• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Don't listen to someone who uses the word "euroshmup".

I just went and retried it. I really half-assed it the first time. Had two minutes gametime in Steam.

My issues were this:

- I didn't realize there was a graphical setting to turn things up the first time (probably because I was distracted by the 3D not working).

- I was off-put by the "fast forward" cut scenes seemingly going slower than real-time.

- I was too rushed to install the Helix Mod 3D fix at the time.

Bumping the graphics to ultra and changing the config with Helix Mod to get 1080P and 3D working have certainly changed my impression.

The graphic whore in me is much pleased. Game is amazing looking now. Goes to "Must Buy".

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember feeling like I would never beat the first stage of Jamestown when I first got it, then I beat it. I felt like I would never clear the second stage, but I eventually beat that too. I thought I would never kill the final boss's final form, and yeah so far I haven't.
It's a good game, but I don't like how it forces you to beat past levels in ever increasing difficulties to unlock the next one. I couldn't finish the second in the 3rd or 4th difficulties, quitted and didn't touch it since then. Strangely, I managed to complete the following few levels without much trouble.

Arsenic

So, anyone wants to invite a fellow gaffer to the NeoGAF group? I'm looking to pick up playtime on my PC. :)

Username: syndicatestm

The nice thing about Train Simulator is that I think you automatically get the newest version for free. I picked up the 2012 edition last year for a £5 (haven't played it lol) and noticed today that it's now the 2013 edition.

The nice thing about Train Simulator is that I think you automatically get the newest version for free. I picked up the 2012 edition last year for a £5 (haven't played it lol) and noticed today that it's now the 2013 edition.

This is correct.
I got that game so my dad can play it. And randomly updated itself to 2013 version.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading the Sine Mora demo right now. Is Tiny and Big any good?

I've got my eye on Geometry Wars, Braid and the Hell Yeah! DLC. Not bad for a surprise sale, I think.

Man once a game goes under... 7 bucks I see no reason to wait for it to go lower, unless your budget is really, really tight. All y'all worried about Tiny and Big and whatnot going cheaper are crazy.

Yeah, I had a similar epiphany. I was worrying that a game that was 66% off may go 75% off in a couple of months, until I realized that the difference was barely over a dollar. Either I want the game, or I don't; the difference of a dollar really should hold no bearing over whether I purchase it, at that point.

Nice, clean, slick and a f*cking performance hug. Steam lately passed from hughing 5% to 15% and now this thing swallos 30%.

Does anyone knows if it goes to a latent state after starting up a game? Because if not, the thing although nice will be useless to me.

DTKT

Nice, clean, slick and a f*cking performance hug. Steam lately passed from hughing 5% to 15% and now this thing swallos 30%.

Does anyone knows if it goes to a latent state after starting up a game? Because if not, the thing although nice will be useless to me.

Is it doing anything or are you using SteamMobile? Right now, mine is consuming 12mb of RAM.

Is it doing anything or are you using SteamMobile? Right now, mine is consuming 12mb of RAM.
What? 12 MB no way, it's using around 100 MB's. Yet the biggest problem is the CPU cycles it burns through. Like i said when it's active and navigating through options it uses upwards 33% CPU resources. That's why im asking if it's gets to a sort of hybernating state when gaming.

Thanks, echothreealpha!

To "pay it forward", if you will, I'm gonna give away some Genesis collection codes. Specifically, codes for the first four.

Catch is, I want people who will actually play them, so I want people to pick a game from the collection they want and give me a very brief reason why they want to play it. Contest ends at 7 PM central standard time (ie: 15 minutes from now).

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Note: You can enter for more than 1 pack, but you won't necessarily get them all ^^

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried Big Picture Mode for the first time. Is the startup pixel animation supposed to be super stuttery? I thought it was because of loading the first time, but every time I try switching, it stutters while playing. Fraps doesn't seem to give it an overlay so I can't tell whether the framerate is hitching.

Any reason to not pick up the two lego harry potter games? 12 bucks n change for them and I hear they are fun.

Personally, while they are "fine", I'm not a big LEGO game fan. They are just waaaay too light on the challenge. It feels like I just spend the game pressing X to attack and then building everything. Neat, and some funny moments, but they feel like they lack any substance.

Others have enjoyed them a lot though, so don't necessarily take my word for it.

Thanks, echothreealpha!

To "pay it forward", if you will, I'm gonna give away some Genesis collection codes. Specifically, codes for the first four.

Catch is, I want people who will actually play them, so I want people to pick a game from the collection they want and give me a very brief reason why they want to play it. Contest ends at 7 PM central standard time (ie: 15 minutes from now).

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Note: You can enter for more than 1 pack, but you won't necessarily get them all ^^

Holy shit, pack 4 has Shining Force 1 and 2? I'd love that, because I've never actually played those and I'm pretty sure that's a war crime of some sort.

Isaccard

Thanks, echothreealpha!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Pack 1 looks interesting but, honestly can't say when I'd play them yet as I'm in the process of moving.

Exuro

What? 12 MB no way, it's using around 100 MB's. Yet the biggest problem is the CPU cycles it burns through. Like i said when it's active and navigating through options it uses upwards 33% CPU resources. That's why im asking if it's gets to a sort of hybernating state when gaming.
I'm only getting around 10% usage when navigating and 0-1ish% when playing a game. Ram usage goes up to 100MB navigating and then goes to 170ish when playing a game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I cleaned out most of my friend list because of all the holiday gifting help over the past year and not wanting to go through 300 people to figure out who is who, so if you're supposed to be there feel free to add me again and don't take it personally.

Thanks, echothreealpha!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Gonna extend it for a while, actually. I'm heading out for a bit, but I'll decide on the winners when I return.

koolaroo

Thanks, echothreealpha!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

I would like pack 2 for flicky man I played that game quite a bit when I was younger.

1354576334405s2p5i.jpg

W7DkE.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sine Mora: discarded. Didn't enjoy the demo, though it looks pretty, that much I can concede.

I'll ask again, if you don't mind: does anyone know if Tiny and Big is worth it?

I just tried Big Picture Mode for the first time. Is the startup pixel animation supposed to be super stuttery? I thought it was because of loading the first time, but every time I try switching, it stutters while playing. Fraps doesn't seem to give it an overlay so I can't tell whether the framerate is hitching.
Happened to me too. Don't know why that happens, the interface worked fine. Though I prefer regular Steam.

Thanks, echothreealpha!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Really would like pack 4. Gunstar Heroes is an old favorite of mine, Shining Force 1+2 plus Alien Soldier are bonuses, and Streets of Rage 1+ 2 on top of that is icing on the cake (the latter I know a buddy of mine and I will put some play time into)

Thanks, echothreealpha!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Good luck guys!

I don't understand why didn't add X men the Clone Wars (one of my fav games)

mannerbot

Thanks, echothreealpha!

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Putting my name in the hat for Pack 4. Would love to give Alien Soldier a try as I've never played it, as well as revisit Gunstar Heroes and Streets of Rage 1/2. I'm sure I'd enjoy all the rest as well as I just had an SNES when I was a kid, so didn't really get to explore the catalog as much. But Gunstar Heroes is my favorite side-scrolling shooter ever and Streets of Rage is my favorite side-scrolling beat-em-up series.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not asking for one of the Genesis packs, but thanks for bringing them to my attention. I just bought the pack #4 for myself and two friends, even at the non-sale price. :D

I'm not asking for one of the Genesis packs, but thanks for bringing them to my attention. I just bought the pack #4 for myself and two friends, even at the non-sale price. :D

They are on sale on Amazon.com. $5 for all 5 packs.

I cleaned out most of my friend list because of all the holiday gifting help over the past year and not wanting to go through 300 people to figure out who is who, so if you're supposed to be there feel free to add me again and don't take it personally.

Noooo !!!! ... May I add you just to make it easier to read your awesome recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom