• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

How can you fuck up an early Tony Hawk tribute piece so much? I mean...fuck. No revert to manual, no online multiplayer, no Tony Hawk 3 levels.
Tony Hawk 3 has the highest metacritic rating, doesn't it? It certainly was, to my mind, the definitive Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

*sigh*

Still want it, because I love me some THPS, but goddamn it this is seriously disappointing.

edit: I understand the licensing for the music, so I won't bitch about that. But there is no reason that I can fathom to stop at THPS2. It is just misguided.

Hoplatee

Why not let it rest a bit? They're more of the same in a lot of ways (not that it's a bad thing, but maybe it could be a good idea to switch genre for a while).

Anyway I liked Gay Tony better.

Oh I will not start right away of course. That would be overkill yeah.

Going to play Stalker next!

Steam billing related question here guys, maybe some of you experienced this first hand.

I finally paid off my credit card debt of my "Home Country" & promptly cancelled it. It was my Steam VISA purchase card. I am planning on using instead these new fangled prepaid VISA cards of my "Work Country". Is this allowable through Steam as my credit card info is going to change countries & will it affect region pricing & availability of games?

I wanna get Borderlands 2 as soon as possible.

I think you should do two things.

1) Click the "View Account" option and get rid of the expired credit card if you've saved the details.
2) Send a note to Steam support saying you've moved country and please flag the account as an international account, Steam can be quite picky over people who moves countries.

nexen

I would pay lots of money for a Jet Set Radio game with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 gameplay. Lots of money.

edit: do not care if it is gay, or not. nexen does not judge.

Blizzard

Banned
Jet Set Radio is finally available! Settings from the other thread:

Settings
set.jpg

*edit* Has 30 Steam achievements too.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, Dustforce is hard, is there like a suggested level progression in this thing? Seems to me like all worlds/levels are unlocked from the start, and I wonder if I'm missing something and playing the levels in the wrong order.

ngt

Indie Gala 9 is up: http://www.indiegala.com/

9 games are redeemable on Steam.

Battlegroup
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
Worms
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping dragon
Worms Blast
Worms Crazy Golf

Plus 2 hidden bonuses. According to the rumors they will be:
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Worms Pinball

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm likely going to hold out on JSR until the full Sega Heritage Collection is out, in October, most likely JSR/Nights/SA2 will be sold in a $20 pack.

Tomodachi

Tales of Monkey Island are actually really good adventures (except the first chapter. which sucks. and badly). Not at the classic series levels, that is kinda obvious, you just can't get at that level anymore.

JordanKZ

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.

Broken Sword Directors Cut: 02YGB-MYMIZ-PKP6E
Broken Sword 2: 030QY-ZDHK6-VEZG9
Broken Sword 3: 02F7E-IZL64-FKJT4

Wok

FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. Broken Sword 3

Thank you. It was the only one I was missing.

Less blood, no dimemberment, bodies mysteriously vanish when they hit the floor. All that good stuff. Even the boxart is altered.

Thanks for the offer. The youtube video convinced me I would not like to play it. Maybe someone else would be interested. Maybe someone from Germany or Australia.

Edit: There is a workaround.

Go to your steam folder>steamapps>common>l4d2 demo>steam_appid.txt (change appid to 510)

then

steam folder>steamapps>common>l4d2 demo>left4deead2>steam.txt (change appid to 510)

Thanks for the offer. The youtube video convinced me I would not like to play it. Maybe someone else would be interested. Maybe someone from Germany or Australia.

Yeah someone else wanted it to prank a friend. Even in Germany NO ONE wants this, as you can easily get the uncut version through gifting.

Joe Molotov

Indie Gala 9 is up: http://www.indiegala.com/

9 games are redeemable on Steam.

Battlegroup
Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
Worms
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping dragon
Worms Blast
Worms Crazy Golf

Plus 2 hidden bonuses. According to the rumors they will be:
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Worms Pinball

Damn, I was hoping Call of Cthulhu would be one of the Steam games. I know it's on Steam Greenlight, but still, it could be a stealth bundle release like they do occasionally.

Blizzard

Banned
I think my post implies just fine that I found them to be an awful experience, achieving nothing of what I loved about the original three.
I see. I could definitely understand if the graphical charm is less, since I don't relaly care for the Back to the Future graphics, for instance.

Damn, I was hoping Call of Cthulhu would be one of the Steam games. I know it's on Steam Greenlight, but still, it could be a stealth bundle release like they do occasionally.
I still need to load up Call of Cthulhu and see if it works without the floating graphical diamond display artifacts glitch I had years ago (AMD 4850 I think it was).

Wok

I'm likely going to hold out on JSR until the full Sega Heritage Collection is out, in October, most likely JSR/Nights/SA2 will be sold in a $20 pack.

It was a good game twelve years ago. Does it still hold well? It may be heart-breaking playing it otherwise.

Milamber

I think you should do two things.

1) Click the "View Account" option and get rid of the expired credit card if you've saved the details.
2) Send a note to Steam support saying you've moved country and please flag the account as an international account, Steam can be quite picky over people who moves countries.

Done & done! Thanks. Now all I have to do is wait for Steam Support's answer.

Sajjaja

So I loved Tony Hawk 1 and 2. Should I get Tony Hawk HD?

Also has anyone modded it so it will play the rest of the original songs? :p

Apparently there is no multiplayer for PC or video settings in game. You gotta tweak the INI files.
I'm not even sure we'll be able to mod cause it would defeat the purpose of their DLC.

JordanKZ

So I loved Tony Hawk 1 and 2. Should I get Tony Hawk HD?

Also has anyone modded it so it will play the rest of the original songs? :p

I played a fuck tonne of THPS2 and 3 and I'm finding THPS HD incredibly jarring. It doesn't flow well and it feels really, really slow and incredibly unforgiving. I can't remember the originals playing like this at all.

Is anyone on the PC version of Borderlands 2 just reaching Sanctuary and not talked to the Dr. there yet? I got a bug shortly after meeting him, and I need to join someone's game so I can continue the quest line for both him and his contact. Please, someone PM me your Steam info if you are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom