• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

okayfrog

Banned
I'm guessing I can no longer pre-order Viscera Clean-Up Detail? That's fine with me. I am thinking about picking up the Santa one just because it looks nice and festive.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.

fonv2p3b9h.png

Feels damn good. One of my all time favorite games.

Grief.exe

Whoa, this is a $60 game? Hype levels decreased significantly.

Guess I'll wait till the next summer sale :-(

Its only that way due to Beta, early backers had to pay $55 or up to get the privilege of early testing.

Price will go down significantly on release.

Dr Dogg

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss.

fonv2p3b9h.png

Feels damn good. One of my all time favorite games.

Gratz dude.

I hope you didn't cheese hardcore like I did and made a mad dash for New Vegas, stopping off at a toilet here and there to stock up on water. Knocked out the easiest ending and had my hardcore run done in under 4 hours.

Sometimes I wish Valve implemented a way to reset achievement as something like New Vegas I'd love to do all over again. Oh well I guess there's always the old family sharing exploit.

Jørdan

Sometimes I wish Valve implemented a way to reset achievement as something like New Vegas I'd love to do all over again. Oh well I guess there's always the old family sharing exploit.

Can you do that with Steam achievement manager, not officially supported but I think you can reset them with it?

Dr Dogg

Jørdan;93593967 said:
Can you do that with Steam achievement manager, not officially supported but I think you can reset them with it?

You can use SAM to remove all achievements.

You can use SAM to reset your achievements on New Vegas.

Hahaha blimey. Isn't that a bit risky though as in its not something Valve wants you to be playing with? Not that I want to unlock them which is the only time I've heard of problems.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Gratz dude.

I hope you didn't cheese hardcore like I did and made a mad dash for New Vegas, stopping off at a toilet here and there to stock up on water. Knocked out the easiest ending and had my hardcore run done in under 4 hours.

Nah it took me a little over ten hours doing a pretty straightforward main plot run with nothing skipped (needed the levels though the end was still pretty damn hard). I abused Boone in the second half though and I know the game pretty damn well so the questing was efficient as hell.

So.. Has anybody actually played Wasteland 2 already? I mean - I'm pretty tempted to buy into the beta, as I will get this game eventually anyway, but I don't want to buy it completely blindfolded.

The logical decision here would be to wait until the final product gets launched ( and you get it for less ), but still... It's Wasteland, damn it!! :/

Arthea

So, uh, apparently nobody bought Kingdoms of Amalur:

Those hoping for a Christmas Miracle discount on the Steam version are out of luck, I'm afraid.

oh noes! My hopes killed.
I was playing Skyrim and thinking that I refuse to understand what people find in this, everything feels wrong to me: combat is horrible, a game feels clunky, camera is weird, something is wrong with field of view, it seems horizon is too near or something, not enough feeling of depth, too much of grey colour and OK, I'll stop here while I still can. Did I mentioned that combat is horrible?
So I was thinking that I'd rather would finish Amalur, it is a much better game, even if not very good one.
Oh well, not like I don't have what to play.

Lé Blade Runner;93594585 said:
So.. Has anybody actually played Wasteland 2 already? I mean - I'm pretty tempted to buy into the beta, as I will get this game eventually anyway, but I don't want to buy it completely blindfolded.

The logical decision here would be to wait until the final product gets launched ( and you get it for less ), but still... It's Wasteland, damn it!! :/

Patience will be rewarded with a cheaper price and a better game. I would never buy into a beta.

Derrick01

Banned
Lé Blade Runner;93594585 said:

The beta's like a 10 hour chunk of the game. I can't ruin that much of a RPG before it's out. I didn't download the Human Revolution part that leaked early either for the same reason.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh, I don't really care for the micromanagement. I enjoy the game as a wasteland explorer, not survivor. It's still super lenient and tacked on too.

I think stimpaks not healing you instantly is the one thing I really like about hardcore mode

and I dunno, I enjoy the survivalist thing, I like running out of water and stuff, specially with mods.

Grief.exe

oh noes! My hopes killed.
I was playing Skyrim and thinking that I refuse to understand what people find in this, everything feels wrong to me: combat is horrible, a game feels clunky, camera is weird, something is wrong with field of view, it seems horizon is too near or something, not enough feeling of depth, too much of grey colour and OK, I'll stop here while I still can. Did I mentioned that combat is horrible?
So I was thinking that I'd rather would finish Amalur, it is a much better game, even if not very good one.
Oh well, not like I don't have what to play.

People enjoy Skyrim because of the large open-world that feels interesting. From what I have heard Amalur's world feels empty and lifeless.

Judging Skyrim as a game? Literally every mechanic is quite poor.

Jørdan

Hahaha blimey. Isn't that a bit risky though as in its not something Valve wants you to be playing with? Not that I want to unlock them which is the only time I've heard of problems.

While the tool's author gives no guarantees - as long as your not connecting to a VAC server with it running or using it to abuse an event like the coal thing then it shouldn't cause any concern. Simply resetting achievements to enjoy earning them again is very unlikely to cause a fuss. I've only used it for idling cards which saves Steam and I hundreds of GBs without any issues.

The beta's like a 10 hour chunk of the game. I can't ruin that much of a RPG before it's out. I didn't download the Human Revolution part that leaked early either for the same reason.

Ah, this pretty much decides it, then. Not spending premium on a chunk of an unfinished game. Well - not with this backlog, anyway. Had it been the complete game with minor issues and imbalances, I might have considered ( as I am bad with my money ), but yeah. Don't want to spoil myself.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think stimpaks not healing you instantly is the one thing I really like about hardcore mode

and I dunno, I enjoy the survivalist thing, I like running out of water and stuff, specially with mods.

I'm glad they have settings for both. And I do agree about the stimpacks (and crippling) being really good changes. It makes the combat feel like it has more weight to it when you are actually getting fucked up in different manners consistently (rather than once in a blue moon).

zkylon

zkylewd

I live in south america bro, gimme a break

I've since bought it on steam and retail, gifted like 5 steam copies, gotten myself a collector's edition (tho obs didn't see a dime from this but still boasting about it :3) and went $100 for project eternity. I bought alpha protocol for shitty overpriced argie prices when it came out and gift it pretty much every time it's on sale, etc. etc. I have payed for all of obsidian's games.

I love fallout and I didn't have the money at the time so I pirated it. I know the series from a pirated cd my cousin gifted me like 15 years ago, and now I have fallout 2 like 4 times, fallout 1 3 times, etc. no regrets

Now buy the Eastern European version and 100% it also.
you mean stalker soc

I'm glad they have settings for both. And I do agree about the stimpacks (and crippling) being really good changes. It makes the combat feel like it has more weight to it when you are actually getting fucked up in different manners consistently (rather than once in a blue moon).
oh you can enable that on "casual" mode? that's cool, good on obsidian for doing that

I do disable the permadeath for companions via mods in hardcore mode because it's not really fun since companions can be super random

is the special edition of shadow warrior worth the extra $2?

Not really. I checked out the sledgehammer and hotline miami katana on youtube... hell, I don't even like using the climbing axe from TWD as my melee... it just feels wrong.

Apples/oranges. Comparing an Western RPG from Bethesda to an Action RPG like KoA just doesn't track for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom