• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Rubezh said:
Psh, not dudebro enough. Here's mine.
gameclient2010-05-2523wdrd.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
How do you get your keys from Mirror's edge?

I don't want to redownload and install all that shit just for the cdkey.

Gvaz said:
How do you get your keys from Mirror's edge?

I don't want to redownload and install all that shit just for the cdkey.
Be honest with support. Tell them you purchased it via Steam and provide a screen cap. There is a post from EA rep saying they will try to assist. It will come down to whims of support

Blizzard

Banned
Ledsen said:
So is that the most nude you can make your character? If the answer is "no" I may play this game.
I think that was the most obnoxious character I could create, unfortunately. But that was months ago so who knows what changes they've added! ^.~

MRORANGE

LovingSteam said:
Be honest with support. Tell them you purchased it via Steam and provide a screen cap. There is a post from EA rep saying they will try to assist. It will come down to whims of support

what's to stop me from photoshopping pics all of ea titles into my steam library ?

(granted new games will give you cd keys) still seems slightly flawed on EA's part.

MRORANGE said:
what's to stop me from photoshopping pics all of ea titles into my steam library ?

(granted new games will give you cd keys) still seems slightly flawed on EA's part.
Nothing. I suspect if you do it more than once for a couple of games they will refuse. I only did 2 for games that didnt have the key for (DS and ME).

Looking on Amnesia's forum, it seems I'm basically fucked. Another user had the exact same issues. The problem is it wants to use my integrated Intel graphics card instead of my Radeon card. Even if I go to the Catalyst Control Center and change which card the program uses it still uses the Intel card.

Oh well. One game to remove from my wishlist.

In regards to the cd keys for EA games purchased through Steam, isn't there a run command to view a specific registry that show the keys for all installed applications?

PaulLFC

jaundicejuice said:
In regards to the cd keys for EA games purchased through Steam, isn't there a run command to view a specific registry that show the keys for all installed applications?

Not sure about a command, but Game Key Revealer will show you CD keys for all/at least most of your installed games. Found all of my EA games as far as I could tell when I ran it.

Was gonna go for a four pack, but its getting late so I just bought it for £2.50. My backlog is bigger than the galactic circumference, so hopefully I'll get round to actually playing this one day.

Carm

ChaoticEko said:
So, Im looking at my collection of games, I realize, In alphabetical order, my list is missing only a game that starts with I, another with Q, and lastly, one with Z. Any suggestions on games that start with those letters so I can have a FULLY alphabetized list?

If you havn't picked up that bland game Zeno Clash yet, you could be playing Zombie Driver instead.

http://www.zombiedriver.com/news.php5

Screenshot_20100407_03.JPG

Joe Molotov

ChaoticEko said:
So, Im looking at my collection of games, I realize, In alphabetical order, my list is missing only a game that starts with I, another with Q, and lastly, one with Z. Any suggestions on games that start with those letters so I can have a FULLY alphabetized list?

You should have gotten Zuma's Revenge a few weeks ago when it was a $5 daily deal.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yes it is. Amazingly, it plays worse than it looks:

I'm going to give Spiral Knights a try now.

Really? I mean, sure, it's not going to win any awards for its art style, but it's not hideous. Dated, maybe, but it's not ugly.

Card Boy

Banned
Everyone should buy Monday Night Combat, it's probably one of the better Indie Multiplayer only titles around and actually had people playing in the top 100 before the sale even happened.

If you already have the 360 version and are on the fence i recommend picking it up. It has more post game support updates compared to the Xbox version.

I saw a comment on the Steam forums and I agree that the PC and 360 version of MNC is like the PC/360 version of TF2 in terms of updates, meaning they are sort of like different games.

Gez said:
Everyone should buy Monday Night Combat, it's probably one of the better Indie Multiplayer only titles around and actually had people playing in the top 100 before the sale even happened.
Yup, I hope this sale gets more people into it. Such a great underrated game, and there's a surprising amount of depth to it.

I started playing Spiral Knights -- not bad for a free-to-play game. I imagine the gameplay limitations on the free version will start to grate on me after a while, but for the moment it's a pretty fun ride.

rohlfinator said:
I started playing Spiral Knights -- not bad for a free-to-play game. I imagine the gameplay limitations on the free version will start to grate on me after a while, but for the moment it's a pretty fun ride.

These are my current thoughts on it.

But what do you mean by "free version" I didn't see any options to make a subscription or buy the game.

I did see an online shop or whatever it was called though.

Joe Molotov

DualShadow said:
But what do you mean by "free version" I didn't see any options to make a subscription or buy the game.

He's probably talking about the $20 Starter Pack thing that gives you a ton of energy and other stuff. Just using the energy that the game gives you (100 points a day), you run out of energy pretty quick in dungeons, and then crafting using energy too. You can buy some with in-game currency from the Auction House, but it's pretty expensive too.

Rufus

DualShadow said:

Which is likely what he's talking about, free2play doesn't mean the developers/publishers don't make money. Hello there, microtransactions.

Rufus said:
Which is likely what he's talking about, free2play doesn't mean the developers/publishers don't make money. Hello there, microtransactions.

Oh yeah of course I'm aware the company still makes money via micro transactions.

Just wasn't sure if I had missed something else.

What's GAF's thoughts on micro transactions?

I've never really thought about but I guess if I was enjoying a game enough and they had things that were reasonably priced I would consider it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Monday Night Combat 4 pack is like, 90 cents savings, isn't it?

Unless you can paypal gift the money, with the paypal tax the price will be pretty much the same

Sanic

drizzle said:
Unless you can paypal gift the money, with the paypal tax the price will be pretty much the same

Would there be a reason we couldn't? I haven't sent money over paypal in over five years, and I assumed people used the gift option when doing four packs here.

Weenerz said:
Now I know which F2P game to skip.

No joke. Any reliable way to scrub this shit out, short of a full format? It's probably fine, there's a couple of big-name games on that list using it, but I don't totally trust it, and I don't like that it was put there without a single Yes/No prompt. And then shortly after that I had my first BSOD in quite a long while.

gotee12

Pandoracell said:
Would there be a reason we couldn't? I haven't sent money over paypal in over five years, and I assumed people used the gift option when doing four packs here.
Gift option bypasses any Paypal fees but you are unable to submit a claim in case you got cheated, never received product, etc. Usually on gaf you paypal gift everything unless it's an expensive item.

Kulock said:
No joke. Any reliable way to scrub this shit out, short of a full format? It's probably fine, there's a couple of big-name games on that list using it, but I don't totally trust it, and I don't like that it was put there without a single Yes/No prompt. And then shortly after that I had my first BSOD in quite a long while.

It works.

DualShadow said:

Yeah, I meant what's available to you without buying any microtransactions.

The 100 energy per day seems like it'll put a huge damper on how much you can play, and some of the late-game stuff looks like it would be nearly impossible without buying more energy. 3-star items cost 200 energy to craft, so just to do that you'd have to buy an energy pack from the auction house and use your full day's energy, and that just gets you one item. And then the highest level stuff takes 800 energy to craft.

Maybe once you get deeper into the game it's easier to get money, but right now the prospect of buying energy with in-game money seems really expensive to me. I expect to hit a wall at some point where it'll take like, a month of playing in order to earn the money/materials to do anything.

LocoMrPollock said:
Yeah, especially a 88kb one huh? Heh. No worries, it works, but you could search for a verified source if you want.

I think that's what I'll do, but I do appreciate the help. And if someone else could help verify it works, that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom