• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sye d'Burns

I just saw this on Reddit.

EbGtL.jpg

If it hadn't been on Reddit, I would have recommended it for the OP. Very clever.

I sprang on CKII and CKI. I'm slightly kicking myself for not taking up that Amazon deal a few weeks back but I already had everything except 1 magicka dlc and possibly something else.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is there any way I can see a list of games by the Steam features they support? Steamplay, achievements, controller, etc.

Also, I keep having to check my email and enter a code whenever I use the steam website or Steamgifts. How can I make it so that it remember my computer?

Thanks (I'm new to using Steam)!

We need to do a Let's Play Crusader Kings II thread, since apparently everyone bought it. Then I might actually decide to play it.
Hell even I bought it, against my better judgement (big backlog, no experience with grand strategy games, EUIII sitting there unplayed besides the tutorials).

Just finished LIMBO. I was actually expecting less because of all the gaf hate.

It's a great game. I'm really enjoying these short indie games.

Ask an Aussie how they pronounce Cairns, that might give you an idea.
Cans.
Is there any way I can see a list of games by the Steam features they support? Steamplay, achievements, controller, etc.

Also, I keep having to check my email and enter a code whenever I use the steam website or Steamgifts. How can I make it so that it remember my computer?

Thanks (I'm new to using Steam)!
http://store.steampowered.com/search

Click on advanced search and you will be greeted with a plethora of search options. Genre, single/multiplayer, achievements etc. Not too sure about the Steam code thing, it's a function of Steam Guard which as the name suggests, is designed to guard your account from being stolen. It happens to me quite often too when I try to sign in on Steamgifts or the Steam website, so I tend to stick to only using the client. You could turn it off if it really bothers you, but it's probably not worth potentially sacrificing your accounts security.

On a different note, I'm having some extreme graphics issues with Red Faction: Guerrilla. Some things simply disappear from view in game as I move around. Even my head! I have to admit, it's kind of funny seeing Mason swinging the sledgehammer without it actually showing in his hands, but the problem is enemies disappear from view too. I imagine the fact that I'm using Windows 8 could have something to do with it, though in fairness, I've played around 200 other games and not had any issues. Has anyone experienced this? It's bizarre.

Salsa

I just did my first TF2 "trade" and oh god I dont wanna go through that again..

First I exchanged a "Vintage Killer's Kabuto" and my "Genuine Aperture hat whatevs" for 4 mann co keys. In order to do this I had to make a post in a subreddit, pricecheck on the stuff, talk to Firehead who's more into the whole "trade scene" (thanks duder), ignore lowballers who wanted to give me shit for them..

Then I added some dude who barely understood me and got him to send me 4.4 euro (roughly $5.5usd) in exchange for those keys.

Thanks to paypal fees and euro conversion I ended up getting $4.48usd

So basically I had to add 2 random people and have "trust" conversations with them over who would send what first and whatever, talk about "rep" and whatnot, in order to get 4.5 bucks for two hats (just wanted to add 5 dollars to the summer sale savings and I dont really care about hatz)

That shit was so not worth it. Dudes going all crazy over scraps over there, arguing over cents.

I've tried engaging in the trade economy in TF2 but it's such a pain in the ass to deal with those people and keep up with the values of things. I trade with friends I know or simply outright buy the shit I want if crafting it is too time consuming.

Aaron

Should I buy any of the DLC for Warlock? Haven't played the game yet so can't tell if this stuff is any good.

Salsa

I'm going with 50€ myself, it just has to be enough :(

unless anything drastically changes im going with this:

tM5vR.png

damn max payne 3

it would ussually be more than enough but I havent purchased much at all this last quarter so there's an unusual amount of stuff I want.. we'll see how it goes

Glass Rebel

unless anything drastically changes im going with this:

tM5vR.png

damn max payne 3

it would ussually be more than enough but I havent purchased much at all this last quarter so there's an unusual amount of stuff I want.. we'll see how it goes

But your wishlist is over 100 games long!

~107€ spent on 20 games and 7 pieces of DLC (not counting humble bundle stuff and gifts) + Xenoblade Kickstarter for 20$ so far... yeah, I think I'm doing pretty well myself.

Last year I spent 400€ on gaming related stuff so even if I don't find any good pre-order deals on Dishonored and XCOM (which means 120€ in Switzerland ;_; unless I can get a friend from Canada to help) there's still about 160€ left for Summer, Halloween and Christmas.

Aselith

Should I buy any of the DLC for Warlock? Haven't played the game yet so can't tell if this stuff is any good.

Both DLC's add some new units to the game so I'd definitely pick them up. The units that you get are pretty good.

I really like Koatl units particularly so definitely that one and the powerful lords are very nice early game.

I really should sort that stuff. There was a moment where I put just anything I barely wanted there.

Also for some reason it still lists a ton of games that I now already own..

Most things you get via a code/key it doesn't remove from your wishlist. Pretty annoying in this bundle crazy world we live in.

froliq

Hm, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition shows as 17,49 euro for me while I don't even own the original on steam. This does include the original game right? Seems like a pretty good price for EA game.

Glass Rebel

"What? We made a sequel? ...Really?"

Unless it's in rights hell (which it shouldn't be), it looks like they just disowned the game.

That's a bummer, I wanted to play it :(

Hm, Crysis 2 Maximum Edition shows as 17,49 euro for me while I don't even own the original on steam. This does include the original game right? Seems like a pretty good price for EA game.

Nope, only Crysis 2 and the DLC.

All I want from the sale is Rayman. Hoping for a better price than what we saw a few weeks ago (even though it was a great price then)

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I wonder if 50 bucks is going to last enough for Steam summer sales.
I have $325 sans anything i spend in the meantime on daily deals. All from Gamestop credit. I hope to spend it all!

I have only had a new gaming PC since March but I already have over 70 games. Maybe more.

I will be off the grid camping on vacation the last few days in June through the week of the 4th. So I will miss the festivities for my first Steam Summer Sale but I should have 3G access on my phone to snatch the deals. Guess I need to tether so I can use my laptop too. Hmm.

HoosTrax

I have $325 sans anything i spend in the meantime on daily deals. All from Gamestop credit. I hope to spend it all!

I have only had a new gaming PC since March but I already have over 70 games. Maybe more.

I will be off the grid camping on vacation the last few days in June through the week of the 4th. So I will miss the festivities for my first Steam Summer Sale but I should have 3G access on my phone to snatch the deals. Guess I need to tether so I can use my laptop too. Hmm.
Hmm, depending on your phone plan, wouldn't downloading even one typical [non-indie] game use up your entire allotted tethering bandwidth?

I just hope they have the acievements/vouchers thing going on again.

Considering the games left once you take away those I have, still care about and that dont have stupid aus pricing discounts isn't many.

Incentives to actually play games is much more useful. Hopefully one for ck2.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Crusader Kings II or warlock?

Hmm, depending on your phone plan, wouldn't downloading even one typical [non-indie] game use up your entire allotted tethering bandwidth?
I have an "unlimited" plan but still I won't be downloading the games. I will just be buying them from the Steam Store. I will download/install the ones I want to play when I get home. The laptop would just be for ease of use as buying dozens of games on a phone can be cumbersome. ;)

Hm, was SFIV:AE not on a good sale once? SFxT would be sweet too... damn you Capcapom.

It was once, by accident a good sale. It was a week before launch that the game was at 50% for preorders. It lasted like an hour before it was caught and put back at the regular price.

HoosTrax

The laptop would just be for ease of use as buying dozens of games on a phone can be cumbersome. ;)
Ah yeah, I can see that. The Steam mobile app is a step up from just using the phone's browser to view Steam store, but I imagine it'd still be cumbersome to look over a massive number of games on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom