• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starfield will be the push i need to quit Live Service Games

One instance is FFX remaster. In the game there is a mini game that has Tidus dodging lightning strikes. Someone with brain fart decided to make players dodge 200 in a row to get a trophy. Square Enix is one of the worst offenders of putting terrible activity in games for those nonsensical things.
That is the stupidest excuse that you can give me. This game came out in the year 2000 and back then achievements didn't even exist. This has NOTHING to do with the achievements causing bad game design. It's a dumb trophy that's was designed already around an existing mechanic.

Once again, achievements are NOT developed or designed first. First a game is created and mechanics are designed and the achievements/trophies get added later.

Let me guess, you gonna tell me same thing about how FF9 has the stupid jump rope mini game. And again, that existed ever since the game came out. Lol. Horrific reasoning you give me that has 0 thought or any sensible logic behind it. You are twisting everything and anything to make some sort of valid point and it's hilarious.

You are factually incorrect.

Last edited:
That is the stupidest excuse that you can give me. This game came out in the year 2000 and back then achievements didn't even exist. This has NOTHING to do with the achievements causing bad game design. It's a dumb trophy that's was designed already around an existing mechanic.

Once again, achievements are NOT developed or designed first. First a game is created and mechanics are designed and the achievements/trophies get added later.

Let me guess, you gonna tell me same thing about how FF9 has the stupid jump rope mini game. And again, that existed ever since the game came out. Lol. Horrific reasoning you give me that has 0 thought or any sensible logic behind it. You are twisting everything and anything to make some sort of valid point and it's hilarious.

You are factually incorrect.
Have a great day, Mr Elder Legend.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Starfield will cure cancer and world hunger.

If not Hodd Toward will fight zuckaberg 1v1 ufc cage match. Winner gets to cock punch Phil Spencer.

Praise be to Hodd. Praise to Starfield.

My issue at the moment is that I play a game for an hour or two and then move on to something else. Wether that mean games don't have it, or that there is too much choice, I'm not sure.
Rage 2 and Forza Horizon 5 are the ones that I keep going back to.
Starfield I think is the game where I will spend a heap of time and get that hour count up.

It kills me from the inside that we get 1 new map every 3 4 months in battlefield with a bunch of cosmetics and a battle pass and call it a season
Where as in previous bf4 or bf 3 we used to get 4 to 5 maps every 3 months in season pass.
I would take 25 30 dollar season pass any day with 4 5 maps instead of bullshit we have today.
Battlepasses feels like sidejobs and I fucking hate them

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Diablo 4 was not an incomplete game at day 1, it was a full narrative experience, they have proceeded to fuck it up with patches since release tho.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Diablo 4 was not an incomplete game at day 1, it was a full narrative experience, they have proceeded to fuck it up with patches since release tho.

A "complete game" with a thousand dollars worth of cosmetics in the shop that should be unlockable ingame.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
A "complete game" with a thousand dollars worth of cosmetics in the shop that should be unlockable ingame.

Cosmetics are the only DLC I don't have an issue with since they're non game-content or balance altering. It's very easy for me to just not bother with it at all. The game, itself, was not lacking in game content or balance because of the cosmetic mtx.

Top Bottom