• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley - Switch Version Releasing Thursday (5th October)

Unai

Sounds good. I like controlling a character round on the screen. A follow up question: How labor intensive is this game?

B/c I know so little about this game, let's assume that you have 48 crops on a 12x4 grid, like so...

Now, do you have to walk around and water each individual plant?
Do you have to then have to harvest each plant individually?

I guess I should watch some YouTube videos to make sure this is a game I am willing to invest in. I just don't like monotony

At first you can only water one tile, but by upgrading the water can it increases the size you can water things. Also, there are sprinklers later.

I think I'm going to go ahead and post the OT.

edit: Up!

Subbed!

Wonder if this game is worth blasting my 1GB data limit on my phone (Project Fi) to download and play at work tonight. It'll be the only net access I'll have for my Switch while I'm at work. :(

I'll probably just wait until morning when I get off. I'm actually not expecting a midnight eShop update anyway.

Will be my first deep dive into Stardew, can't wait!

Brewster123

Neo Member
Sounds good. I like controlling a character round on the screen. A follow up question: How labor intensive is this game?

B/c I know so little about this game, let's assume that you have 48 crops on a 12x4 grid, like so...

Now, do you have to walk around and water each individual plant?
Do you have to then have to harvest each plant individually?

I guess I should watch some YouTube videos to make sure this is a game I am willing to invest in. I just don't like monotony

At first, you can only water one tile at a time, but can obtain better watering cans that allow you to water multiple plants at once. In addition, as your farming skills level up, you will be able to craft sprinklers that water areas for you.

I love how this is posted... and then immediately followed with, "Can't wait to buy on the Mexican eShop!!"

We're talking an ~8 USD difference. You have a developer asking to please not abuse the cross market price differences. And yet - so many are celebrating at purchasing this at an unintended discount.

Yup, was shaking my head while reading those.

I know right??

Unfuckingbelievable

Don't tell me you're all too poor to buy food or some shit. It's abuse and they rightfully call it abuse

And this. I understand if you buy something like CoD or BF or other huge titles from the giant pubs but I'd support smaller devs by buying it from my own Eshop.

But you guys do you, just remember that you don't have a moral ground to bitch about "scummy" practices in games. You are just the same as them.

Top Bottom