• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
man I gotta wait a whole day to play more hate plus, what the hell

christine love you bitch lol :p

I started over with different analogue endings and it's pretty crazy the game supports having totally different characters

Make sure you have a save that is from the secret
harem
ending from Analogue.

Best way to play Hate Plus. (Which is what I assume you mean by supporting different characters so this is really a forewarning for everyone else GET THE SECRET ENDING)

zkylon

zkylewd
Make sure you have a save that is from the secret
harem
ending from Analogue.

Best way to play Hate Plus. (Which is what I assume you mean by supporting different characters so this is really a forewarning for everyone else GET THE SECRET ENDING)
yea I just tried that one out for a bit and I'm considering switching that one for my "main"

the one I'm using right now is
friendzoned hyun-ae
. it's the one that felt the most 'right' for me when I finished analogue

I really wish someone like irrational hired christine love as a part time writer and had her write a shit ton of audiologs. like imagine the possibilities

Can anyone here vouch for The Bureau? Worth it at $12?

15 hours worth of alien shootan' filled with delicious taction, squad customization, upgrades, weapon discovery including beautiful graphics?

6922FDD90D6FB1505DF85481C119E652E8A15CE0

9D2772E6E6EFDE9108DAB0BFD8F56D5F0755E007

0267C9913A9E53B9E3A28BB612B0AEFE56BFE783

What's not to like?

jediyoshi

Steam OS just looks like Big Picture Mode, which I currently curse on a regular basis. Is that an accurate assessment?

Sure. Although if you're already not looking for a controller navigable UI for Steam or HTPC front end, it's not necessarily meant to replace your work desktop computer OS. Ideally in the future, all other things being equal for playing games, it'll save OEMs and people money on another Windows license for a box they'll just be throwing under a TV.

Jawmuncher

oh sweet just noticed I hit 5 years today at 1:22am.
So that and 300+ games hit in the same month is pretty cool.

TO BAD I CAN'T DO THIS GIVEAWAY SINCE MODNOT IS BORKED

I'm calling bollocks on what Tony was told. The key activates the regular retail sub and there are only two data depots tied to it: Spectromancer and Spectromancer Russian. I didn't own the game so $2 for it alone is fine, but those expecting DLC should avoid this.

Edit: Oh, I misread the post slightly. The DLC key activates Gathering of Power, as expected, but again there are no additional data depots, just 22503 and 22504, both of which are tied only to GoP, so unless there's some funky voodoo going on you don't actually get the two DLC items mentioned.

You don't get the other two expansions because there's no real need as all the content from them is included in Gathering of Power. The only reason the previous expansions are available is for people who want to play with them without the additional content from GoP (apparently the campaign was changed so this isn't as daft as it sounds). This really should be made clearer on the store page.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to. Of course you'll miss out on that +2 to your DLC count so I guess that could be considered another reason for wanting to buy the previous expansions, but for most people there's no point to getting them.

Grief.exe

One of the random picks on GOG just turned out to be Indigo Prophecy for $1.50, instantly bought.

Been waiting to experience this one again for a long time. I played it originally on the game's launch on Xbox 1 and haven't played it since.

You broke modbot Jaw!

Anything cool?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
What's wrong with x360ce? ^^; I've never had any issues with it...

It works like 20% of games with my PS2 controller then all the other games it has weird problems like in Batman Arkham Asylum the sticks are inverted and buttons change to odd places like A to RT X to Start and other stuff no matter what settings I use.

Divius

Time to clear up some of my backlog. Today I will finish Mark of the Ninja and start on a next game in my backlog! I'm at chapter 12 and have no idea how many more will follow (it seems like this might be one of the last).

Time to ninja it up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You don't get the other two expansions because there's no real need as all the content from them is included in Gathering of Power.

That came to mind so I checked the GoP store page prior to editing but it made no mention of including past content. My point wasn't in regard to DLC count; I thought Tony had been misinformed.

Just came back from the store, grabbed Sonic Generations, R.U.S.E and Football Manager 2011 ( wasn't sure if this one came with steam key ).

Now if only I could find a FM2013 copy :(

Also grabbed a Football Manager 2012 copy in case any gaffer wants it.

Gaaraz

Brilliant, thank you - I'm from the UK (sorry, should have mentioned that) and can't find them anywhere though - will keep looking :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just came back from the store, grabbed Sonic Generations, R.U.S.E and Football Manager 2011 ( wasn't sure if this one came with steam key ).

Now if only I could find a FM2013 copy :(

Also grabbed a Football Manager 2012 copy in case any gaffer wants it.

FM 2009 and onwards are Steam works.

That came to mind so I checked the GoP store page prior to editing but it made no mention of including past content. My point wasn't in regard to DLC count; I thought Tony had been misinformed.

Yeah, the store page is missing some pretty vital information. If you go to purchase GoP from in the basic game it will tell you:

"Purchase the Gathering of Power expansion to get these exciting new features:

- Everything from the 'League of Heroes and 'Truth and Beauty' expansions."

Wonder how many people have bought all the expansions without knowing this.

Milamber

Ugh, Viscera Cleanup Detail Xmas Edition is not for the OCD. Some of these achievements are bloody frustrating! Burn 50 Santa hats!? I could barely find 5!

dani_dc

I'm going to the (local) Comic Con in a few hours. No chance of seeing anything related to games there, right?

You'll probably see a few people cosplaying as gaming characters, as well as gaming merchandising, sometimes there are also gaming tournaments at those events.

The important thing is that you take a camera with you for pictures.

Dr Dogg

Hmmm a funny thing just happened when I booted up an old laptop earlier. Forgot I had my main PC on all night downloading and still logged into Steam so when Steam opened up a notification popped up saying "In Home Streaming - You are now logged in to Main-PC".

Have I missed something in the new beta client update notes or are IHS invites going out already? Will have a play around and report back if anything significant.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You'll probably see a few people cosplaying as gaming characters, as well as gaming merchandising, sometimes there are also gaming tournaments at those events.

The important thing is that you take a camera with you for pictures.
I could do with some Portal stuff. Or maybe something Pokemon Y-related.

I have my phone with me. Though I'm not really a fan of taking photos (and even less of appearing in them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom