• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
we make cakes out of the plant used to make heroin

dontfuckwitus
You want some drug dealer shit? This was my last order of yerba mate:

JiMZD.jpg

5.5 pound bags, mofo.

Dr Dogg

Brilliant discussion has turned to tea, cocaine and opium. Being English I should fit right in :p.

Anyone plumped for Another World? Don't know if I would want to quadruple dip or what ever I'm up to now seeing as I've bought that game for god knows how many systems. Eric Chahi you can thank me later.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait, I don't think you explained how you drink your mate. I'm trying to think about any other way to do it. Do you eat it with a spoon?
oh, nope, it's still the gourd+straw (had to look in wikipedia for english terms lol) combo, just not ceramic lol.

right now I'm drinking it off a fish-shaped gourd that's the stupidest gourd I've ever seen.

nexen

Brilliant discussion has turned to tea, cocaine and opium. Being English I should fit right in :p.

Anyone plumped for Another World? Don't know if I would want to quadruple dip or what ever I'm up to now seeing as I've bought that game for god knows how many systems. Eric Chahi you can thank me later.

Tell me about it. I've bought it for multiple consoles, phones, and several times on the PC. I still have the original DOS 3.5" disk somewhere.

That dude has been riding that one game for 20 years. From Dust is the only other thing he made that I know of and...yeah.

Still, AW is a fantastic game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Not on Steam, no. I still haven't finished it on my phone, I got pretty far, but there are 2 guards that always kill me no matter what.

Also, I had to use a guide thrice, with the last time being that final part where I got stuck and stopped playing :/

Haha sorry, I meant Doctor Who. :p
This is the second time in 4 days where I think someone's talking about the band, but instead it's about that show.

Why doesn't anybody like Face Dances? It's a great album! Also, Tommy would totally hate Valve, as there aren't any pinball games on Steam.

Dr Dogg

Tell me about it. I've bought it for multiple consoles, phones, and several times on the PC. I still have the original DOS 3.5" disk somewhere.

That dude has been riding that one game for 20 years. From Dust is the only other thing he made that I know of and...yeah.

Not on Steam, no. I still haven't finished it on my phone, I got pretty far, but there are 2 guards that always kill me no matter what.

Also, I had to use a guide thrice, with the last time being that final part where I got stuck and stopped playing :/

Well seeing as my SNES games are handy here's one of the many copies I've got.

And in lovely PAL 50hz-o-vision so timing is a right bitch on half the jumps

This is the second time in 4 days where I think someone's talking about the band, but instead it's about that show.

Why doesn't anybody like Face Dances? It's a great album! Also, Tommy would totally hate Valve, as there aren't any pinball games on Steam.

You won't get fooled again!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Anyone plumped for Another World?
Yikes, is this like a UK synonym for fluffing or something?
:p

I've never played AW before, so it's caught my interest. Not at full price, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well seeing as my SNES games are handy here's one of the many copies I've got.

And in lovely PAL 50hz-o-vision so timing is a right bitch on half the jumps

You won't get fooled again!
Well played sir. I can't comment on your pic as it is blocked at work (no, I'm not procrastinating, I get paid to browse GAF).

I've never played AW before, so it's caught my interest. Not at full price, though.
Do you have a hammer at hand? Hide it, lock it in a safe. Or else you'll destroy something with it, engulfed in an unstoppable gaming rage.

It's a beautiful rage, mind you.

ArjanN

He also worked on Future Wars and Heart of Darkness.

Dr Dogg

Oh us British have some funny old sayings. Some of the regional dialects would make most people's ears bleed.

Well played sir. I can't comment on your pic as it is blocked at work (no, I'm not procrastinating, I get paid to browse GAF).

Well you made it too easy. Plus who doesn't like The Who?

Salsa

I own this shit

6887189404_cafba4490b_z.jpg

yerba 24/7 suckers

also idk if anyone bought Ms.Splosion Man but apparently it's totally fine besides being GFWL

if there was a discount I would have jumped on it by now

nexen

He also worked on Future Wars and Heart of Darkness.

I totally forgot about Heart of Darkness. (and I didn't know he worked on Future Wars)
Beautiful game, but my patience for the difficulty had worn out by that time so I never made it very far.

There is a sequel to Another World/Out of this World called Heart of the Alien. I think it only released on Sega CD though.

Nabs

So is RO2 worth playing? I've had it for a while now, but never had a reason to try it out.

I heard of a lot of technical issues with Papo & Yo on PS3. I wonder if those are all ironed out with this release. Either way, I'll be waiting for a massive discount.

So is RO2 worth playing? I've had it for a while now, but never had a reason to try it out.

I heard of a lot of technical issues with Papo & Yo on PS3. I wonder if those are all ironed out with this release. Either way, I'll be waiting for a massive discount.

It's worth playing once to see if you like it, the shooting and getting kills is pretty unique and satisfying if you are in the mood for a good realistic shooter with some interesting maps and gameplay mechanics.

I payed $50 on day 1 and dropped it pretty fast, but the short time I spent with it was definitely "worth playing." So yea.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
oh, nope, it's still the gourd+straw (had to look in wikipedia for english terms lol) combo, just not ceramic lol.

right now I'm drinking it off a fish-shaped gourd that's the stupidest gourd I've ever seen.

Sounds pretty baller to me, bro. I have a traditional gourd a friend got me while he was living in Argentina that has my name on it, too.

We made a poppy-seed cake last friday

and I ate half

That reminds me that I set a world banana-eating record the other day. I ate two and a half bananas. In a row.

I own this shit

6887189404_cafba4490b_z.jpg

yerba 24/7 suckers

shit. shit.

My next house could have a squat toilet so long as it had one of these in it.

Anyway, nice discussion about tea and shit. You guys need to drop by that tea thread I was pimping earlier. I'd love to have you guys there.

gatisimo

I own this shit

yerba 24/7 suckers

That's pretty incredible. My mom comes to my house every Sunday, and we make sure to have some mate cocido every time. She also taught my wife how to brew yerbiado, which is basically mate but served as tea in a cup. My wife is hooked on it now, but hates mate.

When my mom and I first came to NYC from Argentina, the first thing she did was go to a bodega and ask if they sold yerba (which means "herb"). The guy behind the counter was like SHHHHH, yes, come to the back...

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Do you have a hammer at hand? Hide it, lock it in a safe. Or else you'll destroy something with it, engulfed in an unstoppable gaming rage.

It's a beautiful rage, mind you.
I'm waaay too laid back for this to happen ( ̄‿ ̄)ノ

I watched or read through a Let's Play of it years ago (and have forgotten all of the plot and puzzle solutions, thankfully) so yeah, I have an inkling of all the deaths I'm in for.

Oh us British have some funny old sayings. Some of the regional dialects would make most people's ears bleed.
Ahahaha, I honestly thought you'd just mistyped "pumped". Serves me right for not examining the search engine results more closely.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well you made it too easy. Plus who doesn't like The Who?
No idea, but I can't explain why. I can't imagine a man who doesn't like them, if I ever find one I'll ask myself: is it in my head?

OK, I'm running out of ideas, I definitely need to be getting in tune here. And you probably had enough of this bad puns, so I'll sing a new song instead. Oh well, I better get going, I have an amazing journey from here to my home.

I don't know as I haven't played it yet, but don't buy it on Steam! It's only a dollar here http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
I call it a bargain. The best you ever had.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it's a pretty time demanding game if you want to get on it. in theory it sounded right up my alley but it's not intuitive in the slightest.

Sounds pretty baller to me, bro. I have a traditional gourd a friend got me while he was living in Argentina that has my name on it, too.
yeah it's just that its fins make it always fall to the side lol

Wow, we're near the magic 200/400 pages number. Who's making the new Steam thread this time?

I'll miss you first 2013 thread :'(

P.S.: Mate is overrated.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thought about buying Orcs Must Die 1 & 2 but decided to buy the sequel twice instead and gift a copy to my brother for coop. I really should try to think about sales before they only have around 1 hour left though lol, I did the same when deciding about Sleeping Dogs + DLC.

MNC

What the fuck is this tea shit?

I have this theory, that tea does not have any flavour. It is only the smell that makes you think there is flavour

Donate money to me now.

Anyway, I see this thread has almost ended. What's the best game you've played during this thread?

GOTTA BE BIOSHOCK INFINITE MAN DAT STORY

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I have this theory, that tea does not have any flavour. It is only the smell that makes you think there is flavour

Donate money to me now.

Anyway, I see this thread has almost ended. What's the best game you've played during this thread?

I rather end the thread on Tea Talk than that.

Edit: Tea Talk with Salsa and the gang. Kickstart that shit.

zkylon

zkylewd

Donate money to me now.

if that's a realy question, bio infinite prolly. super hexagon has been really good too.

FloatOn

I'm a total tea novice but I would love to drink something out of one of those gourd things.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom