• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

wf1XeFX.jpg

Caved and bought outfit dlc for tomb raider ]:

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I guess that makes us all outcasts

Metroid is a robot
Fixed. Also, Halo is a space guy.

Why does Zelda wear that ridiculous green pointed hat anyway?

Shin Megami Tensei 4. Basically, the series that spawned Persona, and also pretty damn highly regarded as a JRPG in its own right.
Name doesn't ring a bell, though it reminds me of Death Note's shinigami. I'll take a look at it, but first I need to get hold of the console, which with any luck may happen later today.

ShaneB

Yeah, sign me up as someone who is now definitely more interested in getting a 3DS to compliment PC gaming. But then I realize I already have so many games I don't play, I don't need another platform full of games I won't play :p

FloatOn

Yeah, sign me up as someone who is now definitely more interested in getting a 3DS to compliment PC gaming. But then I realize I already have so many games I don't play, I don't need another platform full of games I won't play :p

same here... I grew up with nintendo and so it would be nice to get back in with them once I get through the steam backlog.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a JRPG. The hardest of the hardcore kind. So you might not be into it. Then again the lack of an insufferable story might be what you need to enjoy the genre. :)
I'm scared. I can't even get past the section right after Dark Souls' second boss, so this will probably make me have nightmares.

Fez or 3DS? Decisions, decisions...

I'll sell you my PAL one.

I'm scared. I can't even get past the section right after Dark Souls' second boss, so this will probably make me have nightmares.

Fez or 3DS? Decisions, decisions...

Unless you really like modern nintendo games, I'd still give it another year.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll sell you my PAL one.

Unless you really like modern nintendo games, I'd still give it another year.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Ace Attorney 5 are games I'm desperate to play. Icarus Uprising and Pokemon are games I'd love to play. Fire Emblem: Awakening is a game that many people say is amazing. Pilotwings Resort is a game that I'd like to try. Mario Kart 7 is a game that I may enjoy for a while. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game that... exists.

I may end up picking both a 3DS + Luigi's Mansion 2 (hopefully getting SM3DL for free thanks to the Club Nintendo promotion) and Fez. Luckily for my wallet, no sales on Nintendo games means I'll actually play the few games that I buy.

Gabe is going to see all this 3DS talk and cancel the Summer Sale.
As much as I hurt myself biting my nails (it's a horrible habit, but I can't help it), I never reached the point where my fingers started bleeding like that. That lady definitely has some serious problems.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2 and Ace Attorney 5 are games I'm desperate to play. Icarus Uprising and Pokemon are games I'd love to play. Fire Emblem: Awakening is a game that many people say is amazing. Pilotwings Resort is a game that I'd like to try. Mario Kart 7 is a game that I may enjoy for a while. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game that... exists.

I may end up picking both a 3DS + Luigi's Mansion 2 (hopefully getting SM3DL for free thanks to the Club Nintendo promotion) and Fez. Luckily for my wallet, no sales on Nintendo games means I'll actually play the few games that I buy.

As much as I hurt myself biting my nails (it's a horrible habit, but I can't help it), I never reached the point where my fingers started bleeding like that. That lady definitely has some serious problems.

My rule for a console is to list 6 games that I want to play. If that is covered I then jump in.

I broke that rule for the 3ds because I thought the 3d would be cool... and it kind of is. Sounds like you are ready to go to me.

1-D_FTW

Good, it's time for you freeloaders to start paying full price for games. This ain't the app store, fork over your $60, you moochers.

But you can still do it right. There's nothing quite like getting a game you wanted on a good sale, beating said game, and then selling it online for a couple bucks profit. Especially since Nintendo games hold their resale value so well.

Joe Molotov

Huh, turns out I bought it around when Alan Wake released, which is strange because I recently wanted to play it again but was pissed it wasn't available to buy on Steam anymore. Well, lucky me I guess.

Steamnesia is a real thing, and it's more likely than you think.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I find it weird seeing 3DS talk in Steam thread.

Anyway surely we'll have Summer Sale right? Right?

3DS is a wonderful companion piece for a PC gamer though, hits both a lot of good complimentary tastes and an alternate slice of the pie all at once. Easy pickup full of good taste titles as of this year, even if you're the type to avoid any and all mascot kit. Also, I gotta say, if your list includes fucking Pokemon but not SMT4 I hope you fall down an open manhole, because there's no hope for you so why not?!

Oh you SMT fans still angry that Pokemon became more famous for monster "catching". I doubt SMT4 can do competitive battling :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My rule for a console is to list 6 games that I want to play. If that is covered I then jump in.

I broke that rule for the 3ds because I thought the 3d would be cool... and it kind of is. Sounds like you are ready to go to me.
That's actually a very smart rule. And according to it, I qualify!

I'm sorry that it has come to this, Gabe, but I can't help myself.
Is it wrong to ask for a Steam app on 3DS?

You're not biting them enough!
I'm trying, I'm trying!

Stupid habit of mine, I can't stop doing it.

I find it weird seeing 3DS talk in Steam thread.
Yeah well, mate was SOOO last thread :p

Anyone ever transfered installed games from one computer to another? I am in Canada, so Bandwidth is worth its "weight" in gold. I have Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2 installed on my laptop but I recently moved back home for the Summer and want to play them on my superior desktop. Can I just copy the steamapps folder onto an external harddrive and place it into the steamapps on my desktop?

derFeef

Weird, my Duke Nukem 3D Coupon is gone.

Hmm, mine too.

Anyone ever transfered installed games from one computer to another? I am in Canada, so Bandwidth is worth its "weight" in gold. I have Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2 installed on my laptop but I recently moved back home for the Summer and want to play them on my superior desktop. Can I just copy the steamapps folder onto an external harddrive and place it into the steamapps on my desktop?

Yep.

Am I a bad person for thinking that Machinarium is not a good game? While the art is beautiful, I can't get past the slow and awkward controls and the pretty obtuse puzzles. It really is a drag to play for me.

Am I a bad person for thinking that Machinarium is not a good game? While the art is beautiful, I can't get past the slow and awkward controls and the pretty obtuse puzzles. It really is a drag to play for me.

I felt the same way. Picked it up after all the indie buzz and while it was somewhat enjoyable I found the moment to moment gameplay slow and awkward, which isn't incredibly uncommon for the genre, but what made it tough was the story wasn't compelling enough to make the idle tasks worth doing.

So is God Mode more like Orcs Must Die or The Club?

Just finished Bio 1 for the first time; pretty incredible. Would've been slightly more rewarding had Brad not ruined the twist for me on the Bombcast a few weeks ago but I suppose it's my fault for not finishing it earlier. On to Infinite....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom