• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Visions

Fbh

Episode 1 was ok. But the nice aesthetic doesn't fully cover the fact that it's still shitty low frame rate CG animation.

Episode 2 was Ok too. Pretty fun idea but the execution was lacking.

I'll watch a couple more tomorrow as I don't want to rush through the whole thing in one sitting

Last edited:

gatti-man

Episode 2 was unwatchable trash for me. 1 was decent. 3 was pretty derivative and kinda ok. Like Star Wars the cheap anime cartoon. So far I’m not thrilled but it’s not terrible.

Rundown of shorts:

The Duel - Slaps

Tatooine Rhapsody - CRINGE. AVOID.

The Twins - Would slap if it weren't for the shoehorned classic Star Wars lines every 3 seconds (a problem a few of these have).

The Villiage Bride - Slaps

9th Jedi - Slaps. Want a full series on this.

To-B1 - Cute but unnecessary.

The Elder - Decent. Has David Harbour.

Lop & Ocho - Meh. Looks nice. Has no ending/very much a pilot.

Akakiri - Slaps VERY hard. Also want a full series on this.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, loved the animation in episode 1.
Although weird for a Star Wars related thing I loved the scabbard idea, bad ass. I liked the mystery of the protagonist in the first episode, Sith or not Sith? Is he a Sith hunter? Why is he collecting Kyber crystals?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Beyond is one of my favorite pieces of animation ever. It puts me in a literal trance every time I watch it.

aDtWjJd.gif
kt4PeHr.jpg
Best Animation of the film

SinDelta

Yeah in hindsight Studio Trigger was better off with a straightforward and grounded story like the Elder. The Twins was very underwhelming which sucks because it was the one I was looking forward to the most.

Lop & Ocho could have been amazing (and was at parts), but it was far too ambitious for such a short time slot.

The Village Bride, the Elder and the Duel is where its at.

The Ninth Jedi is absolutely god tier incredible, absolutely destroys the the sequel trilogy in coherency, characterization, concept and actualization and should in fact be retconned to take its place.

Last edited:

kondorBonk

9th Jedi was my favorite. They knocked it out of the park. Felt very "Star Wars".

Towards the end a lot of them started to feel very similar in structure. I'm wondering if the studios were given some kind of template by Disney. I feel like most fans enjoy exploring Star Wars outside of the Jedi/Sith and I was hoping for more of that.

One thing to note. Disney fucking sucks at subtitles. They would always be delayed or have incredibly weird leading. Half was on the picture, the other half on the black bars. Really just god awful and almost unwatchable. The level of quality from Disney to probably an unpaid fan translating anime is enormous and they should be ashamed.

Fbh

Watched 2 more.

Episode 3 was ok too. Nice visuals but it didn't really feel like star wars. I guess it's cool they gave studios complete creative freedom but having people just completely ignore they are in outer space was weird.

Episode 4 was easily the best one so far. Enjoyed the style, plot and music, though the action could have been a bit better.

One thing to note. Disney fucking sucks at subtitles. They would always be delayed or have incredibly weird leading. Half was on the picture, the other half on the black bars. Really just god awful and almost unwatchable. The level of quality from Disney to probably an unpaid fan translating anime is enormous and they should be ashamed.

Well at least it's good to know it's not my app which is fucked up, because I also noticed the delayed subtitles

Last edited:

Neolombax

Only enjoyed the first episode and also the third episode. To be honest, my expectation of Anime star wars was crazy and super stylized light saber battles. Was kind of disappointed that we didn't see any space battles though. Its a fun experiment non the less.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
My rankings

1 - 9th Jedi
2 - The Duel
3 - Ocho and Lop
4 - The Elder
5 - The Village Bride
6 - T0-B1
7 - The Twins
8 - Tattoine Rhapsody
9 - Akakiri

All were good or had elements that were cool. Too many episodes focused on kyber crystals. Both I enjoyed them all, except Akakiri (which had an amazing ending)

jason10mm

Gold Member
Only enjoyed the first episode and also the third episode. To be honest, my expectation of Anime star wars was crazy and super stylized light saber battles. Was kind of disappointed that we didn't see any space battles though. Its a fun experiment non the less.
Wait, they didn't grab that tie fighter anime thing from a few years back? Seems like an easy win.

gatti-man

The plots combined to make them all seem cookie cutter and bland. Failed execution as usual from Star Wars. Also really felt like a lost opportunity to Atleast keep the same characters and establish new threads/stories

Top Bottom