• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there any big, good or significant news in the past two weeks? I've got so much work to do, my rss feed has blown up and I can barely keep up with Twitter.

Hasney

Were there any big, good or significant news in the past two weeks? I've got so much work to do, my rss feed has blown up and I can barely keep up with Twitter.

Watch dogs "looks like shit", Infamous pre-orders are more than TLoU in the UK and the domestication of the dog continues unabated.

Arthea

new Batman was announced, jokes about whatch dogs are still hilarious and steam still struggles, but not in SA, it seems.
forgot most important thing! we finally got Popcap HB

March 21st Huh? Console release is a few days before.
I have a feeling the price won't be very appreciated =P.

I have this feeling too.

edited: I like how "Best Use of Excessive Violence Award" is a thing (><)

Tizoc

why is Yaiba NGZ not tagged all caps yet? (><)
we can tag unreleased games, can't we?
why no trailer I wonder.

March 21st Huh? Console release is a few days before.
I have a feeling the price won't be very appreciated =P.

Tenrius

What are those early access weapons though? I'm not sure I like the idea.

that doesn't make any sense!

Well, I'd rather play it comfortably on the PS3 than on my laptop. The latter will probably handle the game decently enough, but I just want it to be as smooth as possible. I actually might preorder it on Steam as well, because I'm definitely getting both versions in any case.

Morning fellow GAFfers, just got my e-mail from amazon.uk:

Hello,
Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on November 14 2013

"Dark Souls II - Black Armour Edition (PC CD)"
Estimated arrival date: April 28 2014 - May 02 2014

----

This is not going to be easy at all to wait... May? Come on, I was already prepared for this to miss my birthday in March but this is going to take some time due international shipping. All these dates and releases messing up my monthly budget. Oh well, as long it gets here... ;)
It's showing as out of stock right now :(

I too have preordered Dark Souls II
for the PS3
You've betrayed us all!

The_Monk

I've been checking every now and then (amazon.uk) and it's been out of stock for quite some while fellow GAFfer. Unless you were mentioning amazon.com. I'm just curious if they will deliver to me the pre-order bonus since those are out of stock and new pre-orders won't get it (it was some sort of signed metal art card). My guess is, with so many PS360 pre-orders they will forget the PC Pre-orders bonus and my game will not arrive with that little extra. I can only wait and see but until then, it's still a long time.

See you all later my good people. :)

Anteater

Maybe they fixed the existing ones first

tumblr_lxllnpckog1qlprrf2h.gif

Watch dogs "looks like shit", Infamous pre-orders are more than TLoU in the UK and the domestication of the dog continues unabated.

new Batman was announced, jokes about whatch dogs are still hilarious and steam still struggles, but not in SA, it seems.
forgot most important thing! we finally got Popcap HB

Thanks, I was more asking about PC gaming/Steam related news, but thanks.

I thought the PopCap HB was kinda disappointing.

Question, do y'all take a lot of screenshots and publish them? I mean, I love the Activity feed and putting up some shitty captions but judging by my lack of friends, I seem to be bothering others with it :/ Of maybe that's my perception, because I don't see others doing it intently?

I spoiler things, but I get excited by the F12 compression! If only to capture that moment and reflect on it after a play session...

"I do." [/Dr Shen]

I enjoy it. I do it partly as a pictorial memento of the enjoyable time I had with the game and partly for the lulz. Most of my captions are very suggestive and distinctly politically incorrect which appeals to my sense of humour. If anyone else reads them and enjoys them that's a bonus but I really do it to amuse myself :).

If that appeals to you feel free to add me on Steam [link in my GAF profile] :p.

Also you all Riki lovers are insane, it's second worst character in gaming!

Nah, he's cute.

Who's the worst? Snake?

That's not hilarious, that's annoying! also pon talk is even more annoying. Really, he's horrible, how can you tolerate something like that?

Easily. He's comic relief. That's the point of the character. I like how he is constantly boasting about how amazing he is when he is in fact pretty rubbish. That's part of his charm. I like to think the devs are trolling players who are overly self congratulatory when they are in fact rubbish e.g. "im an expert."

Dr Dogg

Work finished and the weekend finally here. What with RE4 and South Park knocked out and FM14 taking up my daily interest as well as close to 2 month for DSII, I guess it's time to revisit the backlog. Star Trek it is! (I'm going to regret this aren't i?)

Physical Black Armour Edition sold out months ago in the UK There are standard copies floating around in the £18-£22 range and then there's key resellers. Basically still cheaper then the Steam price which is barmy. I guess Namco set the RRP at £39.99.

Thanks for gifting me Dark Souls 2, you know who you are :p

Well better safe than sorry ;). Nah that's an awesome gesture and gifted to someone who really deserves it.

What client would you recommend? I just installed an addon for Chrome, but I don't know if it works

Twitter recently changed something with their API and some third-party clients can't accept new users and will no longer be supported, I'm still kind of confused by it.

I'm using Janetter, but the desktop version is one of the apps affected by this, otherwise I'd recommend it. :/ I used a chrome plugin before as well, but started using a dedicated app because the functionality changed everytime Google pushed out a browser update and I was getting annoyed by it.

I only know that the official app, tweetdeck, still works, haven't used it in ages though.

Zia

It sure damn should've been. Either FROM or Scamco.

So, the TowerFall embargo is up today apparently. Don't know if they decided to release early, or are just trying to beat the Dark Souls II / Titanfall pressplosion.

I've had a blast with it. The BF and I have been doing nightly co-op quest runs for the past month, and it's such messy fun. The skill ceiling isn't as high as Samurai Gunn or Nidhogg, but it's probably a better pick up and play party game. And there seems to be plenty of "content" in this ver, with I think about ten co-op quests, each with a normal and hardcore mode, along with an also-new trials mode that I haven't touched. The game also tracks stats for many things, which is fun.

Hope it isn't completely overshadowed by The Big Two. While I don't think it's as perfect as Nidhogg, or as demanding as Samurai Gunn, grabbing and arcing arrows is still a fucking blast and I think the pace of the game and co-op options mean it'll appeal to a greater number of people on GAF. I rate it four out of five troll dolls riding a hot dog.

Caerith

Question, do y'all take a lot of screenshots and publish them? I mean, I love the Activity feed and putting up some shitty captions but judging by my lack of friends, I seem to be bothering others with it :/ Of maybe that's my perception, because I don't see others doing it intently?

I spoiler things, but I get excited by the F12 compression! If only to capture that moment and reflect on it after a play session...

I've published 569 screenshots on Steam. I thought it would be more than that.

def sim

Post all the screenshots you want, duders. I like seeing games I may play in the near future.

Also, sorry for the ACM shots.

Steam Forums is getting all crazy regarding the price of Dark Souls 2.

I don't get it. Is $49.99/49.99&#8364;/£39.99 that bad for a game like Dark Souls?

Seems like a perfectly normal price point.

I don't get it. Is $49.99/49.99&#8364;/£39.99 that bad for a game like Dark Souls?

Don't think there's any topic that Steam Forums don't have crazy irrational opinions about.

Hasney

I don't get it. Is $49.99/49.99€/£39.99 that bad for a game like Dark Souls?

Until this year, almost all PC games were £29.99 on release.

I'm not too bothered as the Steam price is easily beaten by a bunch of other retailers, but some people like to buy through Steam. Still can't believe that's also the price of South Park.

Arthea

I don't get it. Is $49.99/49.99€/£39.99 that bad for a game like Dark Souls?

how is that perfectly normal price if you live anywhere but US?
not going to steam forums to see what are you talking about (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom