• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

antitrop

Servers are down, new patch.

RXt8tVR.jpg

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I was kind of disappointed in the Making of BluRay. Good Quality and I liked the segment on the E-Sports community as well as the tips and tricks on making cutscenes but overall... DISAPPOINTED! The Art Book is really nice and I love the scene on the mousepad. Maybe now i should play the game HAHAH!

StMeph

Some of the single player evolutions are so crazy, I wish you could access this stuff in unranked games just for fun.

Some of the WoL upgrades were pretty silly too. That might be a fun idea for Unranked, but there would have to be some utterly imbalanced Protoss options too, or it would just be T and Z getting fancy toys.

That, and they would have to re-segregate Unranked from Ranked, which they are currently mixing, for reasons beyond my understanding, other than increasing the available player pool.

duckroll

Some of the WoL upgrades were pretty silly too. That might be a fun idea for Unranked, but there would have to be some utterly imbalanced Protoss options too, or it would just be T and Z getting fancy toys.

Sounds like an option they should open up with the final expansion! :D

ultron87

That, and they would have to re-segregate Unranked from Ranked, which they are currently mixing, for reasons beyond my understanding, other than increasing the available player pool.

Wait really?

I planned to use unranked for doing dumb stuff. I'd for some reason feel way dumber if I messed around against people playing ranked.

1. He stated he was working for a Higher Power, which was specified to be the Dark Voice in SC2.

Yes. But...
isn't Amon and Dark Voice the same?

7. Sorta, in HotS
it is clarified/speculated by the characters that the artifact was necessary to jump start Amons rebirth
. Having Tychus kill Kerrigan was secondary and most likely Mengsks only/own goal given how hard he's tried to get her killed before. He holds a mean grudge.

Indeed,
hence Mengsk was convinced by Dr. Narud/Samir Duran to help him with his plan.

It was confirmed that his de-infestation mission was indeed canon by Metzen here, which Metzen forgot about and had him re-infested. He only suspected of Duran being infested in BW, he only knew his was a traitor.
Stukov found out by himself that Dr. Narud wasn't human and was working with the hybrids. It's very likely the Deception mission was related to Samir Duran/Dr. Narud experiments considering there's was a lot of Zerg and Protoss experiments over there and Infested Stukov made a cameo. The Deception mission didn't made clear if Stukov was supervising the experiments or investigating, but is likely the second considering the HotS events. It's possible that Stukov discovered the truth about Samir Duran/Dr. Narud there.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You must be looking at a regular clock, Coolio.

Need to calculate for Valve Blizzard Time. Add + 1-8 hours to original estimate.

Almighty

Well I was avoiding this thread until I beat it and now I have. I liked it. The missions were fun and I enjoyed the story. Though I did like WoL better, but that might just be because I am a Terran fan and like Raynor more then Kerrigan. I thought the in between mission stuff(talking to your crew, watching those news reports) was more entertaining in WoL.

Why the hell does it take so long to install these games? I don't have to be online all the time to play the campaign do I?

There is an offline mode thankfully. I used it before, in fact I used it yesterday when either my internet or their servers dropped connection for an hour or so. It disables achievements though and you have to of signed into your battle.net account at least once in game before you can use it.

fatty

Marking this so I can watch these replays after I get the game installed. Looking forward to watching them, hope more people continue to post replays.

Profit's replays HoTS edition!

A new expansion a new chance to improve myself and all of you can help!
For the people that have the time, I'll upload my replay and if you want you can watch and comment on it! Every bit of advice helps, no matter what skill you have in the game!

http://drop.sc/310031

Not going to comment too much about this one, I'm pretty rusty been a few weeks since I last played a competitive game and I was shaking at the end of it.
Only thing I will say BUILD ADDITIONAL SUPPLY DEPOTS PROFIT!

Oh btw, I encourage all of you to do the exact same thing I'm doing, especially you people who are afraid of laddering but still want to improve; uploading my replays to GAF has helped me tons and keeps me motivated even when I lose. It's fun when you learn stuff!

For anyone who is bored during the hour maintenance.

Here are my last two 1v1 ladder games. (Replay files)

Both PvZ
http://drop.sc/310084
http://drop.sc/310083

You can watch both of them in offline mode.

Both are
+1 pressure timings with a 3rd behind it and then some sort of tech. Sadly both end up dying to pressure.

sixghost

For anyone who is bored during the hour maintenance.

Here are my last two 1v1 ladder games. (Replay files)

Both PvZ
http://drop.sc/310084
http://drop.sc/310083

You can watch both of them in offline mode.

Both are
+1 pressure timings with a 3rd behind it and then some sort of tech. Sadly both end up dying to pressure.

Is there any way to tell the difference between a zealot heavy +1 timing and a normal 4gate pressure? Or should zerg just be teching to both roach and speedling and adjusting the units they make based on whether the attack is zealot or stalker heavy?

Tacitus_

Yes. But...
isn't Amon and Dark Voice the same?

Indeed,
hence Mengsk was convinced by Dr. Narud/Samir Duran to help him with his plan.

Stukov found out by himself that Dr. Narud wasn't human and was working with the hybrids. It's very likely the Deception mission was related to Samir Duran/Dr. Narud experiments considering there's was a lot of Zerg and Protoss experiments over there and Infested Stukov made a cameo. The Deception mission didn't made clear if Stukov was supervising the experiments or investigating, but is likely the second considering the HotS events. It's possible that Stukov discovered the truth about Samir Duran/Dr. Narud there.

I was just saying that since they're the same thing, the Dark Origin mission has no unique reveals if you played SC2 first.

Tiamant

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm

tZkbvC9.gif

Finished the campaign, great gameplay, horrid story.

The last mission didn't feel very epic which is new to this saga, every campaign had it's huge finale: invasion of auir, kill the overmind, free Shakuras, enslave the overmind, resist the queen of blades... Now, here,
go hunt this old man.

And god knows what future the zerg hold now
being the good puppies of the universe, I bet Blizzard will use the super original SACRIFICE theme for Legacy of the Void -_-

I was just saying that since they're the same thing, the Dark Origin mission has no unique reveals if you played SC2 first.

It made clear to me that
Samir Duran is Dr. Narud after you discover in the Dark Origin that he's a shapeshifter, hybrid supervisor and working for Amon and I was only aware of Dr. Narud real identity because of what I found in Dark Origin. If I never played Dark Origin, I probably would never find this out. Samir Duran name is never mentioned anywhere in the SC2 campaign, Zeratul never directly mention the Dark Origin discovery and what he found out there and most of my spoiler views of the series are greatly based on the fact that Duran is Narud, otherwise the series would be very messy and unresolved so far. Both Duran and Narud are shapeshifters, hybrid supervisors and working for Amon, it's not coincidence.

profit

so what is the official EU GAF group ?
Neogaf = group
GAF = clan

Join the group and when I or someone of the other officers are online they will invite you to the clan!

Marking this so I can watch these replays after I get the game installed. Looking forward to watching them, hope more people continue to post replays.
I will and again I encourage other people to do aswell! When you are able to play, upload some aswell man :)

Coming back from a long break, should I just force myself to play ladder through losses or is there a way of practicing through custom games (I'm afraid there would only be bronze/silver in those, and not enough challenge)?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm home!

let's continue this epic mess! :D

Tiamant

Oh god, I just realised that the spanish version of the Tempest is voiced by the same guy that makes this:

sideshow-bob-3.gif

Finally a reason to play toss!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EPIC NEWS

Even if the achievement servers are down, they are retroactive so you'll still get the achievements whenever they go up again. I just confirmed that.

StMeph

It made clear to me that
Samir Duran is Dr. Narud after you discover in the Dark Origin that he's a shapeshifter, hybrid supervisor and working for Amon and I was only aware of Dr. Narud real identity because of what I found in Dark Origin. If I never played Dark Origin, I probably would never find this out. Samir Duran name is never mentioned anywhere in the SC2 campaign, Zeratul never directly mention the Dark Origin discovery and what he found out there and most of my spoiler views of the series are greatly based on the fact that Duran is Narud, otherwise the series would be very messy and unresolved so far. Both Duran and Narud are shapeshifters, hybrid supervisors and working for Amon, it's not coincidence.

You keep pimping the fact that
Duran = Narud
as if it's some great secret lost on everyone else who is playing the game. We get it.
They're the same person.
The name is a tough nut to crack, being a complex cryptograph. Thank you.

The issue in SC1 was that this plot point was still semi-opaque. In SC2 they make it not just really blunt, but identical to WarCraft's plot developments, which was something they were really trying to differentiate SC from when it first debuted.

Also, it's simple enough that I don't think anyone NEEDS to play SC1 to understand what is going on in SC2. It's... not that complicated.

profit

Coming back from a long break, should I just force myself to play ladder through losses or is there a way of practicing through custom games (I'm afraid there would only be bronze/silver in those, and not enough challenge)?
You can play unranked now!
And dont be afraid of the ladder; just play and learn from every game, the wins will come naturally.

Tacitus_

It made clear to me that

Well, it's not like you need that information since
Duran never appears again and really, everyone who played BW put Duran = Narud together almost instantly. You could put it together even without playing Dark Origin if you were attentive since Duran slips away during the Zerg campaign and Kerrigan wonders where he has gone

Top Bottom