• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221430/

ITS HAPPENING

ss_b1084e923d90f13cc0afff1714c5feb1004c60d5.600x338.jpg

FORLAN IN SCREENSHOTS SUP

What's up with the paltry 10% discount?

Wonder if this version will be patchable like previous PES releases without triggering any anit-cheating software.

HoosTrax

I'm not sure what possessed Konami to call the game that instead of Pro Evolution Football, since I assume most of the audience is probably not American.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I learned in the first few minutes of the game to never set up a camp fire under a tree in the middle of a forest. I found out how to get charcoal that way though, so it's good

This game is fun but kind of stressful, especially when your character starts hallucinating and hearing things. I can't seem to force myself to go for another round after I die. I needed time to recover from the state of defeat, I guess.

Speaking of learning lessons, my current run was going great until I ran out of food and had to eat some mushrooms to stay alive. I found some that restored my health and were quite filling so I quickly ate several of them.....not realizing that they were draining my sanity. I'm no longer starving but I am tripping fucking balls. Great.

Chronoja

jesus all these steam leaks... is this going to be the year of Steam? man everything is coming to PC now.

It feels like we need a name for this "event"...so many games revealed and even more hinted at.

It's like a mini golden era. I don't know what to call it though. "The Steam Era of Revelation" or something

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It feels like we need a name for this "event"...so many games revealed and even more hinted at.

It's like a mini golden era. I don't know what to call it though.

I wonder if things like these will eventually either impact the quickness in which Steam games will show up or if Valve can somehow throttle access to the database.

It worries me a little bit.

Speaking of learning lessons, my current run was going great until I ran out of food and had to eat some mushrooms to stay alive. I found some that restored my health and were quite filling so I quickly ate several of them.....not realizing that they were draining my sanity. I'm no longer starving but I am tripping fucking balls. Great.

Don't act like you don't like it.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I can't believe that all the licensing bullshit and they are going to get two Disney CLASSICS on Steam? I thought that would never happen.

I'm planning on picking up Hotline Miami and maybe Binding of Isaac tomorrow. Can't wait to try them out but I'm definitely getting a case of Steam madness here.

Grief.exe

I can't believe that all the licensing bullshit and they are going to get two Disney CLASSICS on Steam? I thought that would never happen.

I'm planning on picking up Hotline Miami and maybe Binding of Isaac tomorrow. Can't wait to try them out but I'm definitely getting a case of Steam madness here.

Disney has no idea whats going on in the gaming world or where money is to be made.

They should hire one of us as consultants.

Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Right. Even if Durango is a mess of DRM and always online and kinect or whatever...having all the games on steam as well means I can have all those games on my PC and still ignore all that shit.

The millions who will buy it anyway for COD will just be subsidising my enjoyment. Everybody wins.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoyed reading this thread for the last few days :p Big thanks to everyone doing the detective work, it's been very entertaining (and continues to be!)

Grief.exe

Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Massive Slippery Slope argument here.

If Microsoft and Steam joined forces it would obliterate the console wars.

Microsoft would have such an advantage going in with a huge library and millions of Steam users potentially buying consoles.

Sony would be left in the dust. Nintendo seems to be a diminished competitor in the console space this upcoming generation already.

Microsoft would be left with a monopoly. If it is in this position, then the consumer loses.

Think about how many anti-consumer practices Microsoft would implement, think about the ones they already implement.

XBL Gold
Windows 8 App Store
GFWL
Always Online DRM -potential
No Used Games - potentail

MRORANGE

I was wondering if anyone could help me out in getting Don't Starve? I tried using an Amazon Gift card via Amazon Payments but, apparently, I can't transfer money from my giftcard to Amazon Payments b/c my account balance there is $0.00. I can't transfer money from my bank account to Amazon b/c there was suspicious charges on it and it's on hold for a bit (or I would've used PayPal).

So, what I'm hoping is that someone could by Don't Starve from the dev's site (http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/landing/buynow.html, so that I can get the Chrome web app version too) and click the "Purchase as a gift" checkbox. Here are the games that I could give in return:

And I've got a bunch of other stuff in my inventory:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/celebi23/inventory

If someone can, just shoot my a PM so that I can give you my email. Thanks!

Wrong thread, don't post trades here, check the OP

Dr Dogg

Microsoft would have such an advantage going in with a huge library and millions of Steam users potentially buying consoles.

Sony would be left in the dust. Nintendo seems to be a diminished competitor in the console space this upcoming generation already.

Microsoft would be left with a monopoly. If it is in this position, then the consumer loses.

Think about how many anti-consumer practices Microsoft would implement, think about the ones they already implement.

XBL Gold
Windows 8 App Store
GFWL
Always Online DRM -potential
No Used Games - potentail

Woah, woah, woah. One step at a time. Lets get GFWL burnt to the ground first and Steamworks patched in. Still got the memories fresh on the brain how they've treated their PC focused studios while they were focusing on consoles. Edit: Plus I've got the feeling Garry tolerates rather than supports Microsoft after his time there and especial going forward.

You are forgetting about Apple. They are like the white walkers coming down from the North that nobody notices in their own war until it is too late. In those dark days, strange new alliances will be needed.

Grief.exe

You are forgetting about Apple. They are like the white walkers coming down from the North that nobody notices in their own war until it is too late. In those dark days, strange new alliances will be needed.

I think that will be more of a developer/publisher war.

It depends where demand is in 10-20 years.

If the market for games that we enjoy is significantly diminished in that amount of time, then development will shift to mobile/tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom