• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic F2Play launching Nov. 15th

Tacitus_

btw. apparently are people trading stuff like quickbars over the games auction house. So if you have a character sitting around with a lot of credits you could buy your quickbars/hide headslots etc. that way.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=559023

cheapstuffddr2w.jpg

Those are kinda cheap. I had a couple of million credits when I quit back in spring.

Those are kinda cheap. I had a couple of million credits when I quit back in spring.

Yes and no, the only people who would need most of the unlocks are f2p and preferred players who are limited to a maximum of 200k and 350k in a single transaction. I imagine some people had dreams of millions of credits flowing in and didn't research it properly.

New player here, started last Sunday and having a blast with friends.

I'm considering buying at least a tiny bit of stuff to get preferred status, but I have a question.

I saw the boxed version of the game being sold for pretty cheap and I was wondering if I could buy several of them and use the 30 day keys in them consecutively? Or can you only use one game box key per account?

Is it even possible to add the game box key to an already existing f2p-account? Is there any difference between a "boxed cd key" and a key printed on a prepaid game card?

Yes and no, the only people who would need most of the unlocks are f2p and preferred players who are limited to a maximum of 200k and 350k in a single transaction. I imagine some people had dreams of millions of credits flowing in and didn't research it properly.

Current subscribers with lots of credits might still buy these unlocks if they plan to unsubscribe soon but still want to play with those features.

Cystm

No, but it is an obnoxious, bloated mess to play and organize when you have your game design dictating 30-40 required but still hyper marginalized keybinds. There's no reason they can't roll this shit into a more effective and interesting package that could actually result in more real depth and usability and less clutter. When you have people buying mice with several rows of buttons on the side just to bind niche, but necessary, pap in a single sub-genre, you have a fundamental design issue.

I think, throughout the years, I spent almost as much time time on my WoW UI, macros and keybinds as I did WoW. SWtoR, in my experience, is even worse on the base level of ability interaction and clutter.

It's really not that hard to figure out. People buying mice with several rows of buttons utilize those same buttons even in games like GW2 with their simplified faceroll abilities.

I disagree with UI "Clutter"

There's also a whole bunch of other shit like the BH delayed big proc that's only useful solo/pulling. Or the BH DoT that's only useful pulling/kiting. Or shit, I haven't played this iffy game in months and it's 2am, I don't really feel like going and pulling up the laundry list of why I thought I needed to have 4 bars back when they were open to everyone playing free of charge--compared to the 2 short bars of FF, the 2 bars I kept in Aion, or the 1+macros I kept in WoW.

It's not your cup of tea. Too bad. Totally fine for me. Not hard at all to grasp the abilities and their purposes. If you play beyond level 30 and get to the point where you feel you need more bars, buy them for 2 bucks or with credits off the GTN. Really not that big of a deal if you've committed the time to your character.

New player here, started last Sunday and having a blast with friends.

I'm considering buying at least a tiny bit of stuff to get preferred status, but I have a question.

I saw the boxed version of the game being sold for pretty cheap and I was wondering if I could buy several of them and use the 30 day keys in them consecutively? Or can you only use one game box key per account?

Is it even possible to add the game box key to an already existing f2p-account? Is there any difference between a "boxed cd key" and a key printed on a prepaid game card?

Current subscribers with lots of credits might still buy these unlocks if they plan to unsubscribe soon but still want to play with those features.

You can only use one key fob per account. You can use game time cards after the 30 day period from the key fob is up.

DiscoJer

Grrrr. I thought you could have 2 characters per server, but it turns out simply 2 characters total.

I hope they sell character slots, otherwise it doesn't make sense to unlock stuff for all characters for 3x the price when you can only have 2 characters

Cystm

Grrrr. I thought you could have 2 characters per server, but it turns out simply 2 characters total.

I hope they sell character slots, otherwise it doesn't make sense to unlock stuff for all characters for 3x the price when you can only have 2 characters

It's in the works along with a bunch of other stuff people have been requesting.

Oh right, I moved a month after the game came out and was locked out since for some reason I picked "what is my favorite artist" as my security question (which is something I would never pick). Oh well, still locked out and what little interest I had is lost.

Apparently preffered, me, and f2pers can't turn off dark side corruption and there's no way to purchase it on the market. They do seem to have improved the overall performance of the client since June though the memory leak is still there crashing me after a couple of hours without fail.

The population of my server hasn't improved though. At one point yesterday on Gav Daragon there were 2 people on Tatooine. Strangely enough we passed each other out on the Dune sea, two ships passing in the night (Middle of the day), never to acknowledge each other nor see each other again.

If they allowed me to transfer my characters off the dead Australian servers, I'd probably resub, but until they realise two dozen people on the fleet at peak is not fun I'm not spending a cent.

Cystm

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562422

Preferred players now get 4 quick bars. Hope you guys didn't waste your coins on them.

Hi everyone!

As you know, we take player feedback very seriously and we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for being a part of our Free-to-Play transition.

When Game Update 1.5 was on PTS, we heard your feedback and increased Quickbars for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the Cartel Coin temporary bind.

We want to let you know that we are constantly listening to you folks, and we’ve heard your feedback regarding limited Quickbars for Preferred Status Players.

This is why, after an upcoming patch that is scheduled for next week, Preferred Status Players will be given two additional Quickbars (for a total of four) that will immediately improve their gameplay experience.

We’ll have more details for you – including information for Preferred Status Players that have already purchased extra Quickbars - once the change goes live.

Thanks again for your feedback and please continue to provide it for us!

Should never have been done like that, but they are listening to the feedback. Good news for some of you.

Top Bottom