• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe a new HIB is coming so soon, the Frozen Synapse Bundle ended less than a month ago.

Big news anyway of course, the more the better. And I don't have any of those games, so it's perfect for me.

MRORANGE

animlboogy said:
What is the best way to trade TF2 stuff for games?

I don't care about hats. I'll keep most weapons, but I'll give up any hats for games... or weapons. (I'm not immune to digital property nonsense!)

ask in steam trading OT or got to the steam forums and ask what your gear is worth, there is also tf2 wiki which teals how much your items cost.

Derrick01

Banned
Sophuis said:
How likely is some sort of discount on Skyrim before it releases? I'm hesitant to buy Skyrim at full price right now. Does it make sense to wait? If they're doing any kind of discount, how far in advance is that, usually?

At this point it looks like any significant discount is unlikely. Newegg just had one for around $48 but I don't believe they had free release day delivery and Amazon so far has not matched it.

Digitally other than the D2D deal posted above I haven't seen anything. Green man gaming not making a deal with Bethesda in time really hurt because if anyone would have had a good pre-release deal it would have been them. I'm about a week and a half away from just reluctantly buying it on Steam for $60.

Caerith

Dice said:
These things usually expand, right?
Historically, yes, other developers have signed on later during the bundle, but this new one follows pretty closely on the heels of the Frozen Synapse Bundle and #3, so I wouldn't be surprised if the pool of interested developers is spread a little thin, like butter scraped over too much bread.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Derrick01 said:
At this point it looks like any significant discount is unlikely. Newegg just had one for around $48 but I don't believe they had free release day delivery and Amazon so far has not matched it.

Digitally other than the D2D deal posted above I haven't seen anything. Green man gaming not making a deal with Bethesda in time really hurt because if anyone would have had a good pre-release deal it would have been them. I'm about a week and a half away from just reluctantly buying it on Steam for $60.

Why wouldn't you grab it on D2D? It will activate on Steam.

wilflare said:
hope they add Serious Sam: The Random Encounter to it #wishfulthinking
I needs to stop byuing indues from steam: i just bought Block That Matter. When I bought Edge, the day after came to Rush/edge/toki thing pack for same price. Not that I complain about price 10$ or less, but it's a bad feeling of having less for buying. Indies are the only games that you should wait to pay less and have lots mores

Nelo Ice

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
I needs to stop byuing indues from steam: i just bought Block That Matter. When I bought Edge, the day after came to Rush/edge/toki thing pack for same price. Not that I complain about price 10$ or less, but it's a bad feeling of having less for buying. Indies are the only games that you should wait to pay less and have lots mores

Yeah theres really no reason to buy indies at launch unless u want it now or want to support since they drop like rocks ludicrously fast. On top of the bundles valve may even have the $5 packs again like last year when everyone bought recttear for $5 with 4 free games.

Caerith

Nelo Ice said:
Yeah theres really no reason to buy indies at launch unless u want it now or want to support since they drop like rocks ludicrously fast. On top of the bundles valve may even have the $5 packs again like last year when everyone bought recttear for $5 with 4 free games.
I think that applies to any game, indie or otherwise.

Nelo Ice said:
Indeed I remember that. I should also stop buying because Steam made great indie pack last year and I start to have a good backlog and very few indie titles that I have on my read arent on it.

No time to get lots of money on my steam wallet because my cc will expire before the Christmas sale and I'm not sure I'll receive the new one from oversea in time. I will have the chance to get into my first Christmas sale in three years! Getting ready and stuff :D

Nelo Ice

Banned
Caerith said:
I think that applies to any game, indie or otherwise.

Yeah but in particular indie games just arent worth buying at the cheap prices when they'll be stupid cheap anyway. As for retail games to yeah I only buy on a sale and highest i'll pay is $30-$35 around launch.

Also as a Mac player I tend to buy first day all indies that are available day one for osx. It's my part supporting the devs give to the plateform, 5 to 10$ at the time. That's why I bought Isaac and Block that Matters (even if they were also appealing to me of course)

Chesskid1

Banned
if anyone cares about turnaround for the humble indie bundle.

drkirby discovered "Frozen Synapse Humble Indie Bundle Retail" in the registry on 9/27. link

it went live on 9/28 (wednesday)

so shouldn't be too long of a wait, they work fast. wee.

Sober

Nelo Ice said:
Just bought Dungeons of Dredmor a few days and put 12 hours into it now, hoping it wouldn't get a sale or bundle yet. Worth the 5$ regardless IMO.

Aselith

So, I went to play some games on Impulse today and I updated the client to check out a game deal that was going on and this is what came before my eyes. Gamestop is...uh...really trying to bring the in-store experience to their website.

GameStoplol.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Gamestop buying Impulse was the best thing to happen to Impulse. The whole 'We won't stock Steamworks games' approach wasn't smart and all it did was make them less money.

Caerith

Sober said:
Just bought Dungeons of Dredmor a few days and put 12 hours into it now, hoping it wouldn't get a sale or bundle yet. Worth the 5$ regardless IMO.
Even if it does go on sale, it's hard to get buyer's remorse over a buck or two.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The funny thing is that despite the ad banners taking up half the screen, they're pretty difficulty to read. What a cluttered mess.

Fucking Gamestop. Please just leave us alone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
archnemesis said:
Apparently, he got banned for 6 months for being a 'terrible poster'. I'm sure you can send him a message over Steam if you want to find out more.

would-you-like-to-knowgf95.jpg

MNC

NaM said:
UK only right? I have to buy bf3 today (I know I know), and that 33 euros for LE is just too tempting.
So I guess the rumor that said EA and Valve were in the final stage of a deal to bring BF3 to steam wasn't true at all.
Nope, every country can buy it. Thing is, you get billed in pounds, therefor the exchange rates are actually proper! Its the cheapest bf3 variant i found online. If i didnt have exams next week, i wouldve bought it there. But because i do, i preordered a physical copy for a friend to hold back until i finish my exams :p

MRORANGE

Syphon Filter said:
Anyone what it means when the small cloud on your games have a question mark over them?

it means your steam cloud save files may be corrupt by another version (if your playing the same game on two computers) just chose the version you want to keep.

PaulLFC

Airline Tycoon 2 has been released. $25.49 in the US, £25.49 in the UK (
KuGsj.gif
) - adding Kalypso to my list of "publishers who don't know how to use a currency converter". It's even more expensive in Europe, 34 euros!

archnemesis said:
Apparently, he got banned for 6 months for being a 'terrible poster'. I'm sure you can send him a message over Steam if you want to find out more.
are you shitting me?
first kayser now salsa..
no offense, but moderation can use some.. you know... moderation?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe it has something to do with Uncharted

PaulLFC said:
Airline Tycoon 2 has been released. $25.49 in the US, £25.49 in the UK (
KuGsj.gif
) - adding Kalypso to my list of "publishers who don't know how to use a currency converter". It's even more expensive in Europe, 34 euros!

Is Airline Tycoon 2 good?

Kabouter

Ookami-kun said:
Is Airline Tycoon 2 good?
Get Airline Tycoon Deluxe from somewhere (Gamersgate has it I think), it's better imo. This isn't bad, but the interface feels a lot worse, the general atmosphere isn't as good, and the humour isn't really there. There really aren't very many improvements to make up for that.

Corto

I received a Game Content Conversion message on Steam regarding AC Brotherhood. Something about changing the game's format to a more efficient one. What the heck is that?

Volcynika

Corto said:
I received a Game Content Conversion message on Steam regarding AC Brotherhood. Something about changing the game's format to a more efficient one. What the heck is that?

It's like when they fixed how the Witcher 2 was patched. Basically making the patching easier where you don't have to download a large amount of data for what is a small patch. You might have to re-download the game after it does that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom