• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

I already posted when the TLJ art book pre-order went live. Now it's discounted to $30. Why haven't you pre-ordered it yet? ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1419727052/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's not even up for pre-order on Amazon UK yet.

Kylo-Ren-destroying-a-terminal.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EodJ8sX84i0 6:15
Thats basically what im asking. what fans/people are saying this?

Normally I don't jump to calling racism but that was my first thought.
How the hell would someone's mind even get to Jar Jar from what we know or have seen of her.

To be fair that dud sounds like a fucking idiot. He says things like "fans are not very skeptical of her, and that she may be the next jar jar." He then goes on to praise the toy stores for leaking these toys early and "making allot of us Star Wars fans very happy," and then follows that up by saying "i'm going to sell these on eBay." I guess thats what being a Star Wars "fan" is to most of Star Wars culture now.

So if i had to guess, an Asian girl being the next Jar Jar is just his own words and mindset.

yeah I think so too.

Hell, one of the YT comments is this:

haha, yeah its not uncommon for some people to say shallow derogatory statements and then falsely cite their sources as "some people" or "they say" just to cover up their own views. Its actually a major problem in the world we live in lol.

On the topic of Porgs, i am willing to bet that they have very little appearances in the movie (unlike Ewoks). They probably show up for one scene and one by one they walk up to Chewy making cute faces at him. Then Chewy does his classic yell at them and then they run away scared. Then the audience laughs.

I bet you dollars to donuts thats what happens.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
On the topic of Porgs, i am willing to bet that they have very little appearances in the movie (unlike Ewoks). They probably show up for one scene and one by one they walk up to Chewy making cute faces at him. Then Chewy does his classic yell at them and then they run away scared. Then the audience laughs.

I bet you dollars to donuts thats what happens.

They'll probably have speaking roles. Start coming to terms with it now.

I have like a 70 issue comic backlog but I'm slowly getting back to it. Darth Vader has been awesome. Love how brutal they have made him. Also finished Darth Maul and that was an enjoyable mini.

Now to start the second issue of Screaming Citadel and get through Aphra and SW main title.

Then the rest of my comics, then:

GoW
Rebel Rising
Inferno Squad.

Seigyoku

Well they've made it pretty clear that porgs are totally the brainchild of Rian himself, so all blame goes to him. (I want that Chewie and the Porgs book NOW.)

BTW, toy buying in NYC sucks. I had to go out to Long Island to finish up my Forces of Destiny wave 1 figures/dolls. Pfft. Now that TRU got rid of its Times Square location and the Disney Store is really spotty about carrying anything that isn't Disney Store branded, man I am so glad I wasn't planning on hunting TLJ figures come Force Friday. (As is I may be in Anaheim that day. Which is bad as I have least seven Star Wars books to get that day.)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I have like a 70 issue comic backlog but I'm slowly getting back to it. Darth Vader has been awesome. Love how brutal they have made him. Also finished Darth Maul and that was an enjoyable mini.

Now to start the second issue of Screaming Citadel and get through Aphra and SW main title.

Then the rest of my comics, then:

GoW
Rebel Rising
Inferno Squad.
Screaming Citadel was pretty disappointing but I'm loving Darth Vader and Aphra, and yeah, Maul was also great.

Game announcement forthcoming?

Hell yeah. Lego TFA was great. Still bummed there's no Lego game representation of Rogue One, wonder if the same will happen with Han Solo. Maybe they can make Lego Star Wars Stories when the third anthology film drops.

I wish The Complete Saga would be remade from the ground up.

(of course, this could just be an ad for the new Lego building sets, but I'm excited for those too, and there's no way in hell TLJ doesn't get Lego game representation anyway)

Hell yeah. Lego TFA was great. Still bummed there's no Lego game representation of Rogue One, wonder if the same will happen with Han Solo. Maybe they can make Lego Star Wars Stories when the third anthology film drops.

I wish The Complete Saga would be remade from the ground up.

(of course, this could just be an ad for the new Lego building sets, but I'm excited for those too, and there's no way in hell TLJ doesn't get Lego game representation anyway)
Or they could do a Lego Dimensions playset for the much smaller films. Now that Disney Infinity is no longer a competitor. Though a stand alone Lego game featuring both R1 and Solo would be more likely.
They'll probably have speaking roles. Start coming to terms with it now.

Yeah, your probably right...

Or they could do a Lego Dimensions playset for the much smaller films. Now that Disney Infinity is no longer a competitor. Though a stand alone Lego game featuring both R1 and Solo would be more likely.

They could, and I was hoping for exactly that, but considering we still have no news of a year 3, when year 2 was unveiled by E3 of last year and began dropping in September, I'm pretty sure Lego Dimensions is dead. :\ The next set of fun and team packs releasing next month are probably the end of it.

They could, and I was hoping for exactly that, but considering we still have no news of a year 3, when year 2 was unveiled by E3 of last year and began dropping in September, I'm pretty sure Lego Dimensions is dead. :\ The next set of fun and team packs releasing next month are probably the end of it.

Yeah, it would also be over priced for shorter content. Didnt the Force Awakens Lego game have episode 1-3 content? So they could do that again for Rogue One in the Last Jedi Lego game. Or heaven for bid a pre order bonus / console exclusive DLC. They did that for C3PO's stupid red arm lol.

Yeah, it would also be over priced for shorter content. Didnt the Force Awakens Lego game have episode 1-3 content? So they could do that again for Rogue One in the Last Jedi Lego game. Or heaven for bid a pre order bonus / console exclusive DLC.

No 1-3 content (beyond unlockable and DLC characters), but it had a six bonus levels that provided backstories for random characters, as well as a prologue adapted from the end of RotJ.

That does sound like an interesting possibility though. The multi-movie Lego games and the Lego Dimensions Story packs all devote 5-6 levels per film, so doing 6 Rogue One levels instead of side-stories would actually work well. Or they could just making it the season pass story content. Lego The Hobbit was supposed to get the entire 3rd film as a DLC expansion, so they've considered it before.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Since I shared the whacky RotS Vader reveal candid reaction a few months back, might as well pop this one in here to due to how amusing it is.

Woman is late to watching TFA, but somehow loses so much more of her shit at the thought of Chewie dying during Han Solo's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSFA7FQ7bYE

curb

Banned
I loved the article about the Porgs and that pic with Chewie - so great.

I'm loving all the little tidbits we're getting from these articles.

Hagi

Oh man everything about The Last Jedi is getting me unreasonably hyped. I know I'm going to pop off when Luke turn on his lightsaber.

Big One

Banned
Doctor Aphra continues to be the best running comic right now. Though I still can't get over how everyone seems to have forgotten about C3P0, lol.

I'm enjoying Aphra in the sense that it seems content with just toying around with the setting to produce cool, weird stories that are also fairly disconnected from the films or shows.

This I say as Vader strides in through the blown station doors XD

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
That Yoda arc was maybe the most unStar War-ish thing in the comics so far. It sorta feels like the story group is happy with letting the comics go a bit crazy and stray from the tone of Star Wars but I honestly don't think that's a good thing. The arc where
Luke gets captured
and the
prison break
were by far the best arcs so far and they both felt very Star Wars-ish.

More of that and less of giant talking mountains.

Top Bottom