• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

lol, I wasn't talking about Rikku, but about Riki from Xenoblade. Rikku is OK, not terrible in FFX too, for me that is, nor Yuna or Paine, OTOH Riki and his tribe are terrible.

Ah... Heh, I couldn't get into Xenoblade (or, tbh, any other console jRPG after DQ8 and FF12). The fact that I can't emulate it at 100%, resulting in various audio fuckups certainly doesn't help.

Deques

When do they take money if you pre-order?

Most likely when you pre-order. But I don't know, I haven't bought from them before. More interestingly is if you get pre-order bonus from them.

Don't know if someone mentioned it before, but judging from steamdb there seems to be a lot of movement on Dawn of War 2 and its expansion:

http://steamdb.info/app/15620/#section_history
http://steamdb.info/app/20570/#section_history

Are they removing gfwl?

I hope so :) I am hoping achievements too

koma

Darks Souls 2 PC is really tempting, but as i'd like to play it with friends that will not buy it at full price, i'll have to wait for a huge price drop :(

Anteater

fucking god I hate those background ads on gamersgate, because I have this shitty habit of clicking on the page randomly for absolutely no reason, fml

if gaf has background ads evilore would be a billionaire by now

Arthea

I thought it was Rikku?
What's a Riki?

845449.jpg

Arthea

huh riki is cool

he keep yelling dumb shit during fights like RIKI STRONG and RIKI LIKE EASY FIGHT

it's hilarious

LIKE FUCKING LOOK AT HIM

That's not hilarious, that's annoying! also pon talk is even more annoying. Really, he's horrible, how can you tolerate something like that?!

Can't I redeem the PopCap bundle on Steam?

you can, it can be redeemed on steam and origin.

Hasney

Why are you guys so anxious to pre-order DS2? It releases in about 2 months and you have no idea of the state the port will be in.

DS1 was the worst port you could hope for, yet even without DSFix, would have been perfectly fine due to the gameplay.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's not hilarious, that's annoying! also pon talk is even more annoying. Really, he's horrible, how can you tolerate something like that?!

i like dumb stuff

Why are you guys so anxious to pre-order DS2? It releases in about 2 months and you have no idea of the state the port will be in.

i dunno I just want it in my possession T_T

btw how much is the game on the states?

it's 50 bucks here in argietown

Hasney

i like dumb stuff

i dunno I just want it in my possession T_T

btw how much is the game on the states?

it's 50 bucks here in argietown

GMG seems to have it for $38 with a code on the previous page. $50 seems standard elsewhere though.

Knurek

It's weird that he couldn't get into any other JPRG after the bullshit loading times of DQVIII. Maybe it burned him out :S

Was it really that bad? It's been ages since I played last, PS2 is gathering dust in the closet. Other than the menus taking a second or two to open, can't remember anything annoying about load times (PAL version, no backups used, 2-3ish years old laser).

I liked the game, pretty much 100% it, spent roughly 80 hours.
This plus 75 hours in FFXII seemed to have satiated my jRPG hunger. Been trying to get back into some, but usually I drop them after a few hours.

Arthea

Was it really that bad? It's been ages since I played last, PS2 is gathering dust in the closet. Other than the menus taking a second or two to open, can't remember anything annoying about load times (PAL version, no backups used, 2-3ish years old laser).

This plus 75 hours in FFXII seemed to have satiated my jRPG hunger. Been trying to get back into some, but usually I drop them after a few hours.

DQ8 really wasn't that bad, not bad at all, Suikoden 5 and ToA tested my patience to the fullest, loading times are real issue in those.

It's understandable, FF12 is an incredibly boring game, I took break from JRPGs after it too.

Hasney

Probably finished FFXII more times than any other RPG in existence. I need to see if I can get that translated International Job version working on my PS3 again.

Glass Rebel

As far as DQ games go it's pretty bad. The DS remakes for example are really fast. Not saying that it makes the game unplayable or anything but it can be extremely annoying. Final Fantasy IX is similar. Both games really need remakes/remasters.

DQ8 really wasn't that bad, not bad at all, Suikoden 5 and ToA tested my patience to the fullest, loading times are real issue in those.

It's understandable, FF12 is an incredibly boring game, I took break from JRPGs after it too.

smh

Knurek

Dunno, man, I loved the game, although I like all Matsuno games.
Not sure if I'd play it the second time, though. Maybe if it had full Steamworks suite (achievs, cards, workshop for custom hunts).

In more Steam related news, LEGO LotR is slowly getting done. Wrapped up the main game on Sunday (~33%) and currently I'm at 56% completion. Freeplaying the levels without FAQs, trying to get as many collectibles as I can without looking up solutions. Loving the game, whoever said collect-a-thons were dead obviously hasn't played AssCreed and LEGO games.

Hasney

In more Steam related news, LEGO LotR is slowly getting done. Wrapped up the main game on Sunday (~33%) and currently I'm at 56% completion. Freeplaying the levels without FAQs, trying to get as many collectibles as I can without looking up solutions. Loving the game, whoever said collect-a-thons were dead obviously hasn't played AssCreed and LEGO games.

True. I got bored of hunting for those fragments in AC4 pretty quickly, but since the bricks in the Marvel Lego unlocked levels which then unlocked characters so I had a tangible reason for collecting them, it never got old. Ended up 100%ing it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Question, do y'all take a lot of screenshots and publish them? I mean, I love the Activity feed and putting up some shitty captions but judging by my lack of friends, I seem to be bothering others with it :/ Of maybe that's my perception, because I don't see others doing it intently?

I spoiler things, but I get excited by the F12 compression! If only to capture that moment and reflect on it after a play session...
I love taking screenshots and adding a (stupid) caption to them. I also love seeing my Steam friends doing the same! So don't feek bad about it, and if you think something's a spoiler, you can always mark said checkbox when you're uploading it.

Keep those screenshots coming, everyone!

Arthea

I need to play this one too, haven't even started it yet, *too many games, too little time*. IDK why in some games I get collect all shit fever in some I don't, like in AC games I don't.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have Lego LOTR on the 360, great fun. Really good if you're a fan of the movies. I haven't really watched them since they came out and it made me all nostalgic. Plenty to do too. The Lego games are getting progressively better anyway.

Unlocks today for me. So psyched. I used a VPN to play the first twenty minutes earlier this week and it was utterly hilarious.

Lord British
(Today, 10:45 AM)

Ha, yeah. I'm a brit too in the same boat. Played about 20-30 minutes over the last couple of evenings but will be getting stuck in now that I don't have to use the VPN.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Eets Munchies had been updated, Steam achievements added.
It'll be out of the 0.1 range in no time, but it still looks pretty cool. For now. :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
fucking god I hate those background ads on gamersgate, because I have this shitty habit of clicking on the page randomly for absolutely no reason, fml

if gaf has background ads evilore would be a billionaire by now
Haha, same here. I also tend to right-click all the time, for no reason at all. And I always try to make the contextual menu fit inside the text layout of the page I'm currently browsing. Yeah, I'm nuts.

Knurek

Unlocks today for me. So psyched. I used a VPN to play the first twenty minutes earlier this week and it was utterly hilarious.

Sigh, you people with your monies to spend on games on release.
Seems I'll be playing South Park in 2015 (good thing it that Obsidian may patch the game by this time).
Still, so jelly.

The_Monk

Morning fellow GAFfers, just got my e-mail from amazon.uk:

Hello,
Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on November 14 2013

"Dark Souls II - Black Armour Edition (PC CD)"
Estimated arrival date: April 28 2014 - May 02 2014

----

This is not going to be easy at all to wait... May? Come on, I was already prepared for this to miss my birthday in March but this is going to take some time due international shipping. All these dates and releases messing up my monthly budget. Oh well, as long it gets here... ;)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Seems I'll be playing South Park in 2015 (good thing it that Obsidian may patch the game by this time).
Still, so jelly.

I traded a TF2 gun I got from buying Sam & Max for my copy. I love Steam and people paying me for virtual things.

Still, so jelly.

I got mine for 9 crate keys, some of which I got for selling a £2.49 copy of Paper Monsters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom