• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XShagrath

You know you have it bad when you have dreams about Winter Sale! Here's how it went for me.

Winter Sale started, and everything was only marked down like 10%. The idea behind this sale is by playing a game, you'd get randomly get coupons in your inventory for DLC for that game, or for other games from that publisher. The discounts would vary, and there was mass trading within the community for various coupons.

In the dream, I actually thought it was a pretty nifty idea. But in reality, I'd probably hate it.

XShagrath

Posted this on the bottom of the last page. Thought it was funny/worthy enough for people to actually see.

You know you have it bad when you have dreams about Winter Sale! Here's how it went for me.

Winter Sale started, and everything was only marked down like 10%. The idea behind this sale is by playing a game, you'd get randomly get coupons in your inventory for DLC for that game, or for other games from that publisher. The discounts would vary, and there was mass trading within the community for various coupons.

In the dream, I actually thought it was a pretty nifty idea. But in reality, I'd probably hate it.

Dr Dogg

I've seen nothing about it. The only other beta that went live is Family Control.

Yeah it definitely doesn't seam live but it does look like the infrastructure, or maybe only a bit of it is In place. Saying that after about 10 restarts I've only had it come up twice. It immediately logs me off of the connected machine and after entering my password logs off the other machine. I'll try and grab a picture.

MKUltra

So Metal Gear Rising should be on Steam any day soon according to the new Kojima Productions podcast. If all the DLC is included I'll definitely double dip.
EDIT: Just noticed somebody already made a thread.

Divius

Deadly Premonition! it's the best game out of that lot personally though I haven't played Fez.
Fez is a good one. Alice drags... and drags...It's worth playing, but I don't know if you want to do it while you're rolling through your backlog.
I've played all three games for a bit already;
Loved Deadly Premonition, but it kept crashing at a certain point (I checked and I can move beyond there now, can't wait to continue that crazy journey.)
Fez I played for 30 minutes but am definitely ready to jump into it
Alice: MR I played for 2 hours but already was bored with it (incredible bland gameplay), but I believe someone on GAF gifted it to me and I don't want to be rude so I guess I should play some more :p

edit: I'm also a few hours into Hard Reset, maybe I should finish that first.

Tenrius

Not the library view debate again!
detailed view best

I haven't seen any reaction to the survey I posted two pages ago so I'm reposting it, hopefully it will get more attention now... It's a study about how players build up a backlog of games. It only takes like 2 minutes to fill!
https://famousaspect.typeform.com/to/fbsGuh

Divius: Fez is my 2013 Steam GOTY, so...

I filled it out and told them all about my stance on backlogs (in short, I think it's a good thing). Hope they like it!

Iseeyou

Banned
This is probably of topic, but uh can you install Steam OS beta on a flashstick, or do you absolutely need a 500GB hard drive? I'm not ready to waste a hard drive just to see the novelty of linux.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Answered the survey as well.

I had a feel good moment when I realized thanks to this survey I haven't bought any used games this year. Not a big deal, but I like supporting developers when I buy games.

Dr Dogg

When the inevitable zombie apocalypse is upon us (it's happening like it or not) and we all have to live in shelters I'll be laughing at those naysayers whilst I escape to my backlog.

This is probably of topic, but uh can you install Steam OS beta on a flashstick, or do you absolutely need a 500GB hard drive? I'm not ready to waste a hard drive just to see the novelty of linux.

You're better off trying Mint or Ubuntu if you want to experience Linux. SteamOS in its current state isn't worth it for novices or average users.

Dambrosi

Banned
Not the library view debate again!

I haven't seen any reaction to the survey I posted two pages ago so I'm reposting it, hopefully it will get more attention now... It's a study about how players build up a backlog of games. It only takes like 2 minutes to fill!
https://famousaspect.typeform.com/to/fbsGuh

Divius: Fez is my 2013 Steam GOTY, so...
What, over Risk Of Rain or Bioshock Infinite? Dude, really?

Anyway, just finished the survey. Painless enough. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Jawmuncher

What, over Risk Of Rain or Bioshock Infinite? Dude, really?

Anyway, just finished the survey. Painless enough. Looking forward to seeing the results.

My PC game of the year was Resident Evil 6.
Hell I even put Aliens Colonial Marines above Bioshock Infinite.
Some people's taste just are different from the norm.

dani_dc

"Invalid Product Key".

Time to contact their customers support.

Anyone else getting this issue when trying to register it on Steam?

Well, I got a reply within 5 minutes, which was surprisingly fast.
Apparently the order got rejected *after* the purchase, and thus the code got canceled.
How peculiar.

cicero

I made it. worst procedure ever.
I agree, I think it took me like twenty minutes to finally get through it all.

It also doesn't net you the Steamtech UI DLC, which is supposed to be free if you buy the game before the 19th.

Edit: Looking at the game's subs, it's included in the store sub but none of the retail subs.
Seeing that was annoying..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/259680/discussions/1/630799997190530790/#c630799997355014363
DarkGod [developer] 25 minutes ago
Sorry this is indee dnot much clear, it's a bonus for the steam launch so yeah only available there. When the promotion ends it'll be available on steam as a separate dlc (very cheap obviously)

Apparently they removed the specific Tales of Maj'Eyal - Steamtech UI DLC page, which had been a bit confusing for anyone redeeming a key. Hopefully the DLC ends up being as cheap as he implies... On a different note, I do love the idea of a roguelike game like this having 1225 Steam Achievements.

Anteater

damn it i can't fix all the stupid grass bugs I seem to be getting in the witcher 2, I've installed all the grass color fix and eatchildren's mod too.

Jawmuncher

Jørdan;93645209 said:
Has anyone contacted Stump about ModBot? I tried myself there to create a giveaway and I haven't had a response yet. I'll send a PM if no one else has already.

Yeah you should send him one.
Thought it would be fixed by now.

Uninstalled Skyrim again. For the last time? Doubtful. But I needed a break because all I seem to do in that game anymore is take pictures and mess with hair/makeup/clothing.
You mean there's more to do in that game than those things!?
What library view do SteamGAF use?

Grid view FTW. Why would I need detailed view when I got all of the detail I need to play th game in grid view? I also like custom icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom