• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Rebel

Someone said that Amazon was running the deal too, try them.

As I said, not yet interested in the game (due to backlog), more annoyed by the arbitrary regional restrictions some stores have or publishers enforce. Gamestop Download is the only store that actually displays my country's currency (CHF) but I can't buy several games for whatever reason. Thanks anyway.

Btw: The song in your avatar is playing non-stop at my place.

€6.49. Damn. This must be a Thank You for helping them during the 16-bit wars.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2001, nice.
(rage runs flawlessly on my AMD card)

I'm not sure what you're implying here. Of course Rage runs fine for some if not many AMD GPU users, especially considering the game is almost a year old. I was merely illustrating the fact that AMD/ATi has a storied history of flaky OpenGL support. It would be weird and indeed self-defeating if I said "always" and linked to a recent article.

For the record, I'm not some nvidia zealot; prior to the GTX 570, I hadn't sported an nvidia GPU since the (AGP) 6600GT.

ShaneB

Don't worry, it goes on sale frequently.

Well I wouldn't say frequently, but it has appeared quite a bit more recently than it has in the past. Ah well, I just started getting into Civ V, and think I am finally get a bit of a grasp on it, but without the expansion, it feels like I'm kind of playing the wrong game, so a deal on that would be nice somewhere.

And with Guild Wars 2 launching, I have lots of gaming goodness to not worry about double dipping on ME.

dani_dc

Jet Set Radio is a steal, I was expecting a $15/€15 price while hoping for $10 with a proper exchange rate, I didn't expect it to actually happen!

No way I'll miss it, getting this one as soon as I can.

Can't wait to pre-order JSR. I hope that this does well enough that we get JSRF too (don't wanna hear it, I don't care which you think is better, I like both). Hell it would be nice if more of Sega's games got ported over to PC. I'd buy Gun Valkyrie but I know there's no way that will ever happen.

1-D_FTW

I really like Inversion so far (~1 hour of play). The controls feel ridiculously tight at 60 fps and the animation and effects/lighting look rather nice. The story has a decent set up. The characters are pretty poorly voiced and really corny, but the plot is enough to look past them.

I think that I'm going to enjoy this quite a bit for the 10$ I paid.

Pretty much my exact thoughts after 1 hour.

Only real complaint: why do I have to use the arrow keys for quicktime keys when balancing myself on beams? But if that's my only complaint so far (and it's not a big deal since you don't need the mouse when walking on beams anyway), I'm thinking this is going to be pretty good.

Can't wait to pre-order JSR. I hope that this does well enough that we get JSRF too (don't wanna hear it, I don't care which you think is better, I like both). Hell it would be nice if more of Sega's games got ported over to PC. I'd buy Gun Valkyrie but I know there's no way that will ever happen.

Yeah, I'd love to see the sequel also. I remember almost buying an Xbox just for that game. Still prefer the first but that sequel wasn't bad at all, in my opinion.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just an FYI to other non-US Steam users that Amazon's Inversion keys are region-locked. (Activating it using a VPN will work, as it just did for me, but be advised that using a VPN at all is technically against the SSA.)

jediyoshi

30% off code for GMG for Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs
GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS

They both just go to $35 though which was pretty much the price with the 20% off code when the games were also still discounted

Bricky

30% off code for GMG for Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs
GMG30-AUGUS-TWINS

They both just go to $35 though which was pretty much the price with the 20% off code when the games were also still discounted

Thanks! Pulled the trigger on Sleeping Dogs because of the good things I keep hearing about it.

Derrick01

Banned
Man replaying kotor 2 for the first time in years and it's easy for me to forget how awesome it is. I'm still only in the intro area but there's just an insane abundance of conversation options and skill options that change things. You just don't see this kind of stuff in RPGs anymore.

Are achivements not loading for somebody else? They're not loading for me on the client, and I pretty sure I unlocked one in Stacking and it didn't appear.

Dammit Steam.

Edit: They just came back ¬¬

Yeah, I'd love to see the sequel also. I remember almost buying an Xbox just for that game. Still prefer the first but that sequel wasn't bad at all, in my opinion.

*JSR/JSRF brofist*

Man replaying kotor 2 for the first time in years and it's easy for me to forget how awesome it is. I'm still only in the intro area but there's just an insane abundance of conversation options and skill options that change things. You just don't see this kind of stuff in RPGs anymore.

Pretty much the main thought running through my head as I'm playing. Just made it off of the Peragus mining station and it's kind of amazing when you look at all of the skills, stats, feats and powers you have to choose between on level up. How your character build not only affects combat but how you interact with other characters and objects in the environment.

Amazon has it as well.

That is tempting.

How is Day of defeat? What makes it difference from shooters that were around it's time?

Day of Defeat 1.3 was amazing, the Source conversion never quite lived up to its predecessor due to dumb design decisions with factions, weapons and weapon load outs. DoDS is much more limited compared to 1.3, it has fewer factions and a dramatically smaller selection of weapons to choose from. DoDS is fun, fast paced and arcade-y compared to say Red Orchestra, which is the only other contemporary WWII multiplayer game. The community is small but fairly active so you wouldn't be wasting 4$.

I dunno, Costume Quest was pretty easy. It took me a while to beat Stacking 100% but it was sure worth it. Absolutely loved that game.

You're right. Costume Quest was really straight forward, at least there are a lot of (imaginative) puzzles here. Both are great and fun of course.

Took me 33 minutes to start the game again and do the
Zeppelin
part. Dem achievement.

Blizzard

Banned
Whoa, I just looked up Jet Set Radio gameplay. It seems kind of neat. Like Mirror's Edge, except you're a girl who says YEAH all the time and spraypaints walls like rollerskating!

The music, voice, and graphics remind me of Space Channel 5 for some reason. Great job, Ulala!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom