• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

Make sure to update whatever skin you are using after applying the update. Pixelvision didn't show me the BPM icon till I updated the files.

Is there a point in using the Steam wallet if I already buy stuff without it? Is it like brick and mortar stores credit programs, where they can't tax store credit? Or is there no real point if I already have payment information?

Salsa

It doesn't. Though the music is awesome and there are some cool 3D effects (no glasses) and I like the art but it's not in the same league game play wise as any of those games.

I wouldnt consider Shank to be on any top league gameplay wise

Wok

I bought it, havent played yet. Looks mote like abe's oddysee with guns to me

It doesn't. Though the music is awesome and there are some cool 3D effects (no glasses) and I like the art but it's not in the same league game play wise as any of those games.

Thanks for the info. I will need to read a bit more about it then, because the trailer made me think it was similar. Maybe on the game hub.

Salsa

Is there a point in using the Steam wallet if I already buy stuff without it? Is it like brick and mortar stores credit programs, where they can't tax store credit? Or is there no real point if I already have payment information?

They can put your cc on hold after frequent purchasing

Dynoro

During the sales some banks (like mine) start rejecting your payment if you make lots of small transactions; as they think it is fraudulent. By having about £50 in the wallet I can safely buy stuff whenever as Valve already has the money.

Grief.exe

I can't believe FTL hasn't been on sale yet. That is the only must have game for me that I didn't pick up over the Autumn sale.

Im_Special

The only point of it is some people have shitty banks that like to lock their accounts when to many small purchases are made because to them it looks suspicious, so the work around is to add 100$ or whatever to the wallet once and the bank wont freak out.

HoosTrax

The main reason to use Steam Wallet is if you have funds sitting around in your PayPal account.

I've never run into the CC issue, even during my buying binge last Winter Seal.

wazoo

During the sales some banks (like mine) start rejecting your payment if you make lots of small transactions; as they think it is fraudulent. By having about £50 in the wallet I can safely buy stuff whenever as Valve already has the money.

add the fact, that you can buy stuff using the tablet/phone app quite easily, which is useful during summer sales on the beach.

Sysgen

Shank is a really well done 2D beat em up. Having played Rocketbirds, the gameplay is very uninteresting and slow bordering on boring. If not for the awesome science fiction techno rock music and the splendid art I would of already filed it away in the recesses of my bloated library.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Geometry Wars - Get or not get?
I don't know, Waves is pretty similar and has like 6 modes. The Steam version of GW has only 1, right?

I may pick it up anyway, loved GW: Galaxies on the Wii.

EDIT: Didn't realize Hell Yeah was on sale since I'd removed it from the wishlist. Should probably pick it up.
Yes you should, don't listen to RPS on this one.

I'm hesistant to buy Tiny&Big because it seems like one of the most likely candidates to end up in one of the bigger Indie Bundles (Humble, Royale) soon.

atomsk

Party Pooper

I use it to give myself a budget

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
*goes to buy Tiny & Big*

*realizes it'll be 2.49 again by christmas, I won't have played it by then, and it might end up in an indie bundle before then*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this the cheapest Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga has been?

Yeah. The Lego games never go for more than half off.

Edit: And today marks the first time Lego SW Complete has been half off since... *drum roll* the Christmas/Winter Sale of 2010.

naib

Going to buy Sine Mora for the 3rd time, Hell Yeah rabbit something something, and maybe Deadlight.
Might wait for a deeper discount on that one..

Edit:
F it, might finally dbl dip on Geometry Wars. I used to love that game.
Does anyone know if it has online leaderboards?

Edit again:
Looks like it doesn't. :(

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anybody want a code for AvP for $3?

Man once a game goes under... 7 bucks I see no reason to wait for it to go lower, unless your budget is really, really tight. All y'all worried about Tiny and Big and whatnot going cheaper are crazy.

HoosTrax

At least for me, the PS2 DualShock was a giant hand cramp. The grips weren't proper grips -- you can't curl your fingers around them comfortably. Not sure if more recent Sony controllers improved upon that.

Smash88

Banned
i0xw3M0mo0o3X.png

JaseC strikes again....

garath

I traded in my 360, PSP and a bunch of games to Gamestop for $200 in steam cards. It's funded my gaming purchases for the last 6 months. That's my use for wallet! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom