• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield review embargo date is Thursday August 31st at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM UK.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think the fact that they are shipping this at ver. 1.6.x bodes well for the bug counts
Yup. It’s common sense that when the game was fully ready, they had it at 1.0 like everyone else does. They’re obviously giving us a well looked at game. And it most likely will get another patch in the next two weeks.

Sleepwalker

Floor: 1
Ceiling: 99
Prediction : 69

Approve South Park GIF

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I'm predicting a 92 MC, with praise going to world building, freedom of exploration and elaborate rpg mechanics, and criticism towards the usual suspects; bugs, glitches and performance issues.

Pelta88

This is fake, its a brazilian dude who used frames from the trailer and didn't even bother to change its account name handle in the first time.

Lmao fanboys going to pathetic lengths now

Please don't do this. No one who has this game is on twitter saying things like that. They are embargoed.

This guy is trying to spread fud. Don't need it here. Fanboys are pathetic, leave them to twitter.

No one click on this guy’s account. He’s one of the PS fanboys spoiling it.

So he doesn't have the game ot he's spoiling it on purpose? I've avoided all spoilers thus far but I got this tweet from reddit.

Last edited:
I'm slightly surprised to hear how complex the systems are. I was one of those that consider Morrowind one of the greatest games ever made, but pretty much skipped Skyrim due to how casual it got on systems. If they are actually going hard on RPG complexity this could be better than I expected.

I do wonder what they're even talking about. Nothing in the deep dive seemed that intimidating. Perks and stuff all seemed rather simple.

Cautiously even more optimistic.

Dane

MuPvpGP.jpeg

Take it with a Grain of salt.
This what i've seen from Jamie Moran print, it is actually complex as fuck, no wonder why there's no playable demo at Gamescom, no way you can you have a general overview for players in 15 minutes at best, IIRC the closed doors showing at it will be like 1 hour+.

Last edited:

ckaneo

I'm slightly surprised to hear how complex the systems are. I was one of those that consider Morrowind one of the greatest games ever made, but pretty much skipped Skyrim due to how casual it got on systems. If they are actually going hard on RPG complexity this could be better than I expected.

I do wonder what they're even talking about. Nothing in the deep dive seemed that intimidating. Perks and stuff all seemed rather simple.

There is combat, mining, ship building, ship combat, and base building. Didn't even mention the basic rpg stats stuff

Even if those systems are simple that's simply a lot of shit in a game that it needs to teach you.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
If Microsoft truly managed to assist Bethesda into releasing a polished game without bugs, then its probably their single biggest achievement in gaming.
I mean working for two platforms instead of three, a year delay to polish might have helped a bit

Stafford

So apparently even Dreamcastguy got a code. It's clear that Bethesda and MS/Xbox haven't really been paying attention, damn.

Pelta88

So apparently even Dreamcastguy got a code. It's clear that Bethesda and MS/Xbox haven't really been paying attention, damn.

Don't worry about him. He'll post after the main reviews and will follow the algo. If the reviews are good he'll ask to kiss Phil Spencer or something equally outrageous.

He's not actually a gamer. He makes gaming vids based on yt's algo.

Just wanted to let everyone know here this ahead of time - unfortunately, we have did not get access to a review copy of Starfield. Getting a potential review copy varies from title to title and also your metrics and some other factors. While we did get the privilege to review God of War Ragnarok and Elden Ring ahead of the release schedule. We are going to be skipping Starfield.

However, as soon as we do get hands on the game by regular means via Game Pass or Purchase, we will still do a review, just not at the August 31st date. It sucks, but that's how it is sometimes in the industry. You win some, you lose some.

I will still play the game and give it it my full attention as it is a game I am looking forward to personally. Thanks all.

Vox Machina

Banned

I mean this is part of the Catechism of Gaming. It's an unassailable fact.

Just wanted to let everyone know here this ahead of time - unfortunately, we have did not get access to a review copy of Starfield. Getting a potential review copy varies from title to title and also your metrics and some other factors. While we did get the privilege to review God of War Ragnarok and Elden Ring ahead of the release schedule. We are going to be skipping Starfield.

However, as soon as we do get hands on the game by regular means via Game Pass or Purchase, we will still do a review, just not at the August 31st date. It sucks, but that's how it is sometimes in the industry. You win some, you lose some.

I will still play the game and give it it my full attention as it is a game I am looking forward to personally. Thanks all.

What outlet do you work for, or are you indie? Got a YouTube I can check out?

This one?
dcZjzkM.png

Looks like Beth is giving Codes for Everyone lol.

Edit: lmao, see below

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Banned
I tried DMing you as I rather not fill the thread with stuff that looks like a self promo, but I think your profile is closed to DMs.

Haha, what wild timing. I had changed that preference probably minutes before you tried to DM me. Sent you a DM!

I think one of the best things about sites like this is that we have access to industry participants when we want to ask questions/get context. Thanks for helping us weird gaming nerds out!

Last edited:

Vox Machina

Banned
Yeah same with any jackass that spoils shit for Sony 1st party games, GTFO of the hobby you fucking child. The world is fucking hard enough to deal with without people trying to ruin that tiny little bit of joy you can wring out of life.

Spoiling any sort of media intentionally to hyped fans is some Grade A Asshole behavior. I still remember watching the video of some guy driving his car past a line of people waiting to buy their copy of the final Harry Potter book and yelling out one of the books biggest spoilers, and thus earning himself a primo spot in Hell.

Top Bottom