• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dambrosi

Banned
No You Monster DLC -50% on its own? :(

Sucks, but if you don't actually have DG (I don't, but I don't normally like tower defense games (except maybe Sanctum, Orcs Must Die! and Anomaly (though the last two don't really count as tower defense, with OMD! being more like Tecmo's Deception and Anomaly being more of a "tower assault" game with really nice presentation))), then now is the time to go for it!

In other breaking news, that Humble Bundle, eh? I only own Jamestown, the old freeware version of Cave Story and SMB on the 360 out of it, so I'll definitely bite above average price, especially for GSB. My poor backlog nooooooooooooooooo <:(

Sanjay

tumblr_luvr4fYAEp1r4u912o1_500.jpg

Wow you look just like Kanye West.

kswiston

For me Steam sales and Indie bundles have brought down the cost/value of all indie games. Anything over $5 is overpriced because it'll be below that in short time.

Doesn't help anyone's argument when Limbo, Orcs Must Die, Bastion, and Dungeon Defenders all had sales for $2.50-$5 within 2-5 months of launch.

I too like supporting indie developers, but I am not exactly swimming in money, and can't afford to pay $15 for a game that will be on sale for $4 before I have a chance to play it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The past few posts have reminded me of the fact that Matt and Trey need to make another Baseketball film.

Dambrosi

Banned
Doesn't help anyone's argument when Limbo, Orcs Must Die, Bastion, and Dungeon Defenders all had sales for $2.50-$5 within 2-5 months of launch.

I too like supporting indie developers, but I am not exactly swimming in money, and can't afford to pay $15 for a game that will be on sale for $4 before I have a chance to play it.

Anything that brings downward pressure on games prices in general is a good thing IMO, but I do wonder about the margins on these indie games. Obviously, "Big Indie" games like Super Meat Boy, Limbo and Bastion, which have major pubs and/or multiplatform releases behind them, have already made their money (or am I mistaken in that assumption? I'd really like some devs to give us some insight on this subject, myself), but what about stuff like Nightsky, or Jamestown? Didn't gratuitous Space Battles' dev once criticise such indie bundles for pretty much this reason? Odd, then, that their game should be part of one, no?

kswiston

Anything that brings downward pressure on games prices in general is a good thing IMO, but I do wonder about the margins on these indie games. Obviously, "Big Indie" games like Super Meat Boy, Limbo and Bastion, which have major pubs and/or multiplatform releases behind them, have already made their money (or am I mistaken in that assumption? I'd really like some devs to give us some insight on this subject, myself), but what about stuff like Nightsky, or Jamestown? Didn't gratuitous Space Battles' dev once criticise such indie bundles for pretty much this reason? Odd, then, that their game should be part of one, no?

The humble indie bundles sell over 1 million copies. That is a lot of revenue at an average of $5 a sale, even if the money is split 5-7 ways.

EDIT: Humble indie bundle is bought. 4 of the 7 games are games that I don't already have, and I have been eyeing Shank and Nightsky for some time

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have Jamestown and Super Meat Boy and don't want the others cept Bit.Trip, which I only want a little.

Pass!

For the first time I'm going to skip a humble bundle :(

I own all of the games except cave story (which I've beaten like 3 times on pc and then on wii ware) and shank (which I just played the crap out of on psn). If it was like indie royale where I could gift individual game keys I would buy it and give them out.

1-D_FTW

Funny to watch it. Windows kept steadily falling off a cliff, and then bam, some big roller put in a huge bid and drove up the entire purchase price by 2.00 dollars. Notch, maybe?

kswiston

Surely witcher 2 is atleast a year old? Have I been remembering things wrong?

May 17, 2011

EDIT: beaten badly. Games from the first half of the year do feel like they were released forever ago though. I blame the ton of quality titles released in 2011.

DSmalls84

Picked up the Humble Bundle and was wondering if any of the games are giftable? Already have SMB but would like to pass an extra on to a friend.

MNC

I geddit, I geddit! I was sure that the game was on sale last christmas as well. Wow, something is messing with my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom