• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already have Torchlight. So if I don't beat the average. I'm getting one key for 5 of them right?
Been watching the average price for a while. It was $5.08 and its been dropping.

Koroviev

Already have Torchlight. So if I don't beat the average. I'm getting one key for 5 of them right?
Been watching the average price for a while. It was $5.08 and its been dropping.

I went ahead and paid more than the average. I've been looking to get Dustforce and Shatter for a while now.

1-D_FTW

I don't understand why any developer would never run a major Steam sale first (and give a whopping 0 percent off during the summer sale for Dustforce), but whatevs. Already bought.

Not if the extras are BTA.

Yeah. It really could go either way. The Dustforce key is labeled "Beat the Average" when you enter it into Steam. But don't previous bids (of any price) usually qualify for new additions? So I could see the case for it going into either one.

dani_dc

I think the other key will contain the extras.

As YianGaruga said, that's unlikely if the other bonuses are "Beat the Average", and they usually are.

I don't understand why any developer would never run a major Steam sale first (and give a whopping 0 percent off during the summer sale for Dustforce), but whatevs. Already bought.
They had a mid week sale a few months ago, though it was odd that they missed the summer sale completely.

Yeah. It really could go either way. The Dustforce key is labeled "Beat the Average" when you enter it into Steam. But don't previous bids (of any price) usually qualify for new additions? So I could see the case for it going into either one.

The "bid of any price gets BTA" is somehing they stoppped doing a few bundles ago. Lately only the bids that "Beat The Average" at the time of purchase get the extra bonuses.

Ionic

When I first loaded up Tony Hawk HD on PC I thought I was in for good times because the developers took the time to write "Please do not turn off your PC while the game is saving" and even had keyboard icons, but as far as I can tell there are absolutely no video options. Nothing. Best find a .ini.

Tomodachi

Dustforce Steam key gifted to the first one who can guess which game this screenshot is from:

UzPuU.jpg

(image edited so you can't find it on google image :p)

PS: my favourite game EVAR!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dustforce Steam key gifted to the first one who can guess which game this screenshot is from:

UzPuU.jpg

(image edited so you can't find it on google image :p)

PS: my favourite game EVAR!
Fuck, my work proxy is blocking the image :(
Oh well, good luck to everyone else.

I don't understand why any developer would never run a major Steam sale first (and give a whopping 0 percent off during the summer sale for Dustforce), but whatevs.
I could imagine that the Dustforce devs were in contact with Humble for a long time and agreed to not put their game on sale to have a really big draw in the next HIB. That's pure speculation though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I think xelios does a very good job with reviewing, he has 75 games recommended now.

Thanks. It's also a way for me to look back and remember when I'm pretty much done with a game. There'd be a lot more if MMOs didn't have their grip on me currently. :( I'll escape one day.

catabarez

When I first loaded up Tony Hawk HD on PC I thought I was in for good times because the developers took the time to write "Please do not turn off your PC while the game is saving" and even had keyboard icons, but as far as I can tell there are absolutely no video options. Nothing. Best find a .ini.

Now I don't know if I want this.

JustinBB7

Looks like the HD part isn't really needed, the game is only like 1.8GB I'm reading? Not that it matters to me, I just wanna play the old games on Steam, which this gives me pretty much. Although slightly different I suppose.

I remember playing this on my PC though, but it says 1 and 2 never were on PC, I think I played a demo on the PC, but now I'm doubting myself since I played it on the playstation as well..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD\THHDGame\Config

Open THHDengine.ini

ctrl-f "SystemSettings"

go to town

Ionic

The ini files for Tony Hawk HD don't seem changed at all from what the developers used while creating the game for all platforms. There are even comments left by the developers as reminders. My favorite is...

[SystemSettings]
; NOTE THAT ANY ITEMS IN THIS SECTION WILL AFFECT ALL PLATFORMS!!!

There are also numerous references to the settings used for the iphone version of the game. Well, at least it looks like any settings that need to be changed are readily available in here.

Edit: Resolution can be changed in the BaseEngine.ini file located in SteamApps/common/Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD/Engine/Config. Search the file for ResX and then edit ResX and ResY to your liking.

Bought this bundle just for Dustforce. Amazes me that this game saw absolutely no discount in the Summer Sale and less than two months later, it pops up in an Indie Bundle.

Quote for Vessel/Rochard/Torchlight/SPAZ/Shatter key

1-D_FTW

They really should smarten up the Wishlist so it deleted obtained games no matter how they're added. Not just when they're purchased through the storefront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom