• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

Remember it is X:Rebirth. Things are not looking great at the moment...but these things take time.

I hope they learn to use steam early access next time.

I hope that your optimism is correct, but one of the things that concerns me most is that their program is still 32-bit (also, more evidence of a console target). I don't know all the technical details, but I believe that makes it much harder to build the huge immersive universe they wanted with those technical limitations.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Essentially, yes. The golden rule is not to play vanilla here, you have to install a number of fixes and mods to have a proper experience. EE comes with all that out of the box, but some people argue that you can achieve better result with custom mods and whatnot. I don't think it matters that much, especially if you don't want to tinker too much and aren't interested in fan-made content.

This.
I just want to play the game the way it was made, if that makes any sense, but more importantly, I want to spent time playing the game, not modding it. :lol
I'm not into fan made quests, and I don't really care about graphics enhancements and the likes. Bug fixes are a welcome addition though.

cicero

If there's anyone still on the fence about buying X:Rebirth, I say this as someone who gladly pre-ordered the first day it was available on Steam.

Please don't.

Yes, there are some good things about it. The flying environment is pretty. The combat isn't terrible, but the rest of the game is just a mess. There are good ideas in there, but it will take likely months to patch into decent shape if they are even willing to invest that much time in such a broken game.

To top it all off, in a time when PC gaming is flourishing, there is mounting evidence that this game was intended as a console game and simply ended up being ported to PC. As a huge fan of the X series (which are decidedly not console experiences), I see this as little more than a betrayal.

Terribly disappointing.
wow. I was really looking forward to playing this too.

Momentary

Banned
Risk of Rain... most addictive game I've played since Binding of Isaac. Yesterdays peak was in the 2000s now it broke 4,000 concurrent players. This game is going to take off once it hits a discount.

Tenrius

Wait until the summer sale for $20? But what about all dem positive reviews?

There are hundreds or maybe thousands of games which were received similar or better reviews. Chances are, you didn't play a big number of those games and some of them you might actually end up liking more than you will like ACIV. And, most importantly, some of them might already be in your Steam backlog! So you literally don't lose anything if you wait on it and you also get a chance to get some money to boot.

But then again, it's your money and if you feel like playing ACIV tomorrow instead of whenever — by all means, go for it.

Momentary

Banned
There are hundreds or maybe thousands of games which were received similar or better reviews. Chances are, you didn't play a big number of those games and some of them you might actually end up liking more than you will like ACIV. And, most importantly, some of them might already be in your Steam backlog! So you literally don't lose anything if you wait on it and you also get a chance to get some money to boot.

But then again, it's your money and if you feel like playing ACIV tomorrow instead of whenever — by all means, go for it.

Screw it. I haven't even finished ACIII.

But damnit. The moment Metal Gear Rising hits Steam...

Day one.

Yes I know. Has nothing to do with AC, but it had to be said.

Nabs

Screw it. I haven't even finished ACIII.

But damnit. The moment Metal Gear Rising hits Steam...

Day one.

Yes I know. Has nothing to do with AC, but it had to be said.

Whatever you do, stay out of the High Res Screenshot thread. HolyFridge already dropped some stunning shots.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that new Mortal Kombat is 15 bucks!!! I can't fucking wait to play it, OMG. I've been waiting a long time for this.

Momentary

Banned
Whatever you do, stay out of the High Res Screenshot thread. HolyFridge already dropped some stunning shots.

That's what's making me want to drop a few green backs on this game.

BTW: My unit is celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday a few days late; on a Sunday of all things.I normally have 3 special micro brews a week. I'm not one to get smashed like this.

Game is Uplay only on GMG anyways, so that is putting me off. I wanted that 16 bucks deal they got going on.

Barzul

I hate Uplay, Origin I can tolerate, but uplay is so bad. I redeemed a code for AC4 off uplay, but the game doesn't even show up in my games list. What a fucking mess of a client. Why can't everything just be on Steam! *rant over*

That's what's making me want to drop a few green backs on this game.

BTW: My unit is celebrating the Marine Corps Birthday a few days late; on a Sunday of all things.I normally have 3 special micro brews a week. I'm not one to get smashed like this.

Game is Uplay only on GMG anyways, so that is putting me off. I wanted that 16 bucks deal they got going on.
Or you can save some green by playing other games first, it's not going anywhere.

Besides, I hate that new pricing policy.

Nevadatan

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-897D2541C652A9F7 - Taken by WavekSra. 18 entrants total.

t1384753916z1.png

I had that key getting dust since a few months ago.

Nevadatan

Whoever wins this, enjoy! I'm playing it right now and I've been having a blast with it.

aye, better to give it away than letting it there (dunno if steam keys have caducity or something like that)

btw, can somebody inv me to the official group on steam?
ID: nevadita

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
is really AC4 that bad?
i play the first one like 20 minutes and well wasnt bad at all...but i been hear rage over this one.

No it has the prestiguous on of being cool to shit on like call of duty. It's a very respectful honor because it doesnt even require you to play the game for you to be allowed to say it. Not many series allow for that.

Sajjaja

No it has the prestiguous on of being cool to shit on like call of duty. It's a very respectful honor because it doesnt even require you to play the game for you to be allowed to say it. Not many series allow for that.

Stallion knows his stuff.

is really AC4 that bad?
i play the first one like 20 minutes and well wasnt bad at all...but i been hear rage over this one.

It's actually pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom