• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT2| The Future Is Near

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also

"Player levels have been removed"

What? Is it only from the loading screens or overall?

Syf

Banned
Only from loading screens. Apparently new players thought the level actually meant something so they felt at a disadvantage lol

RPGCrazied

I haven't tried it yet, but how is the 64-bit client? Improvement in performance? I get better performance on 64-bit client in WoW, so heres hoping.

And lol at the free LoTV prologue campaign missions now, wasn't that a preorder bonus?

Syf

Banned
It was yeah, they said from the beginning it'd be free eventually though. And the 64-bit client seems to run smoother for me but some people are having bugs with it

Shahadan

Lol and here I was this morning thinking "boy I'd love to play some more Starcraft 2 campaign stuff". I expect them to be short and shitty prologue missions but I'm still happy

Syf

Banned
just played first game post update...my hotkeys keep disappearing...wtf?
You can switch back to the 32-bit client in the launcher. I'd try that, 64-bit seems to be buggy for some people.

Or it could be a bug with the new UI in general idk

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I like the new interface but it keeps locking up on me. I even switched back to the 32bit client but that doesn't seem to be helping at all. Maybe it's new bugs, maybe it's Win10, but I think I'll stop trying to play any SC2 for tonight and give it a week or so to see if they patch anything.

Tekniqs

You can switch back to the 32-bit client in the launcher. I'd try that, 64-bit seems to be buggy for some people.

Or it could be a bug with the new UI in general idk

figured it out. they added a new hotkey of "alt+ number" to create control group and take away units. why the hell did they do that?

Syf

Banned
The patch notes say it's for team games. Maybe useful in archon mode? idk I'll have to mess around with that

Tekniqs

The patch notes say it's for team games. Maybe useful in archon mode? idk I'll have to mess around with that

i'm so used to holding down alt to show hp when I'm attacking. i guess sometimes i'll double press my CC group and hold alt to see how long til stuff is built/comes out of buildings. Press 1 really fast without fully letting alt go and BAM, army group is no more

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I found out what was causing my game to lock up and lag so badly, it was Windows 10 firewall. Even giving the SC2.exe permissions in the W10 network center wasn't fixing it, but some Google research taught me that for W10 you need to open up port 3724 for SC2 (I did it for all of Battlenet). After doing this my game now runs fast and flawlessly. Disabling W10 firewall completely also fixes the issue, but I'd rather keep the firewall on and just open the port personally.

After this though I was quickly reminded of just how pathetic a Starcraft 2 player I am. I proceeded to lose three custom 1vs1's against one medium AI opponent. Didn't win a single match. Holy Hell. Either they improved the AI's or I have gotten even worse due to inactivity.

I think I need to practice some before the expansion comes out......

BashNasty

Anyone else getting really stuttery scrolling in the LotV prologue missions? I'm on a 970, 2500k, 8 gigs of ram, and a G-sync monitor, but scrolling just feels awful right from the get go in the prologue mission. I loaded up a multiplayer match and everything was fine. I popped on fraps as well to check the FPS and there were no major problems there either, so not sure what the fuck the deal is.

Aylinato

Ok guys, this upcoming Tuesday is gaf night, I will be there (minus if my mom burns her hand like this week and I made sure she was ok) so let's get this party started

Tenebrous

Sounds good to me! Hard to believe in a month and 3/4 days we will have the conclusion to the series in our hands. :D

And then they can go work on Warcraft IV.

Tempted to buy the digital collection thingy. £80 is pretty steep, but the extras for other games is damn tempting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I decided to start up this game (lol) and I started the LotV Prologue... what the holy fucking shit is up with the framerate? It's down to 15-20 on the lowest graphics... I tried multiplayer, instant 150 fps...

..................?

Tenebrous

Is it cheaper to pre order LOTV now than buying it on release?

Doesn't seem to be any mention of a preorder discount on the Battle.net client. All I see is "Pre-purchase Legacy of the Void and jump into the battle as soon as the game launches. Void is expected to release November 10, 2015."

Go retail if you want to find a cheaper copy for Blizzard games.

phoenixyz

So I just played the LotV prologue missions aaaand...
56566482.jpg

What's the best way to get up to speed concerning Starcraft lore?

Syf

Banned
:D

I have still no idea what was happening in the prologue.
I don't even remember off the top of my head, will have to play through it again (I'm doing all the campaign stuff in order atm). But I do remember something about
Zeratul finding the last piece of the Xel'Naga prophecy involving Amon and the hybrid, and then Zeratul returning to the protoss to face his punishment. I expect he'll end up forgiven and join the fight later on in the LotV campaign.

Also, Starcraft 2 has 3 panels at BlizzCon:

Future of SCII
Hear about the future of StarCraft II, including plans to continue enhancing the gameplay experience beyond legacy of the void's launch.

StarCraft II units
From Blueprints to battlefield: Learn how StarCraft II multiplayer will continue to evolve after Legacy of the Void, including ladder improvements, lessons learned from the beta, and what the future holds.

And the last one on Saturday is talking about music of Starcraft with a live performance.

Tenebrous

The live performance of SC/SC2 music will be amazing.

And then they can go work on Warcraft IV.

Tempted to buy the digital collection thingy. £80 is pretty steep, but the extras for other games is damn tempting.

Missus bought it for me. She's a keeper...

phoenixyz

(I'm doing all the campaign stuff in order atm)
Including Starcraft 1 and Brood War?

Future of SCII
Hear about the future of StarCraft II, including plans to continue enhancing the gameplay experience beyond legacy of the void's launch.
Oh man, I hope they just focus on Starcraft III or Warcraft IV after that instead of keeping a skeleton crew on Starcraft so they can say they still support RTS.

Stevey

So I decided to start up this game (lol) and I started the LotV Prologue... what the holy fucking shit is up with the framerate? It's down to 15-20 on the lowest graphics... I tried multiplayer, instant 150 fps...

..................?

Same here, MP, WoL and HOTS are fine, LOTV prologue is an unplayable mess.
Switching to 32 bit client isn't helping.

Syf

Banned
Including Starcraft 1 and Brood War?
Yeah. I've played the original through before and have played through SC2 about a dozen times now but given that LotV is the end of this whole SC/BW/SC2 plot I don't want to miss a single reference lol.

Tenebrous

Nice. This your first time with SC2 or just getting it for the extras in other games?

Nah, bought WoL on release but didn't actually finish the campaign until this week (did some MP though). Working my way through Heart of the Swarm right now, which I bought on launch, but never actually played.

Honestly, I would've been playing SC2 pretty hardcore from launch if it had the Protoss campaign from the very beginning. Toss is the only race I've ever wanted to play in multiplayer, and I love being introduced to build orders and whatnot through gradual learning via the campaign.

My love for WC3 back in the day (and to this day) wouldn't be anywhere near as high if there weren't multiple races/factions to play at launch.

So I never finished the last WoL mission on brutal because it was so annoyingly stacked against you. I'm gonna fix that before LOTV comes out by cheesing the mission with ghosts and nukes.

Also have to play though SC1 and BW again as well and one final HOTS run campaign before the final battle begins!

Syf

Banned
So I never finished the last WoL mission on brutal because it was so annoyingly stacked against you. I'm gonna fix that before LOTV comes out by cheesing the mission with ghosts and nukes.
If that doesn't work it's ezpz if you choose to take out the zerg air platform and then build banshees to take out the nydus worms when they pop up.

If that doesn't work it's ezpz if you choose to take out the zerg air platform and then build banshees to take out the nydus worms when they pop up.

Nahh I tried that, too micro intensive when Kerrigan is knocking on your base as well and then the hydralisk start killing off your banshees because spores are nearby. \

Its very easy the first half, the 2nd half is where shit can hit the fan.

Aaron

Pigbaby out of practice. Made some ouchie mistakes against sOOOO.

Great plan by SoS, but man everything else was so sloppy. Losing units for nothing, and so slow with that range... SKT1 got nothing to fear.

Syf

Banned
good game between maru and dream. this game still has some excitement left.
This is a really good game

Also Proleague confirmed to continue in 2016 with LotV, expected but nice to hear anyway. The president guy said SC2 is on the rise in Korea.

Top Bottom