• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Because I have perspective...?

I mean how else am I supposed to answer that. I think they're great.

If "perspective" is letting standards and expectations for a genre drive off cliff due to a decade long drought, a cliff so high that the latest game shoveled out of the Telltale adventure game factory can be considered great, then I think I'll pass on "perspective."

To me Tales of Monkey Island felt like a Telltale game with a Monkey Island skin. The side characters were just boring and sometimes awful compared to the ones from the original series and it was missing the wonderful sense of humor that was present in damn near every encounter in the older games. Most jokes were painfully forced and dialogue was just bland. On top of that I don't think the 5 episode structure worked very well, it led to a far less cohesive sense of adventure that was prevalent in the first 3 games. As far as visuals went, their artistry fell far below the mark of Curse which had taken the series to the next level after 1/2 (even the HD remakes fall short of it). And these are rose-tinted glasses I'm looking through either, a recent playthrough of 2/3 prior to Tales made the difference quite clear to me.

Tales of Monkey Island are actually really good adventures (except the first chapter. which sucks. and badly). Not at the classic series levels, that is kinda obvious, you just can't get at that level anymore.

I don't know, I think it's better than the third game and easily exceeds that fourth game. The humor felt closer to the first two games which was a big deal to me.

Phinor

Anyone still planning a Borderlands 4-pack pre-order? Gamesplanet UK has a 4-pack with pre-order bonuses for £74.87 which is roughly £18.72 per copy. I wouldn't mind buying one of those copies if, well, anyone is planning to organize one more 4-pack.

Fireblend

Banned

Ocho

Anyone still planning a Borderlands 4-pack pre-order? Gamesplanet UK has a 4-pack with pre-order bonuses for £74.87 which is roughly £18.72 per copy. I wouldn't mind buying one of those copies if, well, anyone is planning to organize one more 4-pack.

Im in if the copies can be redeemed in the Americas.

camerooni

Neo Member
Damn, not available in my country :( since it's a Steam code, any generous soul who already owns Stacking willing to get me the code so I can redeem it? so long as it doesn't involve providing any payment info or something scammy like that, of course

It doesn't say anything but I'm guessing they won't give it to people that already have it on their games list? Then again.. maybe they will. I don't have stacking sorry, but if anyone wants a copy of psychonauts (i'm sure there will be many).

1-D_FTW

BL2 GAF hype train has made me want to get the game :| I didn't even play much of the first one as I played by myself, got stuck after the 2nd boss and decided to call it quits, but playing on my friends Xbox with splitscreen was a lot more fun.

I should totally do this, to get a free copy of the game.

probably end up getting a non--pc version :lol

Why would you not? Unless the que is insane, a free bungie jump AND game sounds awesome.

eyeless

Broken Sword 2

Broken Sword 3

Alien Breed 2

tell me what you take or I swear I'll cut you
i got the broken swords. i feel kinda bad taking two but checked the store page and saw the metacritic of 2 was low so quickly snatched up 3 as it was much higher rated.

Giard

What's the word on the Spellforce series? Looks interesting enough. I was thinking of only getting Spellforce 2 Gold or Faith in Destiny (although I heard bad stuff about this one), can anybody give me their opinion?

I put vice city on and it looks so sharp that the skybox is kind of weird looking. Anyone ever notice that in games? Do you guys lower the graphics or just ignore it?

Aaron

What's the word on the Spellforce series? Looks interesting enough. I was thinking of only getting Spellforce 2 Gold or Faith in Destiny (although I heard bad stuff about this one), can anybody give me their opinion?
It's an okay series. RTS similar to Warcraft 3. I think only Faith in Destiny supports widescreen properly. I own them, but never played them enough to really judge them.

Ledsen

i got the broken swords. i feel kinda bad taking two but checked the store page and saw the metacritic of 2 was low so quickly snatched up 3 as it was much higher rated.

Surely you mean the other way around, right? 1-2 are considered to be the classics as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom