• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield review embargo date is Thursday August 31st at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM UK.

So that's one day before the early access is all set to begin?
I'm waiting for the regular version that's launching on game pass anyway.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Weird people are playing it now and not a single early leaked impression. Like at least something like ( amazing ) or ( disappointed)

I get NDA and stuff. But no harm of getting people hyped by your influencers especially if the game is good

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I'm cautiously optimist. I like Si-Fi, this game as lots of potential. I used to love Bethesda but last games were not good at all. Fallout 4 was very disappointing and Fallout 76 was even trashier. So hoping for the best but I will wait for reviews/users feedback for that one.

amigastar

I'm ready.
im-ready.gif

Awesome, would like to buy early access as I’m off work the Friday. Wanted to get a good idea on what the content is like though. I’m sure it’s going to be amazing, just a little cautious.

M.W.

Just DL'ed via Game Pass on PC and Xbox. Hopefully the PC version (BGS is a PC first studio) is amazing.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Holy shit, the review embargo is up a week before the actual launch. And the morning of the early access launch.

Got to love that confidence.
These "early access" dates are actually the true launch dates of the games now. Standard edition users just get the game a few days later.

Reviews generally have to be up before the early access launch.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Who in their right minds would get hyped by Xbox influencers after Redfall?
Not the point, its not like we gonna take their word or anything. but the idea in general of nothing being mentioned about it even though people are playing.

That seems quite good.
Gives reviewers sufficient time to play the game, and reviews show up before early access, so even premium buyers can hold off until reviews show up.
Seems like a sign of confidence. Alot of time for a huge game means they aren't afraid for reviewers to spend alot of time with it.

Stafford

People have been saying it before and I think so too, this could really be their most polished game at launch yet. Maybe that's why the confidence from them to have the embargo a week before official release.

What was the embargo for their previous games?

Fuck it. 95+

Low 90s at worse.

I think this is gonna blow people away. The team is just too passionate. You don’t get sub 90s from people loving what they do and the art they create so much. Trying to make the best game of their careers. You get sub 90s and sub 80s from corporate mandated games like Suicide Squad or Anthem or Fallout 76 where nobody gives a fuck and it’s just a 9-5 job.

Last edited:

sainraja

I will never understand why gamers place so much emphasis on reviews for a game they are interested in or have been waiting for.
I understand wanting to know the opinions of others about something you are not sure about, but I think this situation is a bit different; many of you have played their games/like their games and are going to play this no matter what so...

If there is a game coming out and is a new IP from a developer I like or a series I like, I will most likely just buy the game lol.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I will never understand why gamers place so much emphasis on reviews for a game they are interested in or have been waiting for.
I understand wanting to know the opinions of others about something you are not sure about, but I think this situation is a bit different; many of you have played their games/like their games and are going to play this no matter what so...

If there is a game coming out and is a new IP from a developer I like or a series I like, I will most likely just buy the game lol.
Validation. It’s the same reason achievements and trophies are a thing.

I like to read/watch reviews to get different takes on things. It’s rare that a review has ever changed my mind.

Sometimes you need to be selective with your money and even more important your time. While consensus isn't always right when you look at the games that often score high yea they tend to be pretty good. Like if I was interested in gollum, see its a broken mess from reviews am I wrong for skipping? Or whats better imo a game like signalis reviews really well then is put on peoples radar.

Top Bottom