• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Beta client update
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/1787099106169030299

WqmyAn8.png

0Va0U6r.png

Noogy

Apologies for the self-pimpage, but I'll soon be offering Mac and Linux versions of Dust: An Elysian Tail, and the ports of course will be free to anyone who already owns the Windows version. Just in time for SteamOS :)

cicero

Apologies for the self-pimpage, but I'll soon be offering Mac and Linux versions of Dust: An Elysian Tail, and the ports of course will be free to anyone who already owns the Windows version. Just in time for SteamOS :)

Any chance that might include a replacement voice track for Fidget? I'm thinking gruff old man ex marine corp drill instructor.

Day Minus 10 if they let me throw money at them now. Especially if it's some budget price like $29.99. Loved it on PS3, even bought the DLC but never played it (was probably waiting until I got into it again on PC). HURRY UP!

Postal 2 Complete has the best Achievements on Steam

Damn!
Cold-blooded.

Pimp away

Agreed.

Internally we joked she should sound like Nel Carter, after having smoked decades of cigars.

Would've made a nice easter egg.

As Grief said, pimp away. Your game was excellent, sir. It has the honor of being the first game I got 100% of the achievements for on Steam. ;)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you do in the future.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's okay, you can submit up to 5 games, one person only submitted one game if I recall.

Guess who!

Did anybody tell Jase that Saoirse Ronan was on the Nerdist Podcast? Probably because it was a long time ago but I've just been catching up to October.
Edit: She was on the Nerdist podcast today. The episode runs for about 54 minutes.

;) I haven't listed to it yet, though, so thanks for the reminder!

Turfster

Another Nuuvem deal, 2 for 30R$
  • Castle of Illusion (Steam)
  • Crysis 2 Maximum edition (Origin)
  • FIFA 13 (Origin)
  • I am Alive (TAGES)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Origin)
  • Mount and Blade Collection (Steam)
  • Puddle (Steam)
  • Civilization V (Steam)
  • Teleglitch (Steam)
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist (Uplay)

Derrick01

Banned
Killzone was so god awful that I didn't even finish it and I feel like starting the Wasteland beta after all just to wash the awfulness away. That's how bad it was, that it's close to getting me to break my no beta rule.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It seems that there could be a little bug in regional prices.
I'm in EU2, but the "default" price (let's say, the yellow "=" one) is the USD one, and also I get all prices (between round brackets) converted to USD instead of EUR.

I also tried to switch around regions in the plugin options putting EU2 on top (because you never know :D ) but of course it doesn't work.

I gave a brief look at the code on GitHub and it seems it should actually deliver my correct regional price in both places, so maybe it just fails to obtain the correct region and defaults to US?

That's a pretty weird error and I'm not able to replicate it on this end. Basically, the code should be adding your own region to the list of regions it pulls pricing data for, then gets the amount and currency type that Steam returns in it's API.

What country are you in? You can PM me if you'd like.

denx

Guys, what's the cheaper option to connect a xbox360 controller to my PC?

All wired 360 PC controllers have a USB adapter. That's the cheapest and easiest way to connect your 360 controller to a PC.

I don't have a wireless 360 controller so I don't know how that works.

DukeBobby

Killzone was so god awful that I didn't even finish it and I feel like starting the Wasteland beta after all just to wash the awfulness away. That's how bad it was, that it's close to getting me to break my no beta rule.

Killzone is one of the worst games I've played this year. I can't recall a single moment where I was having fun.

All wired 360 PC controllers have a USB adapter. That's the cheapest and easiest way to connect your 360 controller to a PC.

I don't have a wireless 360 controller so I don't know how that works.

Yeah it's a little confusing. Thing is, I want one to play Steam games, and a friend has like 6 360 controllers.

Thanks! that's the kind of answer was hoping for.

JaseC

I'm calling bollocks on what Tony was told. The key activates the regular retail sub and there are only two data depots tied to it: Spectromancer and Spectromancer Russian. I didn't own the game so $2 for it alone is fine, but those expecting DLC should avoid this.

Edit: Oh, I misread the post slightly. The DLC key activates Gathering of Power, as expected, but again there are no additional data depots, just 22503 and 22504, both of which are tied only to GoP, so unless there's some funky voodoo going on you don't actually get the two DLC items mentioned.

Edit edit: Apparently GoP includes the content present in the two mentioned pieces of DLC. I'd recommend a product title update, though, since technically you don't receive them.

Also, Teslagrad looks amazing but I need to stop eating into my sale funds as I'm already going to have less than I'd expected to (thanks Christmas, you jerk).

I'm weak. :(

halprbz08.jpg

My mommy who is the best mommy in the world got me a shitload of Gabens for The Birth of Christ, and they are now sitting in my Steam waiting for the sale.

Watching.

Bidding their times.

btw thank you for the Christ Present, Jason Ronan.

Derrick01

Banned
Killzone is one of the worst games I've played this year. I can't recall a single moment where I was having fun.

Well it's no Tomb Raider or AC4 but I may have to bump Saints Row from the 3rd spot on my woty list for it. As I said in the OT it takes a rare game to make me not want to even finish it.

DukeBobby

Well it's no Tomb Raider or AC4 but I may have to bump Saints Row from the 3rd spot on my woty list for it. As I said in the OT it takes a rare game to make me not want to even finish it.

So, AC4 is pretty bad, huh?

I've heard that it's the best in the series since AC2, but that means nothing to me because I thought 2 was thoroughly mediocre.

JaseC

I've heard that it's the best in the series since AC2, but that means nothing to me because I thought 2 was thoroughly mediocre.

I'd put it ahead of Revelations and 3 but behind 2/Brotherhood and the original, so: AC1 > AC2 ~ Brotherhood > Black Flag > Revelations > AC3.

Derrick01

Banned

They're all pretty bad to me and all for the same reasons mostly. The only advantage the earlier games have is that they don't have some of the tacked on crappy additions the expansion packs and 3 & 4 had.

FloatOn

I'd put it ahead of Revelations and 3 but behind 2/Brotherhood and the original, so: AC1 > AC2 ~ Brotherhood > Black Flag > Revelations > AC3.

somehow I managed to beat the first game but it was so bad that I have no desire to play the rest of the series.

I've always heard that 2 was much better though so I would like to hear why you think the original is better.

somehow I managed to beat the first game but it was so bad that I have no desire to play the rest of the series.

I've always heard that 2 was much better though so I would like to hear why you think the original is better.
I dropped the first one half way, and watched the ending on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom