• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Teaser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
isnt July a bit quick?Its only just finished.

and for the last 2-3 seasons I've been thinking its going to be bad - no Daniel, no O'Neill, thinking its the last season so all loose ends to tie up. But I've always been pleasantly surprised.

Fingers crossed.

border

Errr....huh? Are they actually doing a Farscape crossover or did they just get Ben Browder for a role?

As much as I loved Farscape and want to see it continue, I would probably not like it to continue like this.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
border said:
Errr....huh? Are they actually doing a Farscape crossover or did they just get Ben Browder for a role?

As much as I loved Farscape and want to see it continue, I would probably not like it to continue like this.

Ben Browder is going to be on the cast next season, and I believe I read that Claudia Black will be returning also(she did an episode earlier this season).

ManaByte

border said:

Ben Browder is the new leader of SG-1. Richard Dean Anderson is leaving the series and will only appear in a couple episodes next season.

Archaix said:
Ben Browder is going to be on the cast next season, and I believe I read that Claudia Black will be returning also(she did an episode earlier this season).

Claudia Black is only in it for a few episodes to fill in while Amanda Tapping is out popping out her kid.

border

Why is Richard Dean Anderson leaving? It doesn't seem like he has prospects with any other productions.

And Ben Browder is definitely not playing John Chrichton?

ManaByte

border said:
Why is Richard Dean Anderson leaving? It doesn't seem like he has prospects with any other productions.

And Ben Browder is definitely not playing John Chrichton?

The official reason is because he wants to spend more time with his daughter. He's been reducing his role for a couple seasons already. O'Niell will be promoted to the head of Homeland Security. No one knows what happened to Hammond yet.

Browder's character is Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell. He was the F-302 fighter pilot who lead the battle against Anubis in Antartica. He was badly injured in the battle and was promised a job with SG-1 if he survived.

Beau Bridges will also be a part of the cast in season nine as General Hank Landry who is in charge of the S.G.C. He'll also do guest appearances on Atlantis.

Also, Louis Gossett, Jr. shows up as a recurring Jaffa leader.

909er

DopeyFish said:
Atlantis by all accounts... is awesome so far.

I like that it's fresh. In SG-1, humanity has already kicked everyones ass. With Atlantis, theres a new threat and a new galaxy and new cast(who, fortunately, doesn't suck).

Teal'c

It will be different...and it SHOULD be. The last few episodes of this season wrapped things up quite nicely IMO. Should feel fresh.

silver

Banned
Yep.

Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell will only lead SG-1 for as long as Carter is away.

Actually, all of SG-1 is split up in the beginning of season 9. Carter is "far, far away" according to producers, Teal'c is dealing with the newly formed Free Jaffa Nation. Where Daniel and O'Neill will be is not yet known. O'Neill will appear in the season opener 'Avalon' and episode three, 'Origin'. He has handpicked General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) as the new CO at the SGC.

Michael Shanks' wife Lexa Doig has been cast as the new Chief Medical Officier Carolyn Lam.

ManaByte

silver said:
Michael Shanks' wife Lexa Doig has been cast as the new Chief Medical Officier Carolyn Lam.

Another hot doctor. Good, now there is NO REASON AT ALL to ever look at Andromeda again!

trilobyte

909er said:
I like that it's fresh. In SG-1, humanity has already kicked everyones ass. With Atlantis, theres a new threat and a new galaxy and new cast(who, fortunately, doesn't suck).

Fresh? Eh the way I see it, it's SG-1 in a new setting.

Wraith = Goa'uld but uglier
Atlantis = pretty much a large SGC
Shepard = Bad impression of O'Neil
Teyla = Female Teal'c

The only interesting character is McKay. That black guy is pretty much Atlantis equivalent to the black guy on Enterprise

And the eps have been pretty much your standard stargate fair.

I would have like to see them use that $$ to revamp SG-1 with new characters and enemies.

ManaByte

trilobyte said:
Fresh? Eh the way I see it, it's SG-1 in a new setting.

Wraith = Goa'uld but uglier
Atlantis = pretty much a large SGC
Shepard = Bad impression of O'Neil
Teyla = Hot Femail Teal'c

The only interesting character is McKay. That black guy is pretty much Atlantis equivalent to the black guy on Enterprise

And the eps have been pretty much your standard stargate fair.

I would have like to see them use that $$ to revamp SG-1 with new characters and enemies.

Actually Atlantis is like DS9 to SG-1's TNG.

Teal'c

Atlantis can be great at times. The removal of Wier would be a big plus for me. She just seems to be tacked on all the time. McKay and Beckett are great, and even Lt. Ford is doing pretty well. I hope we some some more interaction between the two series in the future. Its someting I wished TNG and DS9 would have done more, as just the immense possibilities of really using that extra setting and time can do. And more than just a token acknowledgement... but something that truely involves both shows at the same times. Some sort of Universal threat. The shows can still remain seperate and different at their respective cores. But just for a few select episodes... or arcs, really tie these two Galaxies together and do something orgnial. Have a two-parter all in one night. Transition from the SG-1 side of things in hour 1 to the SGA side of things in Hour 2. Still seperate shows... but connected by a common plot.

They did a pretty good job mixing in bits of each show into each other this year, but I believe theres much more left to explore.

-=DoAvl=-

Most shows like this usually go down the drain at about this point of their lifetime.... SG1 seems to be getting better and BETTER!

I can't believe I'm such a geek. I'm not a geek am i?

G4life98

if sg-1 fans really take to Browder, I wonder how much longer the shows run would continue.

and there was a funny rumour that they were gonna have him shave his head for the role :lol

retardboy

trilobyte said:
Nah, I'd say it's more Voyager and TNG

Not really, because starting next season, there is going to be constant communications between Atlantis and Earth. The producers made a point to say they weren't going to pull a Voyager.

ManaByte

G4life98 said:
if sg-1 fans really take to Browder, I wonder how much longer the shows run would continue.

and there was a funny rumour that they were gonna have him shave his head for the role :lol

Well, if it goes to 10 seasons it'll beat X-Files. It's already run longer than any Trek series.

If they lose any of the other original four (ESPECIALLY Daniel), then it'll be time to end it.

G4life98

ManaByte said:
Well, if it goes to 10 seasons it'll beat X-Files. It's already run longer than any Trek series.

If they lose any of the other original four (ESPECIALLY Daniel), then it'll be time to end it.

i used to think that way too, but if the show can remain good with little to no oneil...I figure it can handle the other three taking reduced roles aslong as they find quality actors to pickup the slack like Browder and Black.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Anyone else find nerdy carter to be freaking hot? The alternate O'Neil is 1 luck sob to hit that every night. I also got a chuckle when she said she liked daniel and the perfect O'neil response. I hope the new SG leader is in a different mold than O'Neil. Ill miss O'Neil he is the king of the 1 liners.

.hacked

I hope Ben Browder works, if I could pick any sci-fi actor to add to SG1 it would be him.

July will be interesting.

silver

Banned
I love Atlantis. Episodes like 'The Storm' and 'The Eye' (the mid-season two-parter) are amazing. I also think Dr. Weir should be relieved of command, God I don't like that actress at all. I liked Jessica Steen way better. Plus she was hot!

I think Browder will do very well. He looks very good in the teaser. I just hope they don't make him an O'Neill clone.

As for the physical similarities between Browder and Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson): Daniel will be sporting a full beard in the first five episodes of season 9.

quest: yeah... nerdy Carter was hot. Way hotter than normal Carter, whose technobabble can be irritating at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom