• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruteUA

I used to try to answer each and every email I was sent, regardless of how the sender presented themselves. As Enhanced Steam now has over 700,000 downloads, that's just honestly a task I could never accomplish by myself. If I have a response, or if your email prompts me to make a change, I usually try to send a note back. If you've emailed me about Enhanced Steam and haven't got a response, don't take it personally, as my time is limited.

If it wasn't for the fact that my responses would surely cause people to blame you and ES rather than me, I would volunteer to reply to some of these.

"Y U APP NO GIV ME ALL GAMEZ FREE?"
Because nobody loves you. - Brute

Hey, hey, hey. SteamGaf GOTY Rouge Legacy is not lame. Granted everyone who was interested probably owns it by now.

eh I bought it for like a buck or something last year and played it for like 20 minutes before getting bored. I don't really think Spelunky is all that fun either.

Hotline Miami 2 is probably the only indie I'm hyped for this year. And whatever the MotN dudes are working on of course.

FloatOn

eh I bought it for like a buck or something last year and played it for like 20 minutes before getting bored. I don't really think Spelunky is all that fun either.

Hotline Miami 2 is probably the only indie I'm hyped for this year. And whatever the MotN dudes are working on of course.

They have been busy supporting Don't Stave but this is their next game:
http://kleientertainment.com/games/invisibleinc/

It's supposed to be inspired by XCOM so I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

Grief.exe

Come on man, indie gaming is the back bone of what makes the PC such an amazing platform. Indie studios are the on the short list of people in the industry trying to create something new and compelling.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The LazyGuysBundle again gave me my keys as a semi-colon separated list without the names of the game being included. Is the order of the games on the page the same as the order of the game keys?

Vargavinter

Bah Nuuvem is having a sale on a few games I wanted but it won't let me buy any games from my region. Was looking forward to play Bioshock and Fallout New Vegas. :(

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The LazyGuysBundle again gave me my keys as a semi-colon separated list without the names of the game being included. Is the order of the games on the page the same as the order of the game keys?

the order is the same, I had the same problem :p

that really must be the most impractical way ever to send game keys...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Plain Sight -- MB-EA9B83FB61290789 - Taken by Sub Zero. 5 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Infinite Loop (Desura) -- MB-170E0478B3C995CB - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.

t1394214091z1.png

Come on man, indie gaming is the back bone of what makes the PC such an amazing platform. Indie studios are the on the short list of people in the industry trying to create something new and compelling.

I don't really agree. Looking at my Steam library I'd say stuff like CSGO, Ys games, Vampire: TM and good versions of Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Last Remnant, etc are what make PC a great platform. Indies are very hit or miss and usually really limited in genre. They seem to usually just stick to 2D platformers/shootemups and the adventure/visual novel/artsy "nongame" stuff. Of course there's exceptions like Path of Exile and Rust/DayZ, all of which I had zero fun playing. Different strokes etc.

I'll just say the day can't come soon enough that more indies start doing full 3D stuff. Even if it looks like a super clean PS2 game, that's more than good enough. Enough 2D indie platformers, bring on indie 3D platformers.

I totally would be. :) Okay, maybe not the greatest....
greetest?

In case anyone is curious, here is the first email I received from this fine Steam citizen.

I feel violated after reading that :'(.

I'm not sad, I just don't get it!

Oh, sorry. Dr Shen is a NPC in XCOM EU and in one of the cut scenes he says "I do". I've seen it so many times that when I went to type "I do" I could hear his voice in my mind :).

If you've not yet played the game it's worth a look and if it looks like fun to you I heartily commend it to you :).

Hey, hey, hey. SteamGaf GOTY Rouge Legacy is not lame. Granted everyone who was interested probably owns it by now.

Nope.

Has anyone here completed a quest in Hack, Slash, Loot? The random level generator seems to be stacked highly against you.

Nope. I found it very brutal but spent a fun few hours enjoying it nonetheless. I thought it was just because I was really bad at the game so I'm glad to hear that it's not just me :D.

If it wasn't for the fact that my responses would surely cause people to blame you and ES rather than me, I would volunteer to reply to some of these.

"Y U APP NO GIV ME ALL GAMEZ FREE?"
Because nobody loves you. - Brute

You should message Maneil99 on Steam in that persona asking for free games. He LOVES that!

:p

They have been busy supporting Don't Stave but this is their next game:
http://kleientertainment.com/games/invisibleinc/

It's supposed to be inspired by XCOM so I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.

:eek:

This game was already on my radar because I loved MOTN but if it's inspired by XCOM then that raises it right up my totem pole of HYPE! :D

Okay but what's that to do with what he said? If they didn't like the game they didn't like the game.

EDIT - Sorry Grief, I missed the 'indie' part of their post. My point still stands though; one man's meat and all that.

Grief.exe

I don't really agree. Looking at my Steam library I'd say stuff like CSGO, Ys games, Vampire: TM and good versions of Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Last Remnant, etc are what make PC a great platform. Indies are very hit or miss and usually really limited in genre. They seem to usually just stick to 2D platformers/shootemups and the adventure/visual novel/artsy "nongame" stuff. Of course there's exceptions like Path of Exile and Rust/DayZ, all of which I had zero fun playing. Different strokes etc.

I'll just say the day can't come soon enough that more indies start doing full 3D stuff. Even if it looks like a super clean PS2 game, that's more than good enough. Enough 2D indie platformers, bring on indie 3D platformers.

That is kind of an ignorant stance to take as indie gaming literally covers all genres.

EDIT - Sorry Grief, I missed the 'indie' part of their post. My point still stands though; one man's meat and all that.

I never said he should all of a sudden like Rogue Legacy or Spelunky, I didn't really like those titles all that much either. I can see why people enjoy them, but I am not too big of a platformer fan.
Just trying to get him to open up his knowledge a bit and check out some other Indie titles.

I really really should stop playing drunk CS:GO. First few matches are okay, but after certain point there's a peak after which you just can't plan ahead and aim

Dolor

I really really should stop playing drunk CS:GO. First few matches are okay, but after certain point there's a peak after which you just can't plan ahead and aim

No, no, please continue playing. That's the only way players like me can get their K/D ratio above 0.5...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

*checks top 100 best-selling games on Steam, filters for independent developers*
Rust - Open world survival (3D)
Banished - Real-time strategy (3D)
Assetto Corsa - Racing (3D)
Broken Age - adventure (2D)
Rogue Legacy - platforming RPG (2D)
Plague Inc - Puzzle / strategy (2D)
Edge of Space - 2D Sandbox (2D)
7 Ways to Die - Open world survival (3D)
One Finger Death Punch - ??? (2D)
Starbound - 2D Sandbox (2D)
Project Zomboid - Isometric survival (2.5D)
Planetary Annihilation - Real-time strategy (3D)
Infested Planet - Real-time strategy (3D)
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - RPG (3D)
Space Engineers - Space sandbox (3D)
Terraria - 2D Sandbox (2D)
Insurgency - Multiplayer FPS (3D)
Kerbal Space Program - Simulator (3D)
Age of Wonders III - Real-time Turn-based strategy (3D)
Next Car Game - Racing (3D)
Hawken - Multiplayer mech combat (3D)
Don't Starve - Survival roguelike (2.5D)
The Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing - ARPG (3D)
Blackguards - Strategy RPG (3D)
Outlast - Horror adventure (3D)
Lifeless Planet - Exploration platformer (2.5D)
Trine 2 - Physics driven puzzle platformer (3D)
The Banner Saga - Turn-based strategy RPG (2.5D)
The Stanley Parable - First-person comedy adventure (3D)
Octodad Dadliest Catch - Husband simulator (3D)

It doesn't look limited in genre to me, and that's just including the stuff that's selling the best. It doesn't look mostly 2D--I used 2.5D to mean either 3D art with 2D gameplay or 2D-ish art with 3D-ish gameplay, mostly platformers, or mostly non-games. Now maybe you don't like any of this stuff, but it's all independent, and it mostly meets your appeal for diversity. It's out there if you want to try it.

I mainly did this to caution people against defining "indie" to mean "a few types of games that I don't like", and then using that definition to make the argument that indie games aren't any good and limited in range. Because that's a circular argument.

That is kind of an ignorant stance to take as indie gaming literally covers all genres.

It's not like I won't play indies, like I said I really enjoyed Mark of the Ninja and Hotline Miami, as well as Super Meat Boy, Guacamelee and various others like Trine/2. I've got The Swapper from the humble bundle that I'm gonna start sometime soon as well. Just saying, it's not really the reason I think PC is such a great platform. They're nice appetizers to my Dark Souls PTDE, Metal Gear Rising and DMC4.

no, please...
No, no, please continue playing. That's the only way players like me can get their K/D ratio above 0.5...
Continue. :p

I'm actually having a really hard time adjusting to playing CS:GO at 60fps now. I played at 40 or lower for over 100 hours, and now it feels like I have to relearn how to aim. I keep futzing with my sensitivity more. :/

r3n4ud

It's not like I won't play indies, like I said I really enjoyed Mark of the Ninja and Hotline Miami, as well as Super Meat Boy, Guacamelee and various others like Trine/2. I've got The Swapper from the humble bundle that I'm gonna start sometime soon as well. Just saying, it's not really the reason I think PC is such a great platform. They're nice appetizers to my Dark Souls PTDE, Metal Gear Rising and DMC4.

Boy if it wasn't for indies, pc releases would be few and far between.

Age of Wonders III - Real-time strategy (3D)

I checked the store page for this, for some reason I can't remember the other titles in that series? Makes me think of Age of Mythologies(which is amazing). In any case wishlisted it and really interested in it now.

Which brings me to my second thought of how it's annoying that Steam directly lists ROW on game pages and your account, makes me feel ripped off and dirty considering I'm in the US. If I wanted a ROW copy I'd call up Salsashark or a comrade from the motherland. Yes, I know how it works just saying lol.

Salsa

Spelunky is one of the best games ever made

I get that it might not be for everyone, but at the same time many years after I spent hundreds of hours in the original free version, I still can't believe how good it is

indies are undoubtedly what takes PC ahead of everything else for me

yeayea bring the 3ds jokes

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I checked the store page for this, for some reason I can't remember the other titles in that series? Makes me think of Age of Mythologies(which is amazing). In any case wishlisted it and really interested in it now.

The Age of Wonders games are not real time strategy...

There more like a mix between Warlords, Heroes of Might and Magic and Civilization.

Loved the second one back in the day!

Tellaerin

Those aren't unique to the PC, though. :/ I think one of the things that makes the PC amazing is that nowadays you get the cream of the console crop and awesome PC-only titles, including - but not limited to - ones from indie devs.

Of course, that's just, like, my opinion, maaaaan.

no, please...
Continue. :p

I'm actually having a really hard time adjusting to playing CS:GO at 60fps now. I played at 40 or lower for over 100 hours, and now it feels like I have to relearn how to aim. I keep futzing with my sensitivity more. :/

I am playing at ~20fps when there is stuff happening

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761141

but I have learned to play with it...

But I do have a rather long history with FPS's and I played Enemy Territory until like 2008 with a PC with AMD Duron 1.7ghz and Geforce MX440SE so I am kinda used to it. My next PC build will hopefully be a beast so I can finally experience 60fps

I never said he should all of a sudden like Rogue Legacy or Spelunky, I didn't really like those titles all that much either. I can see why people enjoy them, but I am not too big of a platformer fan.
Just trying to get him to open up his knowledge a bit and check out some other Indie titles.

Gotcha.

I wonder if you will try and dissuade me from my prejudice towards AAA mainstream cinematic 'bro' games :p.

I am playing at ~20fps when there is stuff happening

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761141

but I have learned to play with it...
I spent a ton of time under 30fps in full casual matches or on maps like Cobble when I was playing on my laptop. :/ I don't know what I was doing to compensate for the lag, but it's made my aim worse now.

Your CPU is beefier than my laptop's, I think. I have an A10-5745M 2.10Ghz and I was running it at 1360x768 (high detail models, medium effects, low shadows), so I dunno.

Anyone buy One Finger Death Punch yet? Guess it was an XBLIG game but it looks really fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN6rYygppY0

Totally buying it when I get home after watching the TB WTF video.

Yep, loving it. I was worried it would be one of these rhythm games would would take ages to master on the later levels, but it just clicked with me. I like the way it ramps up the speed each time you finish a level and dials it down when you're beaten.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Posing 3D Characters
Drag and drop a character from the "3D character" menu! Select a pose and face from the templates. There are over 100 poses and faces to choose from! They are categorized by the character's emotions, so it's simple to choose the right expression for any situation!

Are you sure we want Milamber getting his hands on this technology? >.>

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom