• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft II Delayed to 2010

traveler

Not Wario
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175471

Here ya have it, straight from the horses mouth. SC2 will not affect any of their other releases; they will simply have two big releases next year instead of one. (Although I dunno why 1up seems to think it will be Diablo and SC- it's almost guaranteed the second one will be WoW XPac #3/Cataclysm.)

bengraven

hey-negrita-abandon-ship.jpg

Zeliard

lothars said:
I don't think it will be 2010 but I bet you it will be early 2011 just like I think Starcraft 2 will be January or February 2010.

Activision/Blizzard saying "within the first half of next year" leads me to believe that Starcraft 2 will be coming out closer to Summer than Winter.

Wollan

WarCraft 3 released in July (3rd US, 5th EU) back in 2002.

When someone first makes the decision to delay (a major product) I believe they will give themselves ample elbow space to finish it. I'm expecting a June release now.

Lothars

Wollan said:
WarCraft 3 released in July (3rd US, 5th EU) back in 2002.

When someone first makes the decision to delay (a major product) I believe they will give themselves ample elbow space to finish it. I'm expecting a June release now.

It's Blizzard though It's definitely possible it will be summer next year but depending on the beta, I am hoping it will be sooner than that but meh whatever, I will still buy it

I just want it out sooner than later :)

merin

Neo Member
not surprised at all tbh.

can't wait for more info @ blizzcon by the end of august!

i'm guessing diablo3 in 2011

lothars said:
It's Blizzard though It's definitely possible it will be summer next year but depending on the beta, I am hoping it will be sooner than that but meh whatever, I will still buy it

I just want it out sooner than later :)
I am hoping for no later than March.

Evlar

Banned
Yep. StarCraft II early next year, WoW Cataclysm late 2010, Diablo 3
Beta
late 2011.
Pachinko said:
Starcraft 2 has taken half life 2's crown for most premature unveiling.
Hah, no. That title will always belong to a Square-Enix game, and they've truly earned it. You could fit an entire console generation in the time since Final Fantasy XIII was unvieled.

Evlar said:
Beta
late 2011.

Hah, no. That title will always belong to a Square-Enix game, and they've truly earned it. You could fit an entire console generation in the time since Final Fantasy XIII was unvieled.
When was it unveiled? I can't even remember.

Knew this was coming, it's sad though, specially when we know that this is going to be a series, and only the first pack is coming in 2010. So the complete series will be in around... 2013 maybe?
People expecting Diablo III in 2010 made me :lol

Evlar

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
When was it unveiled? I can't even remember.
I was exaggerating a little with the "console generation" part... Fabula Nova Crystallis was revealed at E3 in May 2006. That makes more than three years past announcement before FFXIII is released in Japan and who the hell knows how long until FFXIII Versus.

Mudkips

Banned
Evlar said:
Beta
late 2011.

Wut.
x451s2.jpg

abrasion

Banned
Well the beta news is completely and utterly dry at this point :/ If we don't hear anything at Blizzcon I would have to agree with the guy who said next year.

Blizzard have huge huge plans for Bnet 2.0 and the SC2 engine, the stuff it records and takes note of and the new stats are meant to be very in depth, plus it needs to accomodate a huge variety of stuff to appease the Korean Pro community.
I have a strange feeling this beta may not even be in 2009 at this point, even if I do get in or not :/

Top Bottom