• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

:(

zNdRsoh.png

btw FAQ is up: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse/discussions/1/648814395741989999/

Khronico

Everyone who is interested in roguelikes (not roguelike-likes) should get Tales of Maj'Eyal. Thirty minutes in and I'm blown away by how incredibly dense and meaty this game is.

Tenrius

So I got Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage and it's decent fun for like an hour. It's fun poking around, but the actual cleanup is rather tedious, especially if you go for all the achievements. Haven't tried the multiplayer though.

Jørdan

Q: What are the SteamOS Hardware Requirements?

Intel or AMD 64-bit capable processor
4GB or more memory
500GB or larger disk
NVIDIA graphics card (AMD and Intel graphics support coming soon)
UEFI boot support
USB port for installation

Haha, I even fail the HD requirement - that's a new one.

The 1TB requirement is insane... Some of us have SSD drives, you know.

Edit: It says 1tb in the FAQ, but I guess it's actually 500GB. I'm back in the game.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Damn my PS3 controller broke so now I'm forced to use M+KB for singleplayer games like Batman :( and my dog got diarrhea :(. Why does x360ce have to suck so bad for PS2 controllers?

yoshizzle

Wait. Weren't the Steam Machines people emailed? Not even one Gaffer?

I know of 2 Gaffers who got in:

Just got an email from Anna. Holy cow, 0.0711% chance of being selected...

Can't wait to caress those trackpads with me thumbs.

I got in, as well. Just sent off my signed documentation back to Valve. Looks like they're shipping on Friday. Super excited!

(Man, and this is right after I got Google Glass, a new TV, PS4/Xbone, and a Nexus 5. I have too many toys now!)

I'm also anxious to see if I'll be able to, at all, use my Oculus Rift with the Steam Machine. I guess I'll find more out later! Can't wait to try out that controller.

There may be more, not sure though..

So as part of Gamefly's holiday sale, Rocksmith 2014 is $36. Oh geez. I'm oddly tempted, even though I didn't play that much of the original. Opinions? I dun no play guitar good.

I've been tempted to get the older version when it's been on sale for under $10, but you need to hook your sound up via composite or optical or there's too much audio lag for it to be any good.

From what I hear, it's actually good at teaching guitar -- but you need to cop one of those guitar to USB rocksmith cables to even consider it, which is why I've refrained from grabbing it when it's been on sale digitally.

Ravager61

Can anyone tell me if Wasteland 2 is worth spending 60 bucks on right now? Really interested in the game but I'm really reluctant to spend so much on an early access game.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
close, but wrong again, I hail from argentina. lots of drunks here, myself included (at my darkest times, just not at the moment) :p

I have some friends from there, very entertaining, more so when drunk. They like to boast about how much better Argentina is compared to the rest of Latin America; especially Brazil.

Don't drink to forget, that's a dark place to put yourself.
plus I don't really like scotch

I have to meet some friends in a few minutes, if we go to a bar I'll drink for you. :)

also thanks for wondering, I like to make my avatars not-obvious :)

Jawmuncher

Screw you Gamefly Digital.
Lost Planet 3 isn't available in this country YET it let me fully purchase it and didn't cancel until now. I'll just wait for the Steam or GMG sale on it.

Can anyone tell me if Wasteland 2 is worth spending 60 bucks on right now? Really interested in the game but I'm really reluctant to spend so much on an early access game.

Manelli has it for 33 I believe if you check out the buy/trade thread. At that price I don't see how you can go wrong, will probably get a copy myself next week.

neoemonk

So much for my plan of putting Steam OS on my 12 year old laptop that I have lying around here.

Did anybody tell Jase that Saoirse Ronan was on the Nerdist Podcast? Probably because it was a long time ago but I've just been catching up to October.

Dragon Age's combat is kind of clunky. The distance at which you draw aggro from mobs is incredibly far away and obviously designed for the over-the-shoulder camera view because if you use the tactical view you can't even scroll to see where the mob is. Although it's seems a bit better in the indoor environments.

You have to unlock combat queue slots when you level up...just, why? It makes managing some fights more heavy-handed than they need to be, constantly pausing and un-pausing to queue up the actions or pick the targets you want to focus on rather than trusting the A.I. or those pre-made battle scripts. KotOR had it right, you could queue up to three actions on a character, unpause and then adjust as needed. With Dragon Age I have to choose over acquiring or leveling up certain abilities or making combat less micro-intensive to manage. That's kind of stupid.

Copons

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.2. Here is the full changelog:

• Added regional price comparison feature which is fully configurable in options
  • Added sale information to wishlist entries
  • Added "ADD UNOWNED DLC TO CART" button on app pages
  • Added "Buy Wishlist" section to wishlist pages
  • Fixed a bug where some inventory market links were not functioning correctly
  • Fixed a bug where some non-marketable inventory items were incorrectly trying to find market prices

As always, if anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.

It seems that there could be a little bug in regional prices.
I'm in EU2, but the "default" price (let's say, the yellow "=" one) is the USD one, and also I get all prices (between round brackets) converted to USD instead of EUR.

Well, a pic should explain it better:

wzxR02E.png

I also tried to switch around regions in the plugin options putting EU2 on top (because you never know :D ) but of course it doesn't work.

I gave a brief look at the code on GitHub and it seems it should actually deliver my correct regional price in both places, so maybe it just fails to obtain the correct region and defaults to US?

I've been tempted to get the older version when it's been on sale for under $10, but you need to hook your sound up via composite or optical or there's too much audio lag for it to be any good.

From what I hear, it's actually good at teaching guitar -- but you need to cop one of those guitar to USB rocksmith cables to even consider it, which is why I've refrained from grabbing it when it's been on sale digitally.

Yeah, I already have the cable thanks to the first Rocksmith, which sadly I own on 360 instead of PC. I thought I'd read that the best audio was actually via the built-in soundcard and through analog, though? I just have a set of M-Audio speakers hooked up via the 3.5mm speaker out.

Yeah, I already have the cable thanks to the first Rocksmith, which sadly I own on 360 instead of PC. I thought I'd read that the best audio was actually via the built-in soundcard and through analog, though? I just have a set of M-Audio speakers hooked up via the 3.5mm speaker out.

Oh, well, did you play it?
And yeah -- basically, you need to not have sound over HDMI as far as I can tell (which my setup currently has). I saw people looking for PS2/PS3 component cables so they could use it without lag. I pulled the "optical" part out of my ass on the assumption that the audio lag in HDMI is caused by the fact that the signal has to be separated from the visual info before being output to the speakers or whatever. I'm not sure how I'd hook up my PC to my TV not using HDMI for it at this point, which is why I haven't pursued it heavily before.

Well, the "better" part still stands true.

Heh. Yeah, most likely. I just saw one of the regular steam gift/key sellers in there list it earlier and noted it because people were talking about it in here (regarding the 55/60$ price).

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.2. Here is the full changelog:

• Added regional price comparison feature which is fully configurable in options
  • Added sale information to wishlist entries
    [*]Added "ADD UNOWNED DLC TO CART" button on app pages
    [*]Added "Buy Wishlist" section to wishlist pages
  • Fixed a bug where some inventory market links were not functioning correctly
  • Fixed a bug where some non-marketable inventory items were incorrectly trying to find market prices

As always, if anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.

I see you added JaseC buttons. Nicely done

Do you want to spend $60 to beta test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom