• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yall recommend playing New Vegas vanilla the first time around or is there a mod I should install prior to? I've played it many times but never finished it because some of the situations you get put in started stressing me out and I had to start new games up until the same point and just stopped playing all together on the PS3 lol. I have all the DLCs btw. Should I enable all the weapon packs or which ones should I keep?
Texture pack and unofficial -insert Bethesda RPG- patch.

Caerith

Do yall recommend playing New Vegas vanilla the first time around or is there a mod I should install prior to? I've played it many times but never finished it because some of the situations you get put in started stressing me out and I had to start new games up until the same point and just stopped playing all together on the PS3 lol. I have all the DLCs btw. Should I enable all the weapon packs or which ones should I keep?

MMUE is the only mod you should run to keep it as "vanilla" as possible, since it's basically just a huge collection of bug fixes/content restoration stuff. Keep the story DLC enabled (they're in their own areas anyway, if you wanted to ignore them), keep Gun Runners' Arsenal enabled (it adds weapons to the world/shops, not your inventory). Courier's Stash is the only one I'd consider disabling (it adds stuff to your inventory and has a magical canteen of infinite fresh water, but you could just drop all that stuff on the ground if you don't want to have it).

Texture pack and unofficial -insert Bethesda RPG- patch.

I don't like how the texture pack changes the textures rather than just being highres versions of the existing ones.

Mission Mojave, vanilla otherwise, imo. I'd just leave the weapon packs on though. They don't seem to mess with too much in the beginning, but if you'd rather go completely stock, then sure you could disable them.

But Mission Mojave is a must.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I really like A World of Pain for New Vegas. The guy who made it is a real talent at using the vanilla assets to make these really rich, beautiful lived in levels, and it's done more or less unobtrusively on the default game. He connects this vast underground world with a few out of the way doors here and there, and a little shop just inside Goodsprings.

A lot of it reminds me of The Glow from the original Fallout, which is hands down my favorite Fallout location. Bring your Rad-Away.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to deal with stutters and dips in Assassin's Creed 4? I got a GTX770 and it runs like ass sometimes.

The game's performance became wonky after the PhysX patch as even if you have PhysX disabled the game still uses ApeX for cloth simulation.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm glad you posted that demo, while fun, playing it reminded me it is just a fun side scroller mech game and not my unreasonable expectation of another Ranger X/Ex-Ranzer or Assault Suits Leynos 2 like I'm starved for.

On the wishlist still, but not something I'll buy any time soon due to so many other games to play first.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://www.desura.com/games/6180-the-moon/news/the-first-anniversary-and-a-big-announcement-for-u
greenlight title 6180 the moon is free for 4 days on Desura,
the developer said you will receive a Steam key when it greenlit.

Don't forget to upvote.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121952034

I see there's a DDE. I've asked if that'll be released on Steam in the event that the game is greenlit and, if so, if those who bought it will receive the Steam flavour.

topyy

Yeah, downloading the free version doesn't seem to add the game to your Desura collection. Anyone know how to do that?

this one
5sF5uQ4.png

bkw

Thanks for the heads up on 6180 the moon! The game looked like a lot of fun when it was presented on the indie supershow.

Bluth54

for some reason, the Proxyserver in the internet explorer LAN settings was set to 127.0.0.1:8888, no idea what caused that...

I can login again, and it just started the pre-load too \o/
Now let's see if everything works this time...

I would do a scan with your AV program, sometimes viruses will change your proxy server to 127.0.0.1

KenOD

I did it, I beat Spelunky!

Sure it took 365 tries and mostly using the alien plasma cannon to dig a tunnel at the end, but I did it.

My only regret is I couldn't hug any of the penguins.

Ok I got 6180 the Moon added to my collection. Don't know exactly how but here is what I did:

Click on the link on the website, open Desura intall and play: Didn't add it to collection

Inside the client, browse through the store and click on the "Free" 6180 the Moon and install: added to my collection

Still gives me the option to completely remove it from my account though.

Tizoc

Those with the Broken Age discount coupon should use it now, since it should apply on the current discount on Steam.

KenOD

I brought a giant gold statue home to put in me money bin. That's a good enough adventure for me to say I beat it.

I shall return to it of course, and perhaps someday get past 2-1 for the daily challenge, but in my heart my actual quest has been competed.

Edit: Oh and thank you for the notice topyy, fun game 6180 to the Moon. It's a nice simple platformer after Spelunky and I needed that.

fantomena

Fuck it. Buying DS2 from GMG for 38,90$. Usually, if a game has region restrictions I should not be able to buy it on GMG. And if GMG adds region restrictions to DS2, Im just gonna usa a US VPN to activate it.

Deques

Really? I had a discount code for Velocity Ultra and it stacked with its Steam discount during a Weeklong deal.

Here is the description for the coupon.
25% off on the title Broken Age Discount For Double Fine Loyalty.
Can't be applied with other discounts.

(Valid until 2014-3-15 01:11:00)

Learn more about Steam Coupons

The Velocity Ultra coupon could be stacked since it didn't state that it couldn't be stacked

Fuck it. Buying DS2 from GMG for 38,90$. Usually, if a game has region restrictions I should not be able to buy it on GMG. And if GMG adds region restrictions to DS2, Im just gonna usa a US VPN to activate it.

Buy it with your card money!

dreamfall

I've been thinking about it too.

And then there's South Park on GMG, for $45, with $13 credit. Choices all over the place!

Prepare to Buy indeed.

Question, do y'all take a lot of screenshots and publish them? I mean, I love the Activity feed and putting up some shitty captions but judging by my lack of friends, I seem to be bothering others with it :/ Of maybe that's my perception, because I don't see others doing it intently?

I spoiler things, but I get excited by the F12 compression! If only to capture that moment and reflect on it after a play session...

mannerbot

I did it, I beat Spelunky!

Sure it took 365 tries and mostly using the alien plasma cannon to dig a tunnel at the end, but I did it.

My only regret is I couldn't hug any of the penguins.

Grats, now go to Hell!

Heh, I just plain forgot to do one of the things to go to Hell and wound up having to just do a normal run there (don't like playing for score much, was getting the Big Money achievement). I should go back and get a $1M+ Hell run in so my leaderboard entry doesn't look so goofy. And if you want some pointers or anything I'm always happy to help people Spelunk! 8)

Tizoc

Huh i see ah well my bad.
Wayward manir is neil gaiman's game? How did i not know this til now been looking forward to it for a while now.

Arthea

Congratulations to all those waiting for DS2, lucky bastards!
I'm not buying DS2, not any time soon, I will be still playing through FFX and X-2 remakes at that time and long after that, as far as I can remember 100%-ing those games take ages. I won't be playing seriously any steam games for a long time, unless Trails is suddenly released, than I'm back in a blink and FF can wait.

Also you all Riki lovers are insane, it's second worst character in gaming!

Steam still work in strange ways, it's better now than last week, at least.

Also gave in and bought Vanguard Princess yesterday, haven't played it yet, though.

Skyborn isn't that short I was led to believe, happens all the time.

edited:
just a reminder, Pier Solar is now on greenlight
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171541685

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If your game is artistically akin to the bottom of the barrel of uninspired Sega Genesis game art, you should never ever charge more than 10 dollars for your game. If you want to charge more get someone who is an actual artist to help you out with the visual aspect.

Seriously these games drawn by technical dorks who don't have an artistic bone in their body are getting on my nerves.

Arthea

She is terrible in FFX, true, but gets way better in FFX-2 (mostly due to the fact that both Yuna and Paine are terrible).

lol, I wasn't talking about Rikku, but about Riki from Xenoblade. Rikku is OK, not terrible in FFX too, for me that is, nor Yuna or Paine, OTOH Riki and his tribe are terrible.

If your game is artistically akin to the bottom of the barrel of uninspired Sega Genesis game art, you should never ever charge more than 10 dollars for your game. If you want to charge more get someone who is an actual artist to help you out with the visual aspect.

Seriously these games drawn by technical dorks who don't have an artistic bone in their body are getting on my nerves.

but you don't know how much they gonna charge. And it doesn't look that bad, c'mon (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom