• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

kevin1025

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
Ron Howard works mega fast. It’s likely an assembly cut is being put together during the shoot and will be ready for him for post. I think it’ll still hit the May date! It’s just everyone is going to be working double time.

Plus from his photos, there’s a decent amount of practical sets. It might not need a monster amount of visual effects.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Mar 14, 2010
But who cares

TFA released in Dec, made 2B. R1 released in Dec, made 1B.

People seem very content with going to see SW in winter.

Though I suppose you could make the argument that they're preemptively avoiding shit weather in summer.
Personally I love having Star Wars film in December, and they've essentially owned December for the last 2 years. I also love having all the merchandise coming out around Christmas.

Teggy

Jul 2, 2007
Er...so if you have a Showcase theater they started selling tickets through their app. Crossing my fingers they don’t get cancelled.

KDash31987

Mar 5, 2012
Fandango has the ticket sales up, but I'm getting several minutes of waiting in line time before I can do anything. Heh.

Surfinn

Nov 12, 2015
Tickets locked. 8PM but thank god no one will be walking out of the theater, as the earliest showing is 6 and it's a 2 hour and a half film.

Quick

Banned
Apr 23, 2011
Either it's sold out already or my local theatre is holding off on releasing IMAX tickets for Thursday.

COME ON!

ghostmind

Jul 11, 2005
Tickets acquired for the Thursday 6:00pm fan event showing.

So much easier than it was for The Force Awakens.

Snaku

Banned
Sep 15, 2005
Got tickets for the fan event at 6 on Thursday. Just got tickets for 7:25am and 11:45am on Friday. Might use my MoviePass to see it a third time on Friday, depending on how much I like it. I saw TFA four times in the first 24 hours, don't know if I have that in me again.

Cross-Section

Aug 12, 2012
Grabbed 7:00pm Thursday tickets for the theater down the street from me, then 7:15pm XD Friday tickets for the theater across town with the nicer restaurants for a family showing. Dead center seats.

Feels good man

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jun 21, 2010
I got 8

Good news is

People are still gunna be in the show so nobody is getting spoiled by folks walking out
I remember the staff waiting outside telling everyone not to talk about the spoilers when TFA came out. First time I had ever seen that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jun 21, 2010
I knew the trailer was going to be good but that was way better than I expected. Seems like we're going to be visiting a shit ton of awesome locations, also, Phasma is finally gonna get some good scenes.

Teggy

Jul 2, 2007
It was good. I kind of don’t want to watch it again. Many questions and I don’t want think about them.

2 months, ugh.

Werd

Mar 6, 2015
AMC really killing me here with these seating options for 2 months in advance tickets.

No reserved seating on the $25 fan event, regular 2D or Real D 3D. Only for the Dine-In showings (small theater, poor sound, brighter lighting so people can eat), or fake I-Max... but I-Max is either the $30 double feature that starts at 3 PM or the late night one afterwards.
The non-reserved seats were available up until a couple days before TFA and there is no service/cancellation fee with Stubbs Premiere so I went with the double feature for now assuming I can make it. Middle seats, first row of the middle section (need that leg room!) at least.