• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Blackface said:
???

I am excited for Diablo 3. My point was them doing nothing unique in the genre, doesn't mean the game isn't going to be good. It will be/is great. Diablo 3 follows a traditional dungeon crawler formula, made even more simple by things they learned while creating World of Warcraft. While incorporating a RMA to combat the websites that used to sell forum currency for real money, which you then traded for Diablo 2 items. I simply found it hypocritical tha people bash SWTOR for following a traditional formula, but don't bash Diablo 3 for doing the same thing. If you are going to bash one, you should bash the other. But there is bias in their arguments, which skews their opinions. The formula of the game is irrelevant, so long as it's executed properly, and changed slightly. Both Diablo 3 and SWTOR accomplish this.

Also to Morn. Diablo 3 already didn't have an NDA, because it's not an MMO. MMO's need NDA's because they change drastically over time. I already explained why Diablo 3 didn't have one. You could head over to solomid.net and perhaps SK Ocelote or HotshotGG will say it again. Blizzard lifted the NDA so they could distribute keys to streamers so those streamers could advertise to different gaming markets. This was said BY the people who got the keys FROM Blizzard. You continue to argue WoW didn't have one, and it did, multiple times, during multiple phases. You also argued it didn't have an open beta, which, obviously, it did. Regardless of what your feelings of the NDA are. ALL information about SWTOR is already on the internet and they had beta weekends for much of the public already. So I don't know when you are being such a whiny child about it.
You are correct when I was a Beta Tester for WoW I wasnt allowed to say shit to anyone. Once itmoved closer to launch they basically open beta'd the game and the news flooded everywhere.

In the early 2000s everything under the sun had a NDA because Beta tests used to be more than just a demo hype period unlike many cases now

Grats Eggyweggs!

It's weird, this is the first MMO in the last 12 years I've been interested in and did not get a beta invite for. I'm "in between computers" atm, so I couldn't do much with one anyway.

Must be karma for being a "hylocrite."

Philooch said:
because you and 100's of others got into the beta. :/

which brings up another point i never get into any betas. i buy games i sign up i use the same eamil. i seem to think having a good pc is a good way of not getting into the beta i think they want crappy pc's :(

If they wanted crappy PCs I would have been in by now.

Emitan

Luigi87 said:
Billy exclusive beta?! ... Oh shi- it's KotOR 3!
They decided that the game would be profitable even if only one person is playing. It's been changed into a massively multiplayer online single player game.

Sigfodr

What the hell was with the "Security Questions". I felt like I was filling out a Facebook profile for the first time.

Also, allied my little guild with GAF!

StUnNeR H2K

Sigfodr said:
What the hell was with the "Security Questions". I felt like I was filling out a Facebook profile for the first time.

Also, allied my little guild with GAF!

I assume the questions are going to play a big part in your account security should you get hacked or forget your information.

Jbird34

Ferny said:
Czar lets align these guilds stat!

8n1iv.jpg

Sigfodr

StUnNeR H2K said:
I assume the questions are going to play a big part in your account security should you get hacked or forget your information.
Sure, but those questions sucked. I can only remember one cousins name (out of 25). And I hate questions about favorites. I just answered them all "Bob Evans".

Einbroch

Banned
Sigfodr said:
Sure, but those questions sucked. I can only remember one cousins name (out of 25). And I hate questions about favorites. I just answered them all "Bob Evans".
I see. I see. So what did you say your account name was?

Question: When The Old Republic became available for pre-order, I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Amazon to make sure I get the bonus DLC content. I work for Best Buy, however, and normally would pre-order it from there to get some money off with my employee discount (don't get much off on games, but since I'm getting the collector's edition I would probably get like $10-20 off or something).

The reason I didn't was because I wasn't sure if Best Buy was offering the bonus beta code/color crystal thing for pre-ordering and I was too impatient to wait. Of course the next day I find out that they do, but my Amazon order is already "registered" to my Bioware account.

Does anyone know if I cancel my Amazon pre-order and pre-order it a second time at Best Buy, if it will mess up my pre-order bonus to my Bioware account? Or will it just be a seamless switch?

MisterAnderson said:
Question: When The Old Republic became available for pre-order, I went ahead and pre-ordered it from Amazon to make sure I get the bonus DLC content. I work for Best Buy, however, and normally would pre-order it from there to get some money off with my employee discount (don't get much off on games, but since I'm getting the collector's edition I would probably get like $10-20 off or something).

The reason I didn't was because I wasn't sure if Best Buy was offering the bonus beta code/color crystal thing for pre-ordering and I was too impatient to wait. Of course the next day I find out that they do, but my Amazon order is already "registered" to my Bioware account.

Does anyone know if I cancel my Amazon pre-order and pre-order it a second time at Best Buy, if it will mess up my pre-order bonus to my Bioware account? Or will it just be a seamless switch?

The pre-order code you registered to your BioWare account is only for early access. If you cancel your pre-order with Amazon and pre-order with Best Buy, you will still be able to register the collector's edition when you start up your account.

I did this same thing: ordered on Origin, registered pre-order code with BioWare account, cancelled my Origin pre-order, and ordered on Amazon because I have Amazon Prime for free shipping.

Giolon

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
Never ceases to amaze me how they can tease us around without even a set release date. Take our money and everything.

I don't know where you pre-ordered, but most shops (in the US) won't take your money at pre-order time other than occasionally a fully refundable deposit of $5-$10. They don't charge you until it actually ships ...

Emitan

Playing as both a Gunslinger and a Scoundrel so I know which I'm going to play full time in the real version. I'm so indecisive about this kind of thing so I'm so happy I get to try them both out ahead of time. The only problem is that this means I'm going to play through Ord Mantell 4 times! Because I also want to play a Trooper eventually.

Meicyn

Gold Member
If you're going to play Republic full time, why not play the Sith counterpart instead and roll an Imperial Agent? It's identical to Smuggler and allows you to keep the Smuggler class storyline unspoiled for when retail hits.

Emitan

Parn said:
If you're going to play Republic full time, why not play the Sith counterpart instead and roll an Imperial Agent? It's identical to Smuggler and allows you to keep the Smuggler class storyline unspoiled for when retail hits.
Because the Sith are scum. And I want to see how the Smuggler plays. Even if the Agent plays the same, it seems different in my mind.

Moaradin

Agent is awesome. I was int he mindset that I was going to play Smuggler and will never play Empire but after playing both, I like Agent way better. Of course a lot of things for the smuggler was bugged at the time so that was also a factor.

Emitan

Moaradin said:
Agent is awesome. I was int he mindset that I was going to play Smuggler and will never play Empire but after playing both, I like Agent way better. Of course a lot of things for the smuggler was bugged at the time so that was also a factor.
Alright, alright. I'll give the agent a try. But I'm going full dark side on him to make sure my conception about the empire being nothing but assholes is true!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Loginius said:
So I did a little SWTOR fanart (Jedi Shadow):

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5422/starwarsjedicounselorlo.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://loginius.deviantart.com/art/Star-Wars-TOR-Jedi-Shadow-259530327?q=gallery%3Aloginius&qo=0"]
bigger version on dA[/URL]

Can I have a beta invite now? XP[/QUOTE]
Screw a beta invite, send that to Bioware so they can give you a job on their art team.

Ferny

So I never told you Czar but there is a fee for aligning with the Empire. Send your ugliest wookie to the darkest sector of the galaxy and bring no one else! Thank you kindly.

Pat

My french guild is going down, so I might join one of yours. I don't care about which side... But I want to play on a PVP server. Boooo. :(

CzarTim

Ferny said:
So I never told you Czar but there is a fee for aligning with the Empire. Send your ugliest wookie to the darkest sector of the galaxy and bring no one else! Thank you kindly.
We'll give you Billy and a crate of Alderaanian beer.

syko de4d

Jbird34 said:
Developer Dispatch - Companion Characters

just posted by gamespot

really awesome :O

" You can give your tough-as-nails Mandalorian warrior companion some badass Mandalorian armor. Or you can put her in clothes reminiscent of Princess Leia's famous gold bikini. Players can also change the skin color, hair, and facial features of their companion characters."

" Companions have a class and can also level up and gain a full suite of combat abilities. They have their own ability bar, just like the players do. Players can also modify the artificial intelligence of their companions' behavior on the fly."

"Some of the abilities will be completely unique to companion characters. For example, the Wookiee companion character has an ability that lets him toss enemies around like rag dolls--just like Chewbacca did in the movies."

Jbird34

Hopefully it will ease the "everyone's companions look the same" problem, and can't wait to see what hidden secrets I can dig out of them. Even though I am rolling a Jedi Guardian to start I am excited about a BH alt for Blizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom