• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STASIS Kickstarter and Alpha demo up! (Eyecandy Isometric Adventure)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey guys,

quick heads up in the spirit of new news, new thread. And I do consider this news, so I quickly copy/pasted some info from the old thread.

AtEC3WQ.png

Get the Alpha demo here: http://www.stasisgame.com/getstasis/

Kickstarter Link (KS started 04/11): http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game
Previous GAF thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468976

Disoriented, drowsy and in pain, John Maracheck opens his eyes. There is nothing to greet him but the static of a nearby monitor and a cold steel floor. Thick, green liquid covers the floor and then his body, leading to trail to a nearby, steaming stasis-pod. He slowly gets to his feet, trying to take in his surroundings. Where is his wife? His daughter? What the hell is going on…?

Stasis is an adventure game that puts you in control of John Maracheck, a man searching for his family in a seemingly abandoned research facility. Going back to classic adventure game mechanics, you are required to solve puzzles and use objects around you to progress and to find Maracheck’s family.

Graphically, Stasis is fairly unique in the adventure game genre, opting for highly detailed isometric graphics, as opposed to the more classic ‘side on’ views of other adventure games. Richly detailed rooms and fluid animations create an immersive environment for the player to explore, with danger lurking in every shadow.

The stasis-plug suit gives you direct access to an Emergency Medical Kit. This is a piece of equipment that has the ability to break down any object of a certain weight and size into its base elements and store it for future use. While normally used to store small medical supplies, Maracheck uses it as an easy way to keep and transport object he has found. Objects can be stored, accessed, combined and brought back into the ‘real’ world at any moment.

At its core, Stasis is a story about an ordinary man in an extraordinary situation.
Trapped in a place where humanity’s horrors come out to play, how far would you go to protect your family?

Kickstarter pledge tiers:

Pledge $5 or more
A very special THANK YOU! Access to the 'backers only' posts in the Kickstarter/Stasis forum. You will also get an exclusive Stasis desktop WALLPAPER.

Pledge $19 or more
================ DIGITAL EDITION =============================
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS & the Digital GAME DOWNLOAD on release. General Backer Credit in the game and on our website.

Pledge $24 or more
EXPANDED EDITION =============================
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS & the SOUNDTRACK as a digital mp3/Ogg download.

Pledge $39 or more
DEVELOPERS EDITION =============================
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS & the 'MAKING OF' Stasis digital video content download when the game is released, covering INTERVIEWS, the ART and GAME DESIGN of Stasis. A Classic ADVENTURE GAME HINT BOOK as a digital PDF for download. SILVER Backer Credit in the game and on our website.

Pledge $78 or more
CLASSIC EDITION =============================
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS & A PHYSICAL BOX copy of the game on release. The PHYSICAL CD of the soundtrack on release. GOLD Backer Credit in the game and on our website.
Add $19 USD to ship outside the US

Pledge $149 or more
ULTIMATE EDITION =============================
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS & A STASIS POLO SHIRT exclusive to this campaign.

Pledge $249 or more
COLLECTORS EDITION =============================
ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS & your boxed copy of Stasis will be SIGNED and numbered. An exclusive STASIS CANVAS print, signed and numbered. The DEAD BODY BONUS - your name on a corpse. An EXTRA digital download on release. UNOBTAINIUM CREDIT, the highest thanks possible on our website and in the game credits.

Pledge $449 or more
DEFINITIVE EDITION =============================
god level $$$ support - THANKS! Same rewards as the ULTIMATE EDITION. You also get a 3D SCULPTURE of John, designed by Chris, and printed in hard black plastic. Your boxed copy of Stasis will be SIGNED and numbered. An exclusive STASIS CANVAS print, signed and numbered. An EXTRA digital download on release. UNOBTAINIUM CREDIT, the highest thanks possible on our website and in the game credits. Your DEAD BODY DEFINITIVE REWARD will include as an extra; your PHOTOGRAPH, your blood type and a brief description of...YOU!

Rewards in pictures:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Oh man, I've been waiting for this for a long time. Downloading.

Thanks, Toma.

No problem, downloading as well. I fully expect their server to get hammered once the KS launches, so best to get the dl out of the way now :p

epmode

I can't speak for the game itself since it's still pretty alpha but he really nailed the look and sound. Even the voice acting is well-done.

The text descriptions of various objects is a nice touch.

Kyaw

The atmosphere is right on the dot. I love it.

It still feels like alpha in the gameplay though. The movement animations and feel could be smoother.

I'm stuck though. No idea how to open the freight door.

Kickstarter? I thought it was not planned to use KS to finance the game or did I miss something? Not that I have something against it, but wasn't there a long and eloquent explanation why KS isn't an option?

Coop

Awesome ill have to download when I get home. I remember reading the thread over at adventure gamer. Iirc he was working on the game during his free time.

Damn, this download and install is taking forever and it's slowing my laptop to a crawl. I'll try again tomorrow. Look forward to all your impressions

Toma

SuperÑ;88512833 said:
What do i do after injecting myself with the morphine?

If someone reads this out of context, this would seem like a highly weird comment :p

Cant wait to try the game later.

Is there an alternative way to donate to the game without using kickstarter? Ever since that shady mom fiasco, I have no intention of supporting KS.

Luigi87

Oh no... Another Kickstarter I will have to back ;_;
I'm not made of money! World needs to stop creating impressive and enticing games!
don't ever stop...

Toma

Is there an alternative way to donate to the game without using kickstarter? Ever since that shady mom fiasco, I have no intention of supporting KS.

Shady mom fiasco?

And who knows, they might throw up paypal pledges once the funding is secured, we'll see.

Hey guys,

So happy that you are enjoying the Alpha!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

-Chris

Just curious, but have you by any chance played Half-Life? haha

Other than that, I really enjoyed getting to the end of it, and in case you were wondering..... you know that moment? you know.. THAT moment? Yeah, it made me scream and almost made me jump out of my seat. lol that'll teach me to play this game in the dark.

I also wish that I could help fund the game, but money troubles and all prevent that. I hope it does amazing on the KS and I WILL pick up the final product when things turn around financially!

Also, can I say thanks for putting out an alpha/demo before the Kickstarter? Not many still do that (I can count 1 off the top of my head that release a preview of their work before or during their crowd funding drive), and in my case, It worked in making me wish I had money to give to you.

lol i remember randomly finding this on youtube when i was looking up RPG stuff to see what any indie dev might be experimenting on..changing the date to last uploaded a month ago and sometimes you can find some really interesting stuff people are working on

New mirrors are up and running! If you have some slow downloads, you should be able to get some decent speeds now!
Great! Looking forward to trying the game

Have a question though: I hadn't really been following the game (shame on me). Is it all puzzles? One of my favorite adventure games Gemini Rue had shootouts and chases, so I'm curious if Stasis will involve mechanics other than point & click puzzles. The art style looks lovely btw

Thank you for taking the time to download and play the Alpha!

Just curious, but have you by any chance played Half-Life? haha

Other than that, I really enjoyed getting to the end of it, and in case you were wondering..... you know that moment? you know.. THAT moment? Yeah, it made me scream and almost made me jump out of my seat. lol that'll teach me to play this game in the dark.

One of my favourites!

I also wish that I could help fund the game, but money troubles and all prevent that. I hope it does amazing on the KS and I WILL pick up the final product when things turn around financially!

Not a problem at all! Just knowing that you played and enjoyed the game is an amazing feeling for me. If you have any other comments or crits, please dont hesitate to mention them! The more feedback I get, from everyone, the better the final game will be!

Also, can I say thanks for putting out an alpha/demo before the Kickstarter? Not many still do that (I can count 1 off the top of my head that release a preview of their work before or during their crowd funding drive), and in my case, It worked in making me wish I had money to give to you.

I was very nervous about putting the demo into the world, but I'm so glad I did!

The fact that people are willing to put their money on the line so that I can make STASIS into the best game possible is an amazing and humbling thing. I think that its important for people to know WHAT they are backing, especially that STASIS is an actual game, and not just the promise of a game!

Gazoinks

Oh sweet, I've been following this for a while. Concept looks intriguing and the art is fantastic.

Probably won't have the money to back the KS sadly, but I'll buy it on release! And yeah, releasing a demo pre-Kickstarter is awesome, will check it out tomorrow.

Great! Looking forward to trying the game

Have a question though: I hadn't really been following the game (shame on me). Is it all puzzles? One of my favorite adventure games Gemini Rue had shootouts and chases, so I'm curious if Stasis will involve mechanics other than point & click puzzles. The art style looks lovely btw

The Alpha is very focused on puzzles, but in the game there are many other mechanics, from timed puzzles, to mini games. But at its core, STASIS is a truly 'old school' Adventure Game, with heavy emphasis on story, puzzles, and interacting with the world around you.

Felsparrow

Neo Member
Say wait, was this game always isometric?

I seem to recall a game with the same art assets and story in a first person.

Not complaining or judging, just trying to figure out whether I've gone mad and I'm seeing things, or they shifted perspective.

Just finished the demo. Game oozes with atmosphere and I'm eager to support it though not on kickstarter. My only complaints are that the animation isn't as good as the art (there aren't many transition animations...Not to say that its bad., just lacking)and the character model looks muddier than the background(maybe just me). Also, I thought the game was going to be centered around that device that breaks down items into its basic components? Or did you scrap that concept and decide to go with more traditional puzzles?

Toma

thank you for the thread bro :D I'm downloading, I will share the feedback, I follow this game for a long, but I had lost hope. :D
The game looked too far in development to just completely disappear, but yeah, sometimes these games don't turn out as expected.

Corto

Here we go! Thanks Toma, Master of the Independent Releases! hehe And congratulations Chris. Downloading and will try to run it on my Mac through emulation if not successful I'll try it latter at home. Let's make this a quick Kickstarter run to the goal. 24 hours to goal challenge? :p

Top Bottom