• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates: 6, GFWL: 0 | Number of hours played bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
New bundlestars bundle: Ultimate Commando bundle.
2€, all Steam keys
  • Commandos: Behind enemy lines
  • Commandos: Beyond the call of duty
  • Commandos 2: Men of courage
  • Commandos 3: Destionation Berlin

First few Commandos are worth getting for any fan of stealth games and enjoys, at the time, well written A.I. Well worth getting just for that filling of success once you've figured out the enemy behaviours and movements and successfully sneak past like a puzzle and/or good reaction skills.

Also plenty of mods for those seeking a more difficult time or different levels.

BorntoPlay

You're using ModBot to get keys you already have/don't care about to give them to your friends?

Dick move, bro.

Not all games, just some "Bundle games" that nobody wants ... I'm not taking away the opportunity to anyone because these games abound unused in this thread ... I still dont see what is the problem...

Copons

Can't believe. 5 minutes in my experience with GFWL and already I'm screaming in pain.

Turns out, my GFWL is set to Italian even if my Steam is in English, my Windows is in English, my fucking Xbox360 is in English.
And of course, Dark Souls booted in Italian and I HATE playing in Italian because Italian translators more often than not suck and also I can read English so WTF.

Well. Really nice move MS. Now I'm gonna spend the rest of my time trying to hack a language change onto the game. :/

Shambles

The games are meant for GAF members. If they want free games they should make an account.

I was going to make some comment along the lines of "because the world revolves around GAF" but:

iDrIJQRpXMyxv.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72579376#post72579376
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74525935#post74525935

That earns BorntoPlay a spot on my blacklist.

Saige

I must do better.
Indie Royale Alaska Bundle http://www.indieroyale.com/

Electronic Super Joy for: Steam, Desura, Windows, Mac, Linux
March of the Eagles for: Steam
Rigonauts for: Steam, Desura, Windows
Sengoku - Way of the Warrior for: Steam. Desura, Windows
99 Spirits for: Desura, Windows, Greenlight

Kind of interested in March of the Eagles, but $5 is steep for what I heard is a game really only good in multiplayer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I think I'll wait for the bonus to be unlocked before purchasing as at this juncture I only need 99 Spirits.

Oh really? It's that easy. I thought it was having to beat Bad Rats or make an Antonio gif first.

If anyone would be so kind to let me join the GAF Steam group. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=79030

Your Steam profile. ;) I take it this is you?

Thanks for the heads-up! First Indie Royale I've bought for quite a while, but for once I don't have any of the games and the Paradox strategies tipped it for me. Electronic Super Joy also looks pretty intriguing, but wasn't that only just released? Pretty surprising to see it bundled so quickly.

nexen

I'm on the fence for the Indie Royale bundle. Those hardcore strategy games don't appeal to me (though if someone tells me Sengoku is like Sword of the Samurai I'll bite) but I'm interested in Rigonauts and Electronic Super Joy.
Any gaf impressions of those two? Is ESJ stupid hard like Meat Boy?

sapsari

You all ready for HalfLifeOS??

If there is a headcrab app I'm in.

Also how much time will it take to learn to play March of the Eagles or Sengaku? I didn't play any Paradox strategy games before. These games make me feel like I'm looking at a thousand page book and they make me scared.

Is anyone interested in a 10% off coupon for Shadow Warrior (new one, not the old one)? I have a couple of them and I already preordered the game. Shoot me a PM if interested.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're going about bundles are wrong birfday boy. You buy bundles to increase your Steam game count, not actually play the games :p

Exactly. You don't get to 1,213 games without buying a few bundles you'll never play.

Turfster

Can't believe. 5 minutes in my experience with GFWL and already I'm screaming in pain.

Turns out, my GFWL is set to Italian even if my Steam is in English, my Windows is in English, my fucking Xbox360 is in English.
And of course, Dark Souls booted in Italian and I HATE playing in Italian because Italian translators more often than not suck and also I can read English so WTF.

Well. Really nice move MS. Now I'm gonna spend the rest of my time trying to hack a language change onto the game. :/
Are your location/datetime format set to Italy?
It's a totally retarded workaround, but set both to the UK.

You're going about bundles are wrong birfday boy. You buy bundles to increase your Steam game count, not actually play the games :p

At 452 games, I don't really need to increase my game count. Mainly because I'm finally decreasing my backlog so games I get, I actually WANT to play. :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Let's get something straight about Modbot abuse: there are levels of abuse and, even if you commit the lowest level and have a million great reasons, you are still abusing a system that has been designed to be as fair and open as possible.

I've entered maybe 5 giveaways total and have won probably 2 games (and one of them was a game erroneously labeled as Bad Rats, which was actually a game I already had, which I gave away again on GAF). I'm in the Steam thread pretty constantly and could snipe a ton more keys if I wanted to, but I already have plenty of games I'm putting off playing and I have the money to buy the bundles I'm really interested in, so I don't.

It certainly rubs me the wrong way to see someone constantly sniping away games from people without any thought of playing them. You are taking away that opportunity from someone else in the community and you can have as many great excuses for this behavior as you want, but it doesn't excuse a constant pattern of abuse.

Copons

Are your location/datetime format set to Italy?
It's a totally retarded workaround, but set both to the UK.

Actually, the greatest and almighty Accent made me notice that in DSFix INI file there is an option to override language, so no other workaround needed hopefully! :)

derExperte

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Rigonauts -- MB-4220B7147443C459 - Taken by KMD

These kind of games always frustrate me so byebye.

The_Monk

Let's get something straight about Modbot abuse: there are levels of abuse and, even if you commit the lowest level and have a million great reasons, you are still abusing a system that has been designed to be as fair and open as possible.

I've entered maybe 5 giveaways total and have won probably 2 games (and one of them was a game erroneously labeled as Bad Rats, which was actually a game I already had, which I gave away again on GAF). I'm in the Steam thread pretty constantly and could snipe a ton more keys if I wanted to, but I already have plenty of games I'm putting off playing and I have the money to buy the bundles I'm really interested in, so I don't.

It certainly rubs me the wrong way to see someone constantly sniping away games from people without any thought of playing them. You are taking away that opportunity from someone else in the community and you can have as many great excuses for this behavior as you want, but it doesn't excuse a constant pattern of abuse.

I have to agree with this fine fellow GAFfer. Thank you for this, good sir.

r3n4ud

You're calling me out morningbus, aren't you? :p

Turfster

Actually, the greatest and almighty Accent made me notice that in DSFix INI file there is an option to override language, so no other workaround needed hopefully! :)

Oh. Well, in case you get another attack of temporary insanity and try another GFWL game, try that first next time ;)

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I think I'll wait for the bonus to be unlocked before purchasing as at this juncture I only need 99 Spirits.

Your Steam profile. ;) I take it this is you?

Aye, that's me. Sorry, just had to have a bit of fun there.

Edit: Many thanks.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If I had the money to support this, no doubt I'd do the same thing. But alas, I'm still waiting for this:

Me too.

*In best Wayne's World impression* Oh yes, it will be mine!

Volcynika

This is why you're one of my favorite people.

Damn Pacman Championship Edition DX crashed when is trying to update the rank in Highway II, and it seems that a lot of people is having this issue (among others issues). I hope they fix it!

I've entered maybe 5 giveaways total and have won probably 2 games (and one of them was a game erroneously labeled as Bad Rats, which was actually a game I already had, which I gave away again on GAF).

I don't know why but this made me laugh. Erroneous is such an amazing word. :)

Oh yeah, and I also agree with you.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

That's why I think a monthly top 10 of takers will be useful. It will also be interesting to have a list with the most gifted games and so on. That being said I think a lot of the regulars of this thread spotted a couple of users abusing the system.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I had the money to support this, no doubt I'd do the same thing. But alas, I'm still waiting for this:

Speaking of, if you visit a Valve employee's games list and type in the likes of Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, and so on, they'll appear, so at some point Atari did create store pages for its classic D&D titles, but for whatever reason never actually made them available for purchase.

These days we're stuck waiting for Hasbro to pick up where Atari left off.

I'm new to this bundle buying stuff because I was previously unable due to my lack of credit card and motivation to go get one. But now I have a girlfriend who has one and loves me enough to let me use it. How trustworthy are all these bundle site thingies? I've previously used humble bundle and have no complaints besides the fact that it took 3 months for the charges to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom