• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What date is the Starfield review embargo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
So, I was wanting to get the 'premium' edition and get the game on the 31st. But wanting to wait for reviews first. Has there been a date for review embargos? As long as they are before the 30th that would give me time to buy and install. I know the codes are going out this week but curious about when the reviews drop.

Mephisto40

I'm hoping they will have at least a video showing the performance on release day, so we can tell if it's actually worth paying the extra £30 to play it 5 days early on a series s if that's the xbox we own

I wouldnt expect reviews until at least a week after the early access date

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

since is a Bethesda game, it ll review well even if the game is a broken mess, the game ll just bomb if it has Fallout 76 level of bugs and problems.

Last edited:
With Skyrim and Fallout 4 it was the day before release. So with Starfield it will probably be the day before early access starts.

GrayFoxPL

Play the game and make your own opinion ?
Wooo! Shots fired!

Shooting Pew Pew GIF by GritTV

if Ur willing to pay this much for a few day early access do reviews matter if Ur unsure just sub gp for a month or 14 day trial

Soodanim

Gold Member
So, I was wanting to get the 'premium' edition and get the game on the 31st. But wanting to wait for reviews first. Has there been a date for review embargos? As long as they are before the 30th that would give me time to buy and install. I know the codes are going out this week but curious about when the reviews drop.
Just so I'm understanding this correctly:

You know there is a review embargo
You're here, so you know how to google
Instead of googling "starfield review embargo" to get your answer, you made a misleading thread title to type more than your google search would have needed but with much less success

I hope no one gives you the answer as punishment for this stupidness. I've already googled it, but I'm not going to share my findings with you.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
You're willing to shell out an extra $30-40 to play a few days early, but also care about reviews that much?

If it reviews badly are you just going to get it on Sept. 6th or are you going to skip it altogether?
If it reviews well I'm actually going to fork out $99 outright to get the whole game and extras....and get on the 31st. If it reviews bad I may just pay for a month of Gamepass (don't currently have it) and try it out on the 6th. Then if I like, it I can buy it after the month.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Instead of googling "starfield review embargo" to get your answer, you made a misleading thread title to type more than your google search would have needed but with much less success

I hope no one gives you the answer as punishment for this stupidness. I've already googled it, but I'm not going to share my findings with you.
Ok....begone with you then.

"I feel sorry for your mother"
~store clerk from Menace II Society

I'm dying haha

Ultimate pettiness. Love it

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would say there is enough footage and trailer to determine if you gonna enjoy this game or not. Also this Bethesda game, if you played their pervious game you what you are gettign yourself in to.

RPS37

I’m willing to bet 30 it’s as dope as it looks.
I still would love some early Buyer’s Satisfaction

cireza

Dumb way to buy games.
You should at least have an idea whether it is considered good by the general community. Otherwise you'll be spending money on crap like Redfall.
Best way to buy games as far as I am concerned. People have forgotten the experience of discovering a game without any prior knowledge about. I still remember the days I bought Landstalker, Shining Force and Phantasy Star solely based on their covers.

When I buy something, I don't care what others people think. I don't want reviews that spoil everything. I don't want to already know most of the content because I was spoiled. Go blind, take your time and make your own judgment. Or maybe that the idea of enjoying a game a majority of people did not is unbearable ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom