• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes that is actually from a real star wars comic. Gotta love the EU...

Stupid, sexy bothans!

hWenj.jpg

injurai

Banned
Reusing concept art doesn't mean much. And the shot in the trailer only has one sun.

Bothan_Female.JPG

And yes that is actually from a real star wars comic. Gotta love the EU...

lol, that convergent evolution

I'd still love to see them depicted, I don't think we have seen one outside of EU.

The best part of that is someone on SNL clearly has been reading spoilers. There are multiple elements of that ripped straight from spoilers ironically

Han in the duster matches the leaked concept art as does bearded Luke in seclusion in a cave

How about the fact that Boyega is looking for Luke? Has that ever been released publicly by Disney/JJ?

Cheebo

Banned
How about the fact that Boyega is looking for Luke? Has that ever been released publicly by Disney/JJ?

Yep, that is a spoiler as well. As well as
They find Han on the desert planet and he takes them off to go find Luke

It's pretty funny actually. Someone over at SNL has been reading a lot of the reports from Making Star Wars. The spoilers in that spoof are taken directly from them.

Rootbeer

Banned
I think what he was trying to say was that he wants to remain as information free as he can until the film is out and then go in as fresh as possible. I can respect that since he's not really a part of 'the fandom'

Also since Disney acquired drafts for the sequel trilogy from George as part of their acquisition, he probably doesn't want to try dissecting what they may have changed from his work at this point based on a few seconds of trailer footage. I can see how that might be something a writer would like to avoid.

I'm gonna bet that when George does see the film and is asked about it he'll say something to the effect of "it was quite good... but it's not what I would have done."

Love George because he GAVE us this wonderful universe. But it's very bittersweet to know that some of the franchise's most controversial and lowest moments came directly from its creator.

Episode VII needs to be the big turnaround if this franchise is going to maintain its elevated status over the next few decades. I think the trailer was a good indication that it will be.

I think what he was trying to say was that he wants to remain as information free as he can until the film is out and then go in as fresh as possible. I can respect that since he's not really a part of 'the fandom'

Also since Disney acquired drafts for the sequel trilogy from George as part of their acquisition, he probably doesn't want to try dissecting what they may have changed from his work at this point based on a few seconds of trailer footage. I can see how that might be something a writer would like to avoid.

I'm gonna bet that when George does see the film and is asked about it he'll say something to the effect of "it was quite good... but it's not what I would have done."

Love George because he GAVE us this wonderful universe. But it's very bittersweet to know that some of the franchise's most controversial and lowest moments came directly from its creator.

Episode VII needs to be the big turnaround if this franchise is going to maintain its elevated status over the next few decades. I think the trailer was a good indication that it will be.

I'm fan of most of the stuff he was involved with concerning Star Wars but I am glad that he sold the Star Wars brand to Disney. I am just happy we are getting new Star Wars movies. I also like that there are possibilities of having movie spinoffs and having them be set in different era's in that universe. The only thing that disappoints me is that he wasn't able to finish the Clone Wars. I would liked to see the rest of those episodes and have all those questions answer. As for him not wanting to watch the trailer, he wants to go in without any knowledge of the movie. I find it funny how people are just being nasty about it. I really don't blame him for selling the franchise.

-griffy-

Banned
Hey remember how people said the ball droid (now known as BB-8) was terrible or obvious CGI?
5232e02e0c1bcc25418006849c820db64bddaf8b.gif

Mark Hamill, in an interview:
They never cease to amaze me with what they’re able to come up with, you know? I said, “How are you ever gonna top R2-D2, the most adorable droid in movie history?” And then they have this new one. I can’t even tell you his name, but you saw it in the trailer. And when they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set — because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop — I was just amazed. They let me play around with it. [Laughs] I was running it all around at the creature shop up in Pinewood. I’m telling you, it’s an absolute delight. And not having thought that I’d ever go back there, to go back into that world, is just – I get the chills. It’s just so much fun.

Coreda

Hey remember how people said the ball droid (now known as BB-8) was terrible or obvious CGI?

And when they were demonstrating how they did this thing, live on set — because it’s not CGI, that’s a live prop — I was just amazed. They let me play around with it.

Well, well. Glad it's practical, honestly couldn't tell either way from the trailer.

Its not about if its doable or not. It looks CG as hell. Thats why. Toy Story is doable with puppets as well. But its obviously CG, Same with this droid.

Woorloog

Banned
How the heck does it work? Is the head on a rail? Or is it magnetically attached to the ball, or a ring inside a plastic shell?
Seriously. I believe it is real if Hamill so claims but man... i can't imagine how it works.

Thats pretty crazy and kind of hillarious considering how many people were complaining about it being dumb obvious CG, and not possible.

CONRAD

Neo Member
I'll be there day one. Black storm trooper alone guarantees it'll be more interesting than the previous three. Good casting choice.

I'll be there day one. Black storm trooper alone guarantees it'll be more interesting than the previous three. Good casting choice.

So because the skin tone of one Stormtrooper is a tiny bit darker than the skin tone of the clones (the only other Stormtroopers we've seen take off their costumes), the movie is instantly super interesting?

Cheebo

Banned
So because the skin tone of one Stormtrooper is a tiny bit darker than the skin tone of the clones (the only other Stormtroopers we've seen take off their costumes), the movie is instantly super interesting?
Well this black stormtrooper is also the male lead of the film

Rootbeer

Banned
wow, that little ball droid who people have been complaining about it being CGI for weeks and now suddenly we're told it is a practical effect. Priceless! :d

I can't wait to see the behind the scenes on a lot of stuff like it, i'm really impressed that it's a real thing. Wonder what else they have up their sleeves

I'm always vaguely amused by the practical vs. CGI silliness. Like.. if it works, it works. Why does it matter if it's a prop or a pixel? Good effects are timeless, regardless of source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom