• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the YouTuber Filthy Frank is going to have a role in the film, no joke:

10404460_740741719337030_8872800815846225945_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/filthyfrank

His community can be somewhat NSFW at times so be careful depending on where you are.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
#teamidontgiveashitwhattheweaponsthesespacewizardsuselooklikeaslongasthestoryisdecentandthefightsdontlooklikeballetrecitals

Apparently the YouTuber Filthy Frank is going to have a role in the film, no joke:

10404460_740741719337030_8872800815846225945_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/filthyfrank

His community can be somewhat NSFW at times so be careful depending on where you are.

I want to say I'm 75% sure he's joking.

One, I wouldn't put it past him to screw with people.

Two, there was a big YouTube/Online Content creator convention recently (Playlist Live). There are photos of him floating around with Jenna Marbles and others. People also dressed up at the convention which could be/are the Stormtroopers you're seeing in the reflection of the mirror.

Additionally, George Takei is in the middle of a college speaking tour that just recently past through the north east coast. "Filthy Frank" is currently a student at a college/university in NYC.

Then again I could be wrong, and he is in the new film. But knowing the stuff he puts out and his general attitude on Twitter I'd take anything he says with a quart of salt.

Ah, the way the trailer's cut makes it look like she couldn't have possibly put them on. Now lets talk about how dangerous lightsabers are in general, and how much more dangerous a lightsaber is with that type of crossguard.

I don't think its a windshield, probably a dust shield for the controls.

Either way its another instance of people being hyper critical of a fantasy movie of all things. I mean I get why people are picking this trailer apart, there's not much more to discuss since there was so little shown, but the whole point of a fantasy movie is to be wowed by awesome, impossible things. Not breaking everything down and calling out anything that doesn't seem to make sense. People complaining about the ball droid having no (known) way to roll like that is the best example so far.

I don't think its a windshield, probably a dust shield for the controls.

As an ex motorcycle rider, I think the windshield is ok. She could tuck underneath it. Also it can just redirect the air a little higher so as not to hit her right in the chest (as posted before). Look at racing bikes, they also have tiny windscreens.

I have more of an issue with the thing being a flying brick.

As an ex motorcycle rider, I think the windshield is ok. She could tuck underneath it. Also it can just redirect the air a little higher so as not to hit her right in the chest (as posted before). Look at racing bikes, they also have tiny windscreens.

The Triumph of Thrust over Aerodynamics in action, my man. Doesn't matter if it's a flying brick as long as the engine's big enough.

Pagusas

Elden Member

In a universe where antigravity device exist, you could basically make anything fly with a small amount of energy.

Cheebo

Banned
I wonder how they figure that out in between the youtube versions, iTunes, etc. I know that I downloaded it and watched offline more times than I can count.
Well they can't count those I would assume. but they can get numbers on those who stream it on the iTunes trailer page.

Jaeger

My thought is the lightsaber is old. A relic of a time long past. Which explains it's roughness compared to the newer/modern ones.

Maybe this new Dark Side user came across a Sith burial ground in that snowy area, somehow?

My thought is the lightsaber is old. A relic of a time long past. Which explains it's roughness compared to the newer/modern ones.

Maybe this new Dark Side user came across a Sith burial ground in that snowy area, somehow?

Or a sith lord in suspended animation for a few millenia. hence "Awakens" in the title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom