yeah, that's weird. Seems like it's on Audible in the US... but not in the UK. I want to buy a legal copy of Clone Wars Season 6/The Lost Missions in the UK too, but there seems to be no way of doing that either. Why don't they want our money?!

Sayers

Rogue One also had a troubled production and it is the best Star Wars movie since Empire.

That said, I STILL don't care about the Han Solo movie. Or a Boba Fett movie.

Give me mother fucking Cad Bane.

I imported The Lost Missions from Amazon Germany. That's probably your best option.

Ahh. I looked at it on Amazon.co.uk but it had a big thing saying the German version was region A and I was, like, 'ah, shit' but now you've said that I've looked at an image of the back of the box and Amazon's talking rubbish cos it's region A/B/C. I'll get that ordered then, thanks.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Vader #4 breezed by. Fun though. Ready for the next arc.

Just read it too.

ygritte-thats-cold.gif

Y'all reckon Doctor Aphra could ever make the transition to the movies, or even the tv show? I've been really enjoying her comic run so far, and wouldn't mind seeing her in more things.
And to have her played by Scarlet Johanson

Has he done a scifi movie before or at least something like this?

He directed Apollo 13. That was in space.

That's all I got.

Cocoon! ...and Splash?

Interesting.

Well, he also directed Willow. You know, that other 1980s fantasy movie from Lucasfilm, conceived in the 1970s, produced by Lucas with a story from Lucas, starring Warwick Davis, and involving someone from American Graffiti.

And he was one of a few people known to have been offered the job of directing Episode I (alongside Spielberg and Zemeckis).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Recently been on an audiobook binge, and picked up the Thrawn Trilogy. I tried reading it as a kid and was bored out of my mind with it. Always heard good things about it and decided to give it another shot as an adult. On the 2nd book now and I am having a blast with it.

And the audiobook is fantastic. Marc Thompson does pretty good imitations of all the male characters.

Y'all reckon Doctor Aphra could ever make the transition to the movies, or even the tv show? I've been really enjoying her comic run so far, and wouldn't mind seeing her in more things.
And to have her played by Scarlet Johanson

Haha, I think it's pretty unlikely at this stage but you never know.

Big One

Banned
I definitely think it's a possibility she'll be cast in that upcoming TV show as one of the many characters it'll likely to have. When Vader first meets Aphra, she's already an esteemed and notorious archaeologist. I could even see her in whatever cartoon Dave Filoni has coming up.

Meowster

Rewatching Rogue One with bae and I still really like it.

I still just.. don't really get where they were going with Saw Gerrera.. or why Forest Whitaker made him so bizarre.

sphagnum

Banned

I still just.. don't really get where they were going with Saw Gerrera.. or why Forest Whitaker made him so bizarre.

He's paranoid and nuts from years on the run. He's also sort of the Rebel version of Vader, literally even having to wear a mechanical suit.

It make a a lot more sense when you read the tie in books that have Saw doing crazy terrorist stuff.

Ezalc

Dude's been a rebel all his life, he's lost a lot of shit either to the separatists or the empire. He never stopped fighting and that kind of a thing takes a toll on people.

Saw is a character that is really tragic to see from his introduction in the Clone Wars series to his eventual end in Rogue One. Makes you wonder how he got there and that's when you pick up the books and things that flesh all of that out.

I didn't know ABC News did a Star Wars comic show - Kieron Gillen revealed a bit more about his first arc on Star Wars.

”Luke took a million to one shot [blowing up the Death Star], but he didn't realize in a very real way how many people died to let him take that shot. And that's a really inspiring thing," Gillen said. ”That's going to drive him harder than ever."

The first story arc, Gillen says, will have Luke, Leia and Han landing on Jedha.

”We basically get a 'Rogue One-Star Wars' intersection," Gillen said, ”because I really just want to see Luke respond to discovering people like Jyn, discovering the people who led to him being able to take a shot at the Death Star."

”Luke is desperately seeking the Force and of course it's one of the holiest cities in the universe, and it's been blown up," he added. ”The key image is Luke standing in the hole where the Death Star blew it."

Visiting Jedha will also be a powerful moment for Leia, Gillen said, after being recently forced to watch the Death Star obliterate her home planet, Alderaan.

Gillen's "Rogue One" inspired, post-apocalyptic storyline will be the latest movie-comics-TV crossover in the "Star Wars" universe.

”For me, that was one of the things I completely got when I watched 'Rogue One.' It's like, ‘I wonder what Luke and Leia make of this,'" he said.

RyanW

I have a friend who's in Ireland for vacation before school starts back up and texted me he just left Skellig Michael(Ahch-To). I'm a bit jealous right now lol

So im watching a video about some of the leaked merchandise and the guy mentioned how many people are not happy with Rose and how she is "a new Jar Jar"

WTF is that about?

Rootbeer

Banned
Rose... the new Jar Jar? Where is this notion even coming from? lol.

Now porgs on the other hand... those are blatantly trying to capture the attention of kids, you can already see it from the book and merch leaks so far.

You might have to buy the kids in your life stuffed porgs for Christmas. Just accept your fate now.

Top Bottom